All member reviews for Free Realms

Beautiful MMORPG lets kids have fun safely.

Parent Written byThe cool parent September 11, 2011

Not good for anyone!!

Ummm.... girls act sexy, one boy tried to see if he could have sex with me. I wouldn't be surprised if girls walked around in panties and bras on this website.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byMrs.SmithFromChicago October 27, 2013

Shocking!

I have no idea what Sony was thinking! In the newest update, you can visit strip clubs, buy and grow heroin, rape other players, and viciously and violently kill other players. Don't even get me started on the pedophiles that log in and swear their souls out to little kids, graphically describing rape. So please parents, stop and think before you destroy your child's life!
Kid, 12 years old August 24, 2010

Free??? YEAH RIGHT!!!

oh yeah right like kids of 10 would learn stuff from that dreadful site! im scared some kids found out how to say bad things on there! idk i have not been on this site before i just dont know!? Free realms just wants money!!! volince is the worst thing because when there 3 something would happen to one part of there brain! i read it on the newspaper!!! but im sure its easy to play!
Teen, 13 years old Written bydude783115 July 11, 2009

Great Website

First of all if your a new user I suggest getting a starter card. It cost one dollar (great deal). It gives you one months membership. The other cards cost 5, 10, and 25 dollars. Station cash lets you buy much more weapons, clothing, and much more items. Try not to spend so much. If you want more Station Cash you have to buy another card. If you get membership and don't want to buy station cash, that's fine. Buy a regular months membership. The graphics or great. Free Realms world is at least ten times bigger than pirates online. That's how good it is. There's goofy spells that can turn you into crabs, monsters (their hardly scary). The emotions are amazing compared to other Disney websites. The violence isn't that bad. You can race cars in this game also. The racing is better than Mario kart. The tracks aren't as good though. The environment is safe. It's very rare to find a person who uses foul language on this game. I haven't heard any yet. In my opinion get the game cards. No credit card numbers or anything like that. They're found in Target, blockbuster, two more places. Sorry I forgot the other two. This websites is very popular there's over 4 million accounts on Free Realms. Play this game.
Parent Written byCarriena September 27, 2013

Kid-Friendly Game!

Well, my kid, she is 10 years old, she has played Free Realms, and she absolutely loves it. Here are pros of Free Realms: Membership: Membership on Free Realms is very cheap, and forget paying 70 dollars a month for lifetime, for a lifetime membership it only costs $35.00 and it's a ONE TIME PAYMENT! I consider this very cheap, compared to other games my 10 year old plays. Gameplay: The quality is very good, it is 3D and kids can easily make friends here. Free Realms is a mostly kid-friendly game. (See "cons" of Free Realms.) Appearance: At first in Free Realms, as you know, you may choose a human or a pixie to represent you in-game. There are different types of make-up and face paint, not to mention beards and mustache(s) for boys! The hair choices are nice too. There are up-dos, and long hair, even short hair. For the pixies, there are also different wing patterns you can choose from. As for clothing, they do not have skirts, but they do have shorts. Fortunately, they only have three pairs that my daughter has mentioned and from what I have seen, they are all appropriate, meaning they do not show off her player's butt or anything. The shirts are appropriate, though they do have "midriff" shirts as my daughter says they are called. Though they do have these shirts, they do have things that can cover their bellies. Social: Con: Well, there is a very strong filter on Free Realms, I have seen before when my 10 year old was in the bathroom, I walked by the computer, and there were girls saying, "i need a dayt" and "dayum" and other ways around the chat filter. Pros: This is a very nice game for social activity, as I said before, they have a very strong filter, it blocks numbers, and there are no sexual words or activities allowed, no swearing, (though players have partially gotten past that roadblock) nothing inappropriate or unsuitable for kids. In-game currency: The currency in Free Realms are Coins and Station Cash. Coins are currency that you can earn while you do battles, open chests, etc. etc. Station Cash: Station Cash costs money. Though you can get game cards or just pay through the game from your credit card. It is completely safe, they do not scam, they do not steal your money, nothing negative. My daughter has had no complaints that she didn't get her station cash, or got something she didn't like. In a short description: Free Realms is a kid-friendly game that is appropriate for almost all ages!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBionic Reviewer May 23, 2013

Not so Free, but definitely a Realm.

