All member reviews for Gears of War: Judgment

Bloody sci-fi shoot 'em up is laced with profanity.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Educator and Parent Written byyomama123 July 18, 2013

rated e

amazing not violent at all it should be rarted e
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2013

Very good game with some bad attributes

First off very gory body parts will be dismembered easy by a close range shotgun or cutting some one in half with a chainsaw gun, The language isn't too bad. Lots of violence. Very entertaining story that you son or daughter will like.
Parent Written byFRELL89 April 1, 2013

A mild game, if you turn the blood off.

Gears of war has blood, but the great thing is about this game is that you can take away any of the swearing or blood if you're uncomfortable with it. When you turn everything off, it reminds me of halo, which is a very mild game. as you all know common sense blow things out of proportion, so no, you cannot hear the aliens shriek in pain if they die. the grunt, like in every other shooter.
Teen, 16 years old Written byshark bait March 30, 2013

very fun game

it is a great game, it is bloody and there is occasional strong language but there is an option to turn of gore and strong language so kids 10 and up should be able to play this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleakingrye May 5, 2013

Lt.baird arrested for nothing

Really good it's sutible for some teen's but not all I love it. The launge in this os not bad compaird to gears 3. This game has not a lot of launage.
Parent Written bykeith7198 September 19, 2013

Great action, story, & content filter

"Gears: Judgement" is an interesting installment into the "Gears of War" franchise. It features two seperate stories - one brand new and the other a continuation from the "Gear of War 3" storyline. The new story is fantastic with an amazing new look to the graphics. The gameplay is also crisp and fun. Multi-player verses and co-op is back making this a nice package for Gears fans. CONTENT SUMMARY: I've always applauded the "Gears of War" games for offering kids and adults CHOICE. There is a blood and gore filter and a strong language filter which allows for you to tailor the game to your preferences. It has been a work in progress since the first Gears game and this may be the best one. Why more companys don't do this is beyond me. The filter works wonders. Without the filter be warned. There is plenty of strong profanity and the blood and gore is heavy. Body parts fly from grenades and chainsaws and blood flows from the barrages of bullets. It earns its "M" rating. But again, if that's not what you want you can turn it off in the options menu. It's a great feature.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bysupermom111 September 2, 2013

fine

like most common sense users i realized that the initial review given by the common sense admins is usually pretty farfetched and makes all mature games sound much worse than they actually are. So, when I read the review on this game I decided it my motherly duty to inform parents of what they should actually be concerned about in this game, nothing. If your child owns Halo or Skyrim (2 other sci fi first person games) they should be informed that Gears of War Judgement is another great way to avoid having your child kill humans in their favorite game. Gears of War has some language but this problem can be avoided by turning the volume down when your child plays. Also, the only time there was any language was during the story mode, so if your child likes playing multiplayer you shouldn't have to worry about language. Sex and drugs is not an issue in this game making it a great game to add onto my 12 year old son's OK to play list. For other common sense users here are some other games that should be fine for your 12 or older: Skyrim Halo Starwars battle front
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2014

Think Twice Before Letting Little Jimmy Play This One!

I have beaten all GOW games, including Judgement. I think that it is suitable for kids 10+ if you turn swearing and gore off! but that basically takes the whole fun out of it. It is ok for people 15+ with gore and language on. There isn't a lot of language as you may think, but the violence is non-stop. You stick a chainsaw into an alien and watch guts and body parts fly everywhere and on your screen!
Kid, 12 years old January 27, 2015

Changing setting

On this game you are able to go into the setting and turn violence and swearing of. It is then rated a 12. And over.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan December 26, 2014

Great game

Cool game as violent as Battlefield series and Call of duty series and contains cussing words f---,sh-t,as----e,f----r which I usually hear at my high school