All teen and kid member reviews for F.E.A.R

Teen, 16 years old Written bymissnaughty April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheCertifiedTruth March 27, 2013

The scariest game ever made

HOLY CRAP THIS GAME SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!!very violent and could give a child night terrors please don't let a kid who gets scared easily play this it could mess them up pshycologicly
Teen, 13 years old Written bynickdeb April 9, 2008

A graphic, scary, disturbing shooter... But still Awesome!

If you can stand movies like "Saving Private Ryan", you should be fine. This game is VERY, VERY graphic. Make sure you can stand large amounts of gore before playing this game. Those who can, will enjoy this "classic in the making" to the fullest extent!
Teen, 16 years old Written byBig Daddys Drill February 12, 2010

love it not for teens 15 and under

This game is sweet but not for kids 15 and under it is fery scary but so cool i play it and love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 23, 2010

10 and 11 year olds playing...

The scariness of this game is really high which makes this an extremely weird game and very violent. The blood is very freaky and messes with your mind, Skeletons and stuff. Its a much unique game.
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 November 14, 2009

Too scary, violent, and graphic for anyone under 17. Iffy for 17+.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFearlessmaster May 18, 2009

My favorite game of all time

This game rules with killer explosions and gunfights, along with the terrifying imagery and involving storyline, a must play for mature players!
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2009

Very thrilling game. Play!

Not for kids 14 and under. I watched my friens play this game and I found it very thrilling, adventerous, and violent. What is Common Sense talking about language? No gore is shown and all of the violence is cartoon, but I agree, it is preticularly violent. - Jeremy
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmaterasu13 February 21, 2009

Another one of my favorites

I enjoyed this game very much. I think it's for mature audience because of the gore and terror. The story itself is what I like most about this game because it's different, tragic, and interesting. I also enjoyed the unique time slowing, or "reflex", thing you get to have. A nice advantage in gun fights. Though you fight the same clone dudes over and over, go long periods without gun fights, the thought of running into paranormal stuff keeps the suspense alive. Like the Silent Hill: Homecoming review I wrote, the tactics the game has for fright is the atmosphere and music. The music was a big part to me as it just struck weird nerves of tension for the appearance of paranormal things. The other was things actually popping and flashing out of nowhere. Actually, theres a theory that our eyes and brain are so used to spotting things on one side (I think it's the left) that if it comes from the other side suddenly, it causes shock or what I like to call being jumpy. So to expose F.E.A.R to a little kid would chance fright and posibly a nightmare, since you tend to run into scenes of gore. Love the game, just too bad you never see your character's face.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2009

A (very) scary game, but still awsome.

F.E.A.R. is an AMAZING game. Seamless graphics, life-like physics, and amazing sound just make the game simply awesome. I will not deny that it is gory. It is VERY gory. But what shooter today isn't? I think the thing that would disturb PARENTS the most is that if the player studies the storyline good enough, *SPOILER* he/she finds out that the creepy little girl (Alma) was forced into early labor at eight years old, and you are pretty much trying to kill your mother. (even more creepy, she's your mom!) I think kids that are scared easily should not play this game. It is pretty creepy. The best starting age for 'trying out the game' would be at least 10, when your child should be finally out of the 'zombies are gonna eat me!' phase. But it's a great game, and i recommend it to anyone who likes a good horror/action game.

Like Bloodshot but a FPS!!!

Well i just got this game and i am 13 so yes and i am allowed to play this game 1st off the violence really isn't that bad if your kid has call of duty 4 then you will be fine in the story they say F**K ALOT so that is really the only problme. there is blood and it goes every where and the story is kind of creepy but if you played Condemned 1 and 2 BTW the people who made the Condemned seriese made F.E.A.R. and if you watch scary movies and alot of that stuff you will be fine but this is deffinatly for 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMindless7333 April 9, 2008

A good game.