First of all, the "free" part of the name does not imply "no money required". It implies "do what you want". Subscriptions are practically mandatory for leveling your professions, and the Cash Shop will sell all sorts of goodies for money. As for content, there isn't all that much in game, but, as in all games, there's a reason why ESRB doesn't rate online interactions. The SOE crowd in general (Freerealms, DC Universe Online, Clone Wars Adventures, etc) tends to be unhelpful and best and inappropriate at worst. Always keep an eye on the screen while your child plays. Violence isn't too bad, mostly wacky fantasy stuff. Battles come in minigames and, more recently, the Sunstone Valley section of the map. In combat, your characters uses swords, scythes, hammers, bows, axes and magic spells to fight silly opponents like ninjas, giant insects and crabs, and during it's anniversary event, a giant animated slice of cake. Players can obtain seasonal weapons as well, such as balloon weapons during the aforementioned anniversary. Although there is no explicit sexual behavior in game, players may speak how they wish. There used to be an exploit which allowed players to strip down to their underwear, though they may have patched it up. No foul language in game, but again, the community. A town called Chugalug (I think, it's been a while) is populated by creatures who are seemingly drunk, and the town's banner is an ale mug. Aside from that, not too much to speak of. The game gets dull after a while, as gear differences are barely noticable, and there isn't really an endgame other than getting the flashier gear for level 20 jobs. Most likely, your kid can handle it, but it most likely won't hold their interest for too long. You never know, though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAraniFire March 16, 2013

LEARNING

Not a bad game in my opinion.

I have been on Free Realms for just over 2 years now and although the game itself can become a bore at times overall I find its a nice game for younger generation of people. I do had wished I had discovered it back in its BETA days in 2009 and experienced the very old FR. I started out on this game quite late in life at about 14 and I still am on this at the age of 17. I still find it quite entertaining and I get along with many of the players which are also in their late teens. I think that Free Realms is a good game for anyone aged 10-15 and parents should have no worries leaving their children on there, the violence is minimum and the entertainment is endless. I also think that it is a good learning environment for children as there are lots of different language filters and players from all around the world you could pick up a word or two, I know I sure have. Privacy can be an issue with some younger or vulnerable players when it comes to accounts and passwords, they may be easily tricked into giving their details away which could end up them loosing their Character along with all their items. As with any game there are positive and negative people throughout the game you will meet, I myself, have met a number of negative people who have caused much drama in the game as well as a lot of positive people who you get to know from all around the world. I for one have met about 12 good friends on there and I now have them added on my Facebook and even Skype them face to face all of which are from places such as Denmark, California, Florida, Alaska, Italy, and Turkey. Now onto the big issue with Free Realms. Money.. This is a problem to a lot of people in this day and age where money is more scarce now to spend on entertainment for some. And this is no exception, id say membership for Lifetime of the game isn't bad at all. It had raised a little in price since I payed for Lifetime in 2010 but compared to other games I have seen such as Club Penguin it is not bad at all for what you get. SC also known as Station Cash which is the money currency of the game on the other hand is a different issue. This can cost quite a lot over time, $10 here and there will not last you long.
Teen, 13 years old Written byantonica March 13, 2013

Gotta give it a try

LOVE IT SO ADDICTING.... I started playing when I was in first grade :)) 8 yrs old.. Awesomeness
Kid, 10 years old April 27, 2012

Free Realms/Amazing Game

I love Free Realms, in a good way. With two accounts with full lifetime membership, what can go wrong? I do think that people get away with swearing TOO much. People improvise for swear words such as using "Muck" or "As" for the swear words. The brawling games are optional. But the game also has positive role models, such as helping people while having fun at the same time. As a level 5 VIP member, i got all i need. I do think the limits for non-members are unfair. Otherwise, A GREAT game for kids and parents.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

love it

looove it! but some users abuse it and turn it into a fake dating system
Parent of a 9 year old Written byReviewer564 December 30, 2010

