All member reviews for Forza Horizon

Deep, compelling car game glamorizes illicit street racing.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byBigSilverN February 5, 2013

Forza Horizon

If you pay attention to the dialouge at the begging of the game, it clearly advises ALL drivers (non-racers who are just innocently driving on the road), that these streets have been sanctioned off by the police for the festival. So all of those supposedly "illegal races", are perfectly legal and fine. Also, the swears in the only happen twice and they can be easily missed because all the commotion going on when they are said (I had to mentally replay it in my head a couple times before I could actually understand that's what they said). Third, for the consumerism and violence, the Forza Motorsport(I know it's called Forza Horizon but its part of the Forza Motorsport series so just trust me on this one, ok?) series is a racing SIMULATOR. Things like that are present in real life, so they are included in the game. The violence in this game concerns crashing your car (and it doesn't explode all grand theft auto style, only thing that happens is that your screen fades to black and you can start driving again) and that violence can be changed by putting on cosmetic damage in the game's settings which allows damage to not be shown on impact, so the only thing you have to be worried about is flipping over, which like I said before, leads to the screen fading to black, comes back with your car in a perfectly normal state, and you keep driving. For consumerism, how much do you think brands like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Ford, Saleen, Nike, and Oakley will influene your child in a negative way? If anything, it could open up your child to the world of cars and give them a hobby that could prevent from drinking, smoking, etc. My final thing to say is concerning the educational value of this game. Like I said before, something like this could open up the world of cars to your child and take there interest from other, more inappropriate things ( I know it did for me!). Also, since this game is a simulator, it has somewhat of a value in teaching your child how sudden car crashes can be and you should always be alert on the road. Thanks for taking time to read this long review! -BigSilverN
Parent of a 5 year old Written byDyas January 5, 2013

Isn't as innocent as you might think.

I rate this at a later age for these reasons: Speed traps: You are encouraged to drive as fast as you can past a speed camera. Until a child understands this is a game, and you don't do this in real life that is an issue. Road Racing: The real world driving is great, but you are racing on roads. It keeps track of your average speed. This would encourage you to speed faster to raise this. There are other no racing cars on the road. No real damage is done, and no one gets hurt. This concept needs to be understood by the child before introduction to this game. Wreckage: You get points for causing wreckage. This seems innocent, but you need to be aware of your child's understanding that this is a game. If your child doesn't have a firm grasp on reality versus make believe, that this could be an issue. In real life there are consequences for running over signs. You don't get discounts as you do in the game. Consumerism: While I don't find this an issue, it is there. Be aware. If you find this to be a bad thing, than make sure you pay attention to the fact that it is in the game. Sex: I listed this as there are some skimpy outfits. This is based on your values. I can see this being suitable for a child younger, but you need to be aware of your child and what they are used to seeing. Like it or not, it probably isn't worse than they will see on "Dancing with the Stars". Violence: This falls into the wreckage I mentioned above. When you view your car for a photo op, you can see the damage done. It is cosmetic, so there is no negative to having your car all smashed up. Make sure your child understands this concept. Safety & Privacy: If you child has Gold, they can play online. If you like me do not allow your child to have Gold, there isn't a concern. I know others have mentioned language, drinking, drugs, & smoking. I could have missed them honestly, but don't remember seeing them. For the language, I'm sure you would have to look at the entire soundtrack to see what is in it. I heard house music the most, so be aware. I know house music can reference drugs. I don't remember hearing it, but found out "looking for molly" isn't looking for a girl in other media. Just be aware of slang terms for this in the music. I hope this helps. Just be aware that it seams innocent on the surface, but there are a lot of things that push this title to a higher level. Unlike the other Forza, witch focus on track racing (or closed road), and has negative effects to the car if you crash; this one is more lighthearted. In being this way, more negative can be derived.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycakehunter516 December 30, 2013

Forza Horizon review

A brilliant racing simulator that lets you 'free-roam' all over Colorado. The game is set in Colorado where a fictional festive called the 'Horizon Festival' is taking place. You compete in many different races (roads, tracks, off-road circuits) as you try to become the 'Horizon Champion'. There is rare uses of the word cr*p and you their is the option to illegal street race for money. I have completed the story and have found the game to be of a high standard and one of the best racing games for Xbox 360.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2013

It is fun but iffy for 11 year olds

This game is iffy for 11 year olds because some women are not wearing much clothes at all. The girl that is organizing these events on the game is flirting with your character. Some car crashes damage your car but do not hurt the driver. You do buy cars, but that is not a problem. There is a few cuss words, mainly said by a guy named Darrel Flynn, who is a rude, but a great driver you are trying to beat. This game does have a multiplayer but you can mute the other player. There is very little smoking and drugs, but there is some. I love to play this game! Truly, I do not think my little brother should play this game, but it has not affected him in any way. I would recommend this game to you if you can deal with cursing and little clothes. I would also not recommend you play it if you are 11 or under. I love this game and I hope my review helps!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTurf October 28, 2012

LEARNING

Forza Horizon is the best Forza to date.

