All member reviews for Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Fantasy strategy game more mature than it looks.

Kid, 11 years old June 3, 2010

This game is more violent than you think it might be. D%$& is used a few times. Some sad parts are when a child is shot by a soldier in the streets and whenever a character dies. Despite this this is a must buy!
Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

It is goood!

THis game is fairly good, those who are put off by the "tactical" gameplay shouldn,t be it is more fun than you may think. Think: Final Fantasy War of the Lions meets Lord of the rings third age (except, when characters die, they really die.) Violence isn't too bad, people. Attacks are cutscenes so they can be more styalized. People fall down after being defeated. I say 9+.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

a great game

my mom REALLY loved it, and i played through the first time on easy. my mom is stubborn and wont let anyone die. the word damn is used a few times, but its just fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKavki St. Dane November 19, 2009

Fantastic sequel - great for kids of (almost) any age

This is the sequel to "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance", and a great extension to the story. I have to say this branch of the series is my favorite to be released in the states so far. For those new to the series, the games play fairly similarly to chess - you move all your soldiers, then the enemies move, then it's your turn again. This particular story arc revolves around a continent of humans and demi-humans (called Laguz) who must pick sides in the impending war. There's a few mild curse words - 'd**n', perhaps the term 'c*r', but it's all used fairly decently. It's violent but seen at a distance and there's no blood or gore - if someone dies they simply drop to their knees and disappear. It's probably okay for kids a little younger, but I'm going to say it's best for 10+ just because of the general content: for example my little brother probably wouldn't play it because there's too much reading and he has to take turns (god forbid) as opposed to free-form fighting. If you can get a little one to enjoy it, however, power to you - the tactical approach will keep anyone's mind at a good pace.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

it is awesome........

this game is pretty good. i like the strategy involved in winning.this game is fun because you get all sorts of characters.(sages,fighters,etc.)but i dont like the names.
Kid, 7 years old August 2, 2011

SCARY GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well seeing how i havent played the game myself i have seen my best friend Ben playy it on wii so your a cople of kids and you walk around graveyards and caves and you kill lots and lots of monsters so i recomend this game for ages 9 & up thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byPvt. Sokolva January 5, 2011

Like hardcore chess.

The only reason I set the age limit this high is because of the difficult strategy required to make it far in this game. It is like playing an incredibly complex and detailed game of chess, in which the board, pieces, and rules are constantly changing. Its an incredible game though, really entertaining. I love the Fire Emblem games anyway, but the concept of adding the race of people who can change briefly into animals is very interesting. This game is intended for older kids in difficulty level and story line, but there's little in this to make it inappropriate. No language, certainly; everything is very old english sounding and proper. However, there is death; you are trying to kill the enemy using your little army before they kill you, its like a board game of war. No blood, attacks not graphic, but your characters fall in battle (rather than dying, they get injured and you can't use them anymore) but enemy characters do die.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTemerity April 9, 2008

Another great FE game, but far too similar to Path of Radiance

This game is compelling and fantastic for anyone who can even mildly appreciate games of the turn-based strategy genre. Nothing to worry about here aside from the negligible amount of fantasy violence that might give young elementary kids that wrong idea. The Fire Emblem games are noted for having a story that is far more detailed and complex than the average video game and having realistic characters that develop as the story goes on. The game’s entire action takes place on the battlefield where the player controls the character's individually in a turn based gameplay style. If characters perish during battle they are not revived and are gone for the game. You will find yourself re-loading the game because of losing a character. This game provides a good challenge even on the easy setting so I would recommend it for children older than 10 for that very reason.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypantsman523 April 9, 2008

Not the best of the Fire Emblem series, but a worthy addition

While it not my favorite turn based strategy RPG, overall it is a good game. You have a large amount of characters to choose, each with their own unique back story. Most of the game is spent on the battle screen, and while there it no blood, characters die. When this happens they say something and then they are removed from the game. The only questionable thing is the idea of losing a character that has grown on you. There is somewhat of a learning curve on this game. If you have played a FE game or something close to it, it should be a little easier to get used to. Either way and age limit should be 11+ due to the sometimes beastly difficulty.