This game is very fun for shooter fans. It has a fair amount of blood and the gunshots can be put into slow motion, which is worse. Blood splatters, there are marks on the enemy, and blood is projected onto walls. I have shot enemies in half at times, too. It does have some VERY jumpy scenes in it, and this causes you to feel terrible throughout the game. Every corner you feel reluctant to turn, because there could or could not be something there. But aside from that, if you can deal with jumpy moments and the blood, you will enjoy this game. Some examples of violent or scary scenes are: When climbing down a ladder a zombie-like figure rushes towards you. Some of it's skin is missing. You head towards a door and find it is locked, then turn around and Alma, the evil girl, is directly in front of you. There are some "dream" scenes which involve you swimming through blood etc. Also, the game features a weapon which nails enemies to walls. If you can handle this, you will enjoy the game. I personally think BioShock is worse in terms of adult features.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieman430 April 9, 2008

Top of the line terrifying shooter

F.E.A.R. is one of the best games all year, if not the 21st century. True gamers will want to stand up and applaud this triumph. The games amazing A.I. enemies are intelligent and tricky; they'll throw things over to hide behind, try to corner you, distract you while they try to flank you. The weapons are also spectacular, the shotgun just feels right. Parents should note, the game is violent, gory, disturbing, and has some severe language. You shoot up clones in full body armor with some spectacular effects. The graphics allow for realistic results, a shot to the left arm will jerk it back, sometimes even make the arm fall off. At proper distance, the shotgun vaporizes enemies. Beyond the gun play, there are some creepy cut scenes that feature a creepy little girl with the power to tear soldiers apart. Characters can also be heard shouting colorful phrases. The game is an intense adult shooter, appropriate only for older teens. Gamers should know that the game requires a lot from your PC, a gig of ram is recommended as well as a descent graphics card. In the end, F.E.A.R. is probably the best adult shooter I've ever played.
Teen, 15 years old Written byyourboi01 April 9, 2008

really bloody which makes it cool
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkatall April 9, 2008

Very Frightening, not reccomended for younger gamers.

This game may seem to be a great tactical shooter when you look at the box but in reality it is a horrifying twisted tale with horiific images flashing at every turn. The action segments of this game are fun but very infrequent. Parents should kno that this game has harsh language at vertually every battle and cutscene. The violence is extreme. You can make humans explode with a shotgun blast, blast them in half with the same wepon, or you can shoot their head off with a well aimed sniper shot (their head lies next to them on the ground). Many cutscenes feature pools of blood in which the character walks and moves towards a hospital door, thru which, usually, a horrific corpse comes. The scary dark hallways and creepy little girl make this game a lot less fun than it could be. I dont reccomend this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMikeythehunter April 9, 2008

Its okay for mature children....

I'm 15 and i got the game when i was 14, M ratings for me are not any issue when it comes to buying them unless it has something that is worst then just strong language,Intense violence, ect; it matters when the game has nudity and shows sex... To me F.E.A.R is to be played by teenagers, no one under 13 becuase of its blood and gore... language,kids can hear at school worst then just the f word or such...
Teen, 13 years old Written byTru-Sense April 9, 2008

Its fun because its scary!

The game was very fun to play, and I think that kids 13+ should be able to play it. The game pretty much got its kicks from jump scenes. IF your kid is squeamish to blood, or gore, you probably shouldn't let them play this game. I am 13, and I totally could handle it. It was scary, don't get me wrong, but it was very enjoyable overall.
Teen, 14 years old Written byXero1000 April 9, 2008

One of the best FPS i've ever played

I started out the first mission and the scares start immediatly. lights flicker and sway when walking down the corridor and "incoming call. origin unknown." appears on the screen. in the shadows, the figure of a little girl darts across the screen, time slows down, you can hear your heart throbing (wondering if it's the game or your own) isn't FEAR fun? FEAR has nice combat, gunfights erupting suddenly and leaving as fast as they started, with the addition of the bullet-time "reflex mode" makes the shootings fun, fast-paced, and requiring a decent amount of stragaty. But the game really cashes in on the horror. And while the game does have some "ewww gross" horror, the psycological horror is the best part. For you people who are slieghtly squeamish, do NOT play this at night when you're home alone, kids. Definatly a must play though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHalo 117 April 9, 2008

not as good as i thought it would be

This game isnt as good as i thought it would be.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon1014 April 9, 2008

well this game may look like fun and it is, it has quite a few F-words and pretty much every door you open something scary or nasty is gonna happen like blood dreeping from the roof or shooting someone with a shotgun but over all it has amazing graphics and a good story line but i regret playing it i think it should only be played by 17+