If you think this game is a 13+ game there is something wrong with you, This game does not "glorify" illicit street racing, you race on closed courses. I am at 50% completion and I have only heard 2 cuss words. This is a great game for all ages and extremely fun.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2014

Mostly Alright

I play this game a lot and enjoy it. However, I've noticed a few things parents might want to watch out for. Violence: Not too much but there are car crashes. You can turn off cosmetic damage in difficulty settings so wreckage isn't shown. Sex: The game's set in Colorado where it's obviously quite warm so don't be surprised if you see a few girls with bikinis or short clothes on. Also, you can listen to three fictional radio stations, Horizon Bass Arena (electronic music), Horizon Pulse (easy music) and Horizon Rocks (rock music). There's a song on Bass Arena called "The Hope" by Scuba and there is some sex-related words in that song such as "got the taste, got the sex". Language: a few uses of "Oh my God", "Damn!" and "Ass" and maybe a few mild bad words in the rock songs but I don't listen to Horizon Rocks. Consumerism: You have to earn money from winning races and doing skills to buy new cars and some expensive cars that are sometimes underpriced in the game. To get some cars, you need to download some DLCs which cost real money and you can buy tokens with real money too. Drinking, drugs and smoking: An opponent in the game called Duke Maguire who has a catchphrase saying "Adrenaline is my drug of choice." Before the title screen, there is a screen that says "When behind the wheel of a real car, always drive safely" so the game doesn't overly glamourise dangerous driving. Overall, the game is basically a racing game with free roam so it's not actually too bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPaid proffesional April 27, 2014

Great racing game for preeteens and up.

Forza horizon is a great game for preteens and up. The "language" is next to none, happening only twice and is easily lost in the commotion of the cut scene. The street races are not illegal because the streets have been cordoned off by the police for the festival. And with regards to consumerism, what do you expect? It is a game about buying cars and racing them. As long as you kids know not to street race or speed in cars, this is a fantastic racing game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKSI Tube September 17, 2013

Forza Horizon is great for kids.

I play this game all the time, and I am a 16 year old guy. This game does not influence anything bad. This sites review had drinking, drugs and smoking in it. I haven't seen a SINGLE scene in which somebody drinks or smokes. This game is packed with endless hours of fun, and in my opinion, teaches that if you persist, you can be the best. Yes, this game contains street racing, but not like Need For Speed. This game is set at the Horizon Festival in Colorado, and has closed, set tracks for racing. No civilians are at risk, unless you are free roaming, but then again, it's only A.I. cars with no drivers. And what I meant about persistence, is in the game, you are the last contestant. Everyone else is more known than you are. To get to the top, and beat the champion, you have to compete in several races (all on closed track with the exception of star showdowns which ill cover) and get you gold wristband to race 4 time Horizon champion, Darius Flynt. In order to get there, you must earn new ranks, and complete star showdowns. A star showdown is basically you vs a well known driver, and the reward for winning is a new car, which can be upgraded. Just remember folks, games do not negatively affect children, teens or adult (It's been proven several times before). Like I said, your child can learn perseverance from this game. Plus, it's only a racing game. What boy/guy wouldn't want to tear up the streets with an exotic super car like the Bugatti Veyron SuperSport, or hit the dirt track with a fully rallied up Subaru Impreza WRX STi? Your child can also learn plenty about cars like I did. It's a great game, and if your child uses a steering wheel as a controller, can possibly help learn real world driving skills. I say it's totally appropriate for children, but then again that's up to you. And this site TOTALLY lied about the sexual content part. Not ONE sex scene in the entire game. It's a racing game, not a James Bond movie. Violence? It's just 3D virtual files made to look like a car the have been rendered with a beautiful game engine that has cars bumping each other at the worst. I hope this helped.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylolipopz November 19, 2012

gud game but not for kidzz

its not for kids from my point of view and should be avoided to let them play. the previous version forza 4 has no prob in it and is really gud for all ages
Teen, 13 years old Written byjake7495 December 12, 2014

Simulation/Sexual themes.

Forza horizon says suggestive themes rated by ESRB, it's not that inappropriate there are girls with their stomach showing, And you can skip the cutscene. Forza horizon has mild violence. When you crash into another car. Your car glass cracks. And your car has many dents. The only inappropriate part is in cutscenes.
Kid, 11 years old November 25, 2014

Great game.

Where is there 'Sex' in the game? I've played through the WHOLE GAME, I beat Darius.. Overall it's a great game, just keep kids offline unless you want screaming kids.... Heh.. Heh... Eh......
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrueReviews123 July 4, 2014

Great Game with Some Bad Parts

I believe this game is awesome! It is a open world racing game set at the fictional Horizon Festival in Colorado. This game has beautiful animation, with little lag and a full day/night cycle. There are over 200 cars, with classic and modern vehicles, mostly fast and fancy sports cars. This game does have events sponsored by brands such as Adidas and Oakley, but no actual products show up in the game. There are 3 radio stations dedicated to electronic music, pop and alternative, and rock. The hosts curse lightly, but this is rare, and is passed over quickly. There is an option to turn the radio off. There are 2 cuss words in the game, but they are passed over even easier. Some women in the game are wearing more revealing outfits, but it isn't worse then say, Dancing with the Stars. A character also flirts with your character, but nothing bad. I believe this game is a must-buy for any fan of the Forza series or racing and cars in general.
Teen, 13 years old Written by860zack00 May 24, 2013

Forza Horizion

This game is Great but watch out for online for language
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2013

GREAT GAME

READ THIS RATING For all the people out there who think tip his is centered around street racing its not. It is centered around the "horizon" festival in Colorado where you race on CLOSED tracks for credits you can use to buy cars. I can remember maybe one bad word, but unless you were rewinding every cut scene looking for it, it was not noticeable. Now for sexual content, there were a few times where someone was flirting with your character, but nothing to bad. THIS GAME HAS PHENOMENAL GRAPHICS AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND FOR ANY RACING GAME FAN
Kid, 11 years old January 26, 2013

Great Game But...

The game is great but the game has several references to sex and light language
Parent of a 6 and 14 year old Written byreneebrowne December 26, 2012

Good driving game for tweens & above