All member reviews for Flight Simulator X

The latest Flight Simulator game is the best yet.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymficl12 April 9, 2008

Its ok

This game shouldn't be rated by age, it's just how much you know about aviation. Yes, i do know a lot about planes, flying, navigation, everything. a 7 year old could play this, he/she just needs knowledge.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrpg481 August 29, 2011

Very good game

If you reaaly interested of planes i recomend this game
Written byAnonymous July 5, 2010

Flyer's delight!

Possibly the most realistic game out, it's mostly used for junkies and professional training, but is a fun alternative that isn't for everyone...
Parent of a 11 year old Written bylrthomp April 9, 2008

Real-world planes and scenery, fun skill development

This game is a favorite in our house, with adults and our 9-yr-old son. The realism is what makes it so appealing - the planes, cockpits, scenery, airports, "fasten seatbelt" sign switches, even engine sounds are completely lifelike. You can take "lessons" or just take off and fly. Our son especially likes customizing the planes, weather conditions, time of day, and departure airport. You can get the jetway to approach the plane at the gate, though we're still figuring out how to do this. Educationally, he's had to develop patience to learn how sensitive the joy stick is with different planes, and how to turn without losing altitude, and how to teach Mom. Admittedly, he also likes to crash planes into the ground - on high settings a small smokey fire errupts. Some of his friends find the game boring ("no action") but his closer friends think it's "cool." You need a powerful computer with TONS of RAM to run the program properly.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2008

it can be hard

this is awsome! i love this game i am on it 24/7! i love flying and crashin the planes!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydr duck September 5, 2010

Simple flight simulator is easy to play, hard to master

Some open chat, but people hardly ever swear.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySynForLife April 9, 2008

This game provides values

For an aspiring pilot, believe it or not, you can take the game lessons, go take your hours with an instructor, and get our licsence
Teen, 13 years old Written bynsvv April 30, 2011

A good product but too complex for under 14s.

MS Flight simulator X is a very realistic and well made flight simulator, but like all simulators it is extremely complex, and pointless for anybody under the age of 14ish. However, before you buy this product consider an alternative: FlightGear. FlightGear is a more powerful simulator that allows advanced users to share self-built planes and maps, allowing a virtually infinite amount of content. The best thing about FlightGear? It's completely free. However, it is a very complex product and really is only appropriate for 14s or over.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjack921 August 20, 2009

Great game, but can be confusing for younger kids

It is a very realistic and great simulator, but With realism comes real-life complications. For very young kids, they won't be able to understand the game well enough to enjoy it. However, if you're old enough to understand aircraft systems, etc., you can enjoy the game
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2009

fun for all

i think it is a great game it is very fun and challenging
Adult Written bytbone09 February 1, 2009

this good wow!!

its just a really great game to play,
Teen, 14 years old Written bymintoman February 17, 2009

FLight simulator

It is good because it is like a simulator at your home
Adult Written byDizzyrex May 2, 2012

Flight Simulator X For Ages 8 And Up!

I think that Flight Simulator X is a great way to experience flying expect not really flying on a real airplane. Take a noobish airplane to a massive jumbo jet, I recommend this for 8 and up! This is just a simulator!
Teen, 17 years old Written byOl' McDonald September 1, 2012

LEARNING

Great but don't forget to addon!

Fantastic, but only for those who know about flying. I've had Flight sim for 6 years and have over 600 planes and 400 new sceneries. If you'd like to know where to get these sceneries and airplanes, go to flightsim. com.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymat5795 September 23, 2012

LEARNING

Recommended for all people who are interested in the fun of Microsoft Flight Simulator X

I think that Microsoft Flight Simulator X is a very good way for kids to learn about being a pilot. Any real simulation like Microsoft Flight Simulator X is a good way to get as close to the real thing as you can. I have played Microsoft Simulator X for about 3 to 4 years, as you can see i am quite interested in flying planes and i am only 15 years old and to this day I still play, that is until I get my pilot's license and get a job flying real planes. I will still play Microsoft Flight Simulator X when I do Have a pilot job, I will do it for practice. I recommend you get Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is worth the money.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBob Clear April 30, 2012

Great game

I have been playing this game since 2007, and it teaches you about aircraft and how amazing they are. Free flight is for anyone, but if you want to do the more complicated missions, you actually need to know about plane systems and how it works.
Teen, 14 years old Written byWiki55 February 19, 2014

Microsoft Flight Simulator

This is a very good game that can be played as single player, or if wanted, multiplayer. I really recommend it for kids interested in planes.