All member reviews for F.E.A.R

Terrifying and bloody shooter for adults only.

Teen, 15 years old Written byyourboi01 April 9, 2008

awesome

really bloody which makes it cool
Teen, 15 years old Written byidkatall April 9, 2008

Very Frightening, not reccomended for younger gamers.

This game may seem to be a great tactical shooter when you look at the box but in reality it is a horrifying twisted tale with horiific images flashing at every turn. The action segments of this game are fun but very infrequent. Parents should kno that this game has harsh language at vertually every battle and cutscene. The violence is extreme. You can make humans explode with a shotgun blast, blast them in half with the same wepon, or you can shoot their head off with a well aimed sniper shot (their head lies next to them on the ground). Many cutscenes feature pools of blood in which the character walks and moves towards a hospital door, thru which, usually, a horrific corpse comes. The scary dark hallways and creepy little girl make this game a lot less fun than it could be. I dont reccomend this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMikeythehunter April 9, 2008

Its okay for mature children....

I'm 15 and i got the game when i was 14, M ratings for me are not any issue when it comes to buying them unless it has something that is worst then just strong language,Intense violence, ect; it matters when the game has nudity and shows sex... To me F.E.A.R is to be played by teenagers, no one under 13 becuase of its blood and gore... language,kids can hear at school worst then just the f word or such...
Teen, 13 years old Written byTru-Sense April 9, 2008

Its fun because its scary!

The game was very fun to play, and I think that kids 13+ should be able to play it. The game pretty much got its kicks from jump scenes. IF your kid is squeamish to blood, or gore, you probably shouldn't let them play this game. I am 13, and I totally could handle it. It was scary, don't get me wrong, but it was very enjoyable overall.
Teen, 14 years old Written byXero1000 April 9, 2008

One of the best FPS i've ever played

I started out the first mission and the scares start immediatly. lights flicker and sway when walking down the corridor and "incoming call. origin unknown." appears on the screen. in the shadows, the figure of a little girl darts across the screen, time slows down, you can hear your heart throbing (wondering if it's the game or your own) isn't FEAR fun? FEAR has nice combat, gunfights erupting suddenly and leaving as fast as they started, with the addition of the bullet-time "reflex mode" makes the shootings fun, fast-paced, and requiring a decent amount of stragaty. But the game really cashes in on the horror. And while the game does have some "ewww gross" horror, the psycological horror is the best part. For you people who are slieghtly squeamish, do NOT play this at night when you're home alone, kids. Definatly a must play though.
Adult Written bySilverDCTU April 9, 2008

Not for the younglings...

While the game itself may look shiny and tons of fun for kids between 15 and 17, this title is defidently one to be looked at closely by parents before allowing your kids to play. Well over 75% of this game is based off a scare and gore factor. Everything from scary sounds, blood splatter, blood dipping from ceilings, to enemies and specters that tend to jump at the player from all angles. This game is defidently for those 17+ or for kids between the ages of 15 to 17 who are mature in nature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHalo 117 April 9, 2008

not as good as i thought it would be

This game isnt as good as i thought it would be.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBrandon1014 April 9, 2008

Intense

well this game may look like fun and it is, it has quite a few F-words and pretty much every door you open something scary or nasty is gonna happen like blood dreeping from the roof or shooting someone with a shotgun but over all it has amazing graphics and a good story line but i regret playing it i think it should only be played by 17+
Adult Written byyetijones April 9, 2008

A masterpiece

This is the kind of epic storyline that comes along once every 10 years or so. The whole way through the game I was on the edge of my seat, expecting the unexpected, when in truth the developers gave me the really unexpected! The plot twist at the end made this game so much better than what I would have expected from it, and it has an extremely high replay value; you'll probably never get the same game again as the enemy AI is always thinking, planning, and outsmarting you when you least expect it. If you think your child is mature enough to handle the language and violence within this game, please buy it for them and let them experience the true masterpiece from Sierra entertainment!