Great!!! And if players even type a word that looks like a bad one it does not show! Like "hot" or "what ever"
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCheraMom October 21, 2010

For kids who are ready for their first MMORPG

The landscape looks like earth, but is populated with perfect looking young adults, and young adult fairies, which are smaller then humans and have wings. Because dressing up and earning clothes is a big part of the game, I wish they had made the characters more cartoon like. The only other concern I have is the way your child is constantly faced with the message that you need a membership to advance, membership to enter, membership to play. So, if you can afford the 5 dollars a month let your child try this game, but they will eventually want a membership. And it's well worth the money. Lots to do! Great puzzle games! Mountains to Climb, oceans to swim...fun!
Parent of a 7, 8, 9, 9, and 11 year old Written byhollyteige August 16, 2010

Good but title is misleading for the under-10 set

Overall this is a pretty innocuous and enjoyable game with lots of opportunity for exploration. It is another step into the MMPOG world that undoubtedly awaits and it seems fairly safe with lots of mechanisms in place for parents to control access to/for children under 13. My only concern is the significant limits on access to features without membership, which as of 8/10 costs $5/month. This is difficult for young children to understand, particularly when it is not mentioned to players until they try to achieve a certain level and are told they can't get the level they've earned until they get the membership...hm, seems a bit high-pressure for a little kid. Tweens might be a bit more savvy when dealing with sites that market themselves as free (as in FREERealm) but for younger children a bit of a chat about the type of marketing being used could help ease the disappointment of limited play over the long-term.
Adult Written byJzW May 31, 2010

OK for older kids - not for tweens

People need to know the filtered chat is easily circumvented by using non character letters, and is frequently done.
Parent of an infant, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18 year old Written bymykidsarebabies April 14, 2015

MY 8 YEAR OLD PLAY ED THIS THE OTHER DAY.

SOME RANDOM LAST ASK ED MY 8 YEAR OLD SON IF HE COULD HAVE SEX WITH HER AND I GOT HIM OFF NO KIDS MAN YOUR WRONG CSM
Kid, 8 years old June 9, 2013

safe children

It's not safe because your children are aloud to free chat and cheat
Teen, 14 years old Written byJaneybell October 7, 2012

Not a bad game

I have played Free Realms for about a year now and it really isn't that bad like all the comments have said. It is a fun game for kids - teens to play where they can travel across a free sandbox world! There are battles you can do but they are not gory and is one of the little things you can do, you can go kart, cook, smelt, mine and other things. Chat wise you cannot give away anything because it is very protective, you cannot say digits, full names or adress and cannot use any language. However there are some problems, if you are a non-member you can only go to level 5 with every job you can do and some quests require membership. However the membership is different to other online games that I have played. There are the normal member ship fees like monthly, 6 months and a year but there is also a choice for life time which means your membership will never run out. You sometimes forget that you are a member. Another problem is there are 2 types of money in this game, coins and SC (Station Cash), most of the cool stuff you get like rides and pets involve using SC which is real money that has to be submitted into the game which really sucks. The last floor is some times the clothes can be a bit small but there are only 3 tops that show the belly and a tiny bit flashy. There are also short shorts. Other wise there is a big variety of clothes to choose from that look amazing. It is a good game that I suggest to kids who want to chat and have fun in!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Expert on Good August 16, 2012

Wonderful game, has improved a lot

When I first played this back in 2010, I hated it because despite being called Free Realms, the game really isn't free. However, they have made many improvements that make the game better. For example, the membership is a thrifty 3.30$, which is incredibly small compared to most game's 10-20$ membership. Although it is not for learning, it is still a wonderful game, and I recommend it.
Kid, 12 years old June 11, 2012

My Review

I played it and I language I didn't like the language. It's Fun, but that's it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTaylor0 May 31, 2012

Free Realms

Free Realms it's a good game, but has some issues. First of all, it has some glitches and may not respond then, shut off. Second of all, The girls clothing is pretty revealing. Some of the clothing shows cleavage, midriff shirts (shows stomach area) and there are short shorts. Third of all, is a language filter, but people do find ways around it.