All member reviews for Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Paranormal adventure for movie's fans and action lovers.

Parent Written byMatt The Gamer November 8, 2009

Great game if you're not too young.

This game is a must have for any Ghostbusters fan... however I will address the one concern I have for kids and tweens. I think you should be at least 13 to play this because there are some scenes in the game that are just down right scary. I mean... it's not F.E.A.R scary or Deadspace scary but it's scary. For example you go to the hotel Sedgwick and have to get this ghost of a "Spider Witch". She had been a serial killer from the '20s who murdered men she brought up to her room. That kinda freaked me out as I have a fear of spiders... lol. And there is some frightening (if sometimes humorous) dialogue and scenes in that part. Overall... if you're kid is 13 and likes Ghostbusters (and can say "I ain't 'fraid of no ghost" and mean it... it's for him/her.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2009

This Game Is...Fairly Awesome, I Have To Say

Yeah, this game is flipping awesome. The language is a bit iffy, and really the only reason I put "iffy" instead of "on". The violence isn't too excessive, and only two or three sequences can be considered like, terrifying, though none scared me. I will admit to being slightly startled at some parts, but not too many. The controls are a bit hard to get used to (or maybe it's just me), but still, this game rocks my socks off! A+!
Parent of a 17 year old Written bypoopygamefreak July 30, 2009

great 4 a ghostbusters fan!

Online is amazing! game is overall 9.5!
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2009

Sci-fi game perfect for 10 and up!

I love this game! It is my all-time favorite. I've rented it 17 times in a row once. This game ROCKS!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2009

Awesome

It is a must for Ghostbusters fans. It has some good scares like the spider witch but it is really fun no blood at all and minor language.
Kid, 11 years old July 29, 2009

GEAT FOR EVERYONE

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!! THE NINTENDO AND PLASTATION 2 GAMES ARE DIFFRENT FROM THE PLASTATION 3 AND XBOX 360 THE XBOX 360 AND PLASTATION 3 SHOULD BE 8+ THE WII AND ALL OF THE OTHER ONES ARE 2+ IF I WERE YOU I WOULD GO WITH THE XBOX 360 ONE!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old July 10, 2010

Awesome game!

I have the wii version.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2010

Not that much cursing or violent but it is based on a movie. There is killing ghosts but not any other violent's it is easy to play.
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2010

It's pretty good. The last level is so dang hard!!! One level is pretty creepy, but I love the rest of the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byluckysundae May 15, 2010

Awesome game, Depends on Who Plays It

I get easily scared, and scary in this game isn't a concern for me. But the game is kind of jumpy, what with ghosts and some infrequent surprise attacks. And some scenes (involving a woman who was a serial killer who drained her victims of blood) are very eerie and creepy. Anyway, I barely noticed cursing, until it was pointed out. The weapons aren't real, but they're still weapons, so that may raise slight concerns. But that aside, it's a great game with easy controls once you get used to them. And it's pretty fun. Take it from me, a die-hard Ghostbusters fan. <3
Parent of a 17 year old Written bybite July 4, 2010

very good

no language at all violence isnt bad no blood u cant even die u just fall down its perfect ecsept the part were ure in the library u hear noises that scare u like screaming and kids talking
Adult Written byjwahman July 28, 2009

A great game for kids ages 8+! The violence in this game is not going to be a major influence noting that the weapons are sci-fi ghost guns!
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

good game for 9+

this game is great for 3rd grade and up the ghosts might scare younger kids but the controls are pretty easy
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2010

To sum it up, a down right good game!

Love this game, one of the best for the PS3 in my opinion and good for people who want to shoot the heck out of stuff without the extreme gore and violence. The only reason i put 12+ is because there were a few scenes were my siblings had their head buried in the pillow by fright! (Ages 8 and 9) The library scene is the worst but not too bad. I love this game! It is my all-time favorite. This game is a must have for any Ghostbusters fan!
Teen, 17 years old Written byfurby12345 July 19, 2011

THIS IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2010

I do not like this game. thats pretty much it. i stopped playing it after a frusturating boss battle, and either way, i don't like this game period.
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2009

fun

it is sometimes hard to figure out how to play it. but after all that, its a blast~
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2012

Ok for tweens

ok for tweens if your kid can handle 2 or 3 sware words.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2014

The Ghostbusters Theme, back in your head

Kid, 10 years old May 19, 2013

Amazing!!!!

I own the Wii version and its so much fun!!!! I absolutely don't believe in violence but the element where you could destroy anything using the blast stream is the reason I find the game so entertaining!!!! The only bad language (or mean language for that matter) is "knucklehead" which Peter said.