All member reviews for God of War II

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles5501 July 17, 2010

Puzzle

I strongly disagree with the people who think this game is not for kids. I am 12 years old, and i enjoyed it! On the plus sides: This game will really get the greek gods names into your head. It's hard not to remember them. Puzzle gameplay. Even though it's known for its violence, God of War 2 is actually mostly a puzzle game. Down sides: there are very graphic, brutal, and bloody scenes, including Permetheus getting eaten alive by a bird, and a Horsekeepers head getting repeatedly jammed in a doorway by the main character. (You.) There is also a sex minigame, in which you approach to lesbian girls, and immediately start having sex with them both. (Sex is not shown. but you hear moaning, and see a statue of a baby peeing wiggling around as you have sex with the girls. Both women are shown topless.) (Both breasts visible on each girl.)
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2010

13+ = Not a problem.

First of all, please ignore miles5501, thats my old account! Review: Even though this game is excessive blood and gore, thats not all, there are also puzzles to solve, and hidden features. This game would be perfect for 13+ and is not that inappropriate. However, there is a sex minigame, in which you approach two lesbians, an immediately start having sex with them both. (Sex is not shown, but you hear moaning, and see a statue of a little boy peeing into the sauna jiggle around as you have sex, the moaning gets louder and louder. (It is possible to skip this sex minigame, but you will not get as many points as you would have.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudiophile May 24, 2009

Same as the last one with better fighting.

Thats pretty much it.
Kid, 10 years old January 16, 2011

so gory that it should come with a barfbag
Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2010

im a 13 year old and i say Game ON i mean why do parents get so up tight about a video game
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2010

On for 17 year old teens from he rating.

When I was 7 my dad played God of War all the time. It seemed little cool but besides one thing it is violent because Ive seen the main character fight the bad guys with a sword and blood gushes out of the bad guys head. At one point the main character was allowed to buy and drink whiskey.= $50.00
Kid, 12 years old September 16, 2011

Cool

Really cool and epic game. Keeps players on the edge of their seat. Just remember to bring a barf bag along when you play.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIgnis Graecus January 21, 2011

Not exactly what I expected for the sequel, I found this a lot more challenging than the first. I hear a lot of people complaining about the violence, but seriously, its not that bad. People here just have weak stomachs. The only true problem I found was the hot tub, which, thank-fully, neither of my brothers or little sister discovered. Other than that, this game is fine, I would say this would even be good enough for eight year olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHenry Hurwitz April 10, 2010

god of war 2

Very Beautiful, but too violent for most kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylarry6870 June 13, 2009

GREAT SEQUEL

God of War 2 delivers an even better experience than the first game. The storyline is great and so is the gameplay. Violence is once again a great issue as there are even more ways to kill enemies and more moves so therefore any child under 15 should not play this game *cough cough kids below my review* there is also questionable nudity in the game but its optional but younger audiences shouldn't be exposed to this. Anyone that doesn't like this game obviously doesn't know how to play a game like this as it was one of the top games when it came out and when God of War 3 comes out it will easily be the best seller. Oh by the way the replay value is very high as it will push you to your gaming limits on the harder difficulty levels, I was able to beat it on titan mode after a couple of broken controllers. Parents do yourselves a favor and dont buy this for your kids if their under the age of 15
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

i want to play

Haven't played it yet but my sister told my mom you have to do that minigame but my mom says to have my dad do it and this sounds like a M version of age of mythology looking forward to playing this and man up a little -_-
Teen, 13 years old Written byCodfan4life November 27, 2009

Great game just a little bloody

You people are all retards! This game is a fun game that everyone loves. I mean sure its bloody and gory but still. This guy he fights monsters for the good of greece and its optional to kill civilians, he's a good guy just does it in a violent manner. and the sex scene i mean what the... they fuzz everything out so you can't see it. i like it because it teaches you about greek stuff and the controls are easy to use.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynatedogg March 6, 2009

it is stupid

this is the stupidest game ever and there is a scene of farting in it. yeah farting
Teen, 13 years old Written byDid_Cavemen_hav... January 12, 2010

Terrible (18), Not entertaining

I only played the god of war 3 demo once (though i could not find it on this site, i had checked it out with the district 9 blu-ray demo) and absolutely despised it. In the case of the sex minigame (naturally, as a boy of 13, i'd look it up on Youtube), it's at least bringing another person in this world. But it is an extremely gory and bloody game, people decapitate enemies' heads, and blood is an issue in my opinion. I disagree with the parents who are so leniant about the age. For anyone, i don't think it's appropriate. I don't like it much.
Teen, 14 years old Written bylucina April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

awesome

well it does have a little sex but the game is very historical i think the only problem is the violence!
Teen, 17 years old Written bymysticknight487 April 9, 2008

For the mature

If you are a protective parent or a light stomached adult don't play this. This game is fine other wise and is rated correctly at M, so pay attention and don't get it unless you want to see real violence and Romanesque sexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. February 25, 2012

Insanley brutal masterpiece thats not for kids.

Players can perform insanely brutal finishing moves and combos. Also lots of sex and some nudity.

the best

THIS GAME IS SO COOL i got it the first day it came out and it rocked the violence is of the hook the sex not that bad (its not even bad if you cant find it) but overall this game rocks and the grapics are like ps3 grapics and NO doubt its not going to win 2007 game of the year its a must have.