All member reviews for GoldenEye 007

Modern take on older Bond flick, as first-person shooter.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byggbrooks1233 February 22, 2011

perfect for tweens

my son was asking for the Call of duty black ops. i said no way and he went in to a silent treatment and said that some people at his school were making fun of him. We agreed on this game and he loves it perfect game!!!!
Kid, 9 years old January 15, 2011

Good job with the graphics and all its really fun for both genders my 4 year old brother plays it too so why would this be bad I love being Natalya and I can shoot my dad really easy I also know all the best snyping places I love it for all the family! !? ? ? ?
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bySand.1 November 26, 2012

The best FPS of its day.

This was the best FPS when it was released for the N64 and it still holds up today. I let my 9 year old play it, but it may not be for all 9 year-olds. The there is little to no blood, (flashes of barely visible red show when a character is hit) However players quickly learn to shoot for the head for the instant kill. This fact made me a little uneasy about allowing my 9 year-old to play.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byChris01 November 15, 2010

I have my doubts about this being an ON for 13, but then again, I'm not sure that it shouldn't be either.

You know, I really liked this game. It really was cool. The visuals were not bad at all (Though very cartoony, but hey, it's a Wii we're talking about here, no?). The game was really cool except for one or two missions that get a bit too hard (one of them is when Natalya has to deactivate the satellite while you have to protect her. She does that twice with hordes of enemies coming at you, and there are no checkpoints in between. But all in all, I will give it an 8 out of 10. Now, about my Common Sense Rating, that is what I give it, but I would really like to hear what other parents have to say. I guess it could be ON for 8 year olds given the fact that first of all, it looks cartoony, yeah A LOT of shooting, but nothing realistic. And the a$$, and *ell and *amn, well, they here A LOT worse at school from strangers and friends alike. So that to me would not be a big deal. I mean, boys love that kind of action, don't they? Besides I really find nothing too suggestive. For example, when Bond goes to the night club to find some dude, none of the dancers are suggestive, nor do you find drug use nor sex or anything like that. So, I have my doubts that this should be only "13" and up. But like I said, I would love to hear what other parents have to say because I will definetely change my mind with a logical and argument.
Parent of a 3, 9, and 12 year old Written byDa Nerd June 23, 2011

Good! :)

It is really fun to play on WiFi and it is really not that bad of a game. Small amount of blood comes out when you shoot a character close up... Some bad language like "ass" and I am not sure but I think I heard "cun*"
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr November 14, 2010

Very good game, for 11+...

My 13 year old asked for Call of Duty Black Ops for his Wii, but I said "No way!" This was a good replacement, as it is less violent, and has a lot less swearing. I would even let my 11 yer old play this! If she liked videogames that is...
Parent Written byjoe074 June 24, 2012

LEARNING

007 good fun fun

there's a tiny bit of violence, but it is a good game and everyone killed is a enemy militant.a little comic blood. worse language probs. used at kids school.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2012

...

Ive heard way worse then they have said. I one time heard in the night club level someone saying: "after this lets have some MAD sex" and then the man says" WOOHOO!"
Teen, 13 years old Written bynoah123 November 7, 2011

Not that bad

Violence isnt much of a issue, you just shoot enemys and they fall down, no blood. Pretty much good for tweens. In one level, someone gets a gun held to their head, then shot, but its off screen so its not that bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011

N64 remake/reboot

want a remake of the classic N64 game that change FPSs forever then here u go :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 4, 2011

Great Game!

Barely any language. Some small blood spray but only if you are very close or in slo-mo. You can also strangle or knock people unconscious, they thrash around a lot. Unlike most shooter games, it's more of staying undercover than running out and massacreing everyone. If you do that you'll probably get killed. The AI is excellent and challenging and so are the graphics. Very similar mulyiplayer gameplay to Black Ops and controls. Online isn't an issue as all other players can see is your username. Very good game. A bit expensive. Rent, then buy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBaseballLovr February 2, 2011

I don't think it is a bad game there's no serious violence. If you think this is violent or offensive, look up (Call Of Duty(1,2,3,4,5,6,7), Saints Row(1,2,3), Grand Theft Auto(Multiple), Dead Space(1,2)). Then again still not for little kids. They should have an idea of what first-person shooting is.
Adult Written byoobynooby1 December 18, 2010

Always for England!

I rented it for a week and I loved it. I loved the story, but there was a super hard part where you had to protect this girl while she deactivated the satelite. There was no cover and enemies rushed in from all sides. But the online was great. There were levels to rank, achievements to earn, guns and attatchments to unlock and much more. It's very much like Call of Duty from a structural point of view. Oh well. Back to a normal life.
Teen, 14 years old Written byowenator1234 December 8, 2010

Best Wii game of the YEAR!!!(possibly longer)

Awesome game. The only bad part about it is the red "curtain" that covers your screen when you die, and a red ring around your vision when you're hit. My dad and two younger sisters are allowed to play this with minimal problem. When i first got it, i played it for 4 hours straight (got home at about 2 PM), then played Multiplayer for 3 more. If parents only have a problem with the shooting part, then don't get it. If parents have a problem with the gore of COD, then this is the right game. Minor language is included(sh*t, d*mn, a**), but nothing aweful(f*ck, s*x terms). Mention of betting on buying drinks. There is an online mode that has no chat.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxmaster356 December 7, 2010

Bond is back and better then ever.

Love it! Just got it to today, and played the heck out of it. So get this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymetheperson November 27, 2010

Perfect for 10+

Very fun! No blood, only when you die does the screen go red, but not like blood or anything in the actual gameplay. The splitscreen multiplayer is sooooo awesome. The campaign isn't bad at all, I don't know why people are saying bad things about it. Overall a great game, no real issues for little children except for violence, but hey, it's a James Bond game. Hopes this helps.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover45 November 19, 2010

Now first off, I have to say that I hate this game and I love this game. The reason that I hate this game is for the campaign. It's boring, hard and the checkpoints are so far apart. The enviroments are sometimes hard to see and the grenades are so ANNOYING! The parts that I LOVE about the game is the splitscreen that brings back old times aboutthe 64 version. You get all the maps with out unlocking, all characters including oddjob and Jaws and all weapons including oddjob's lethal HAT! It has no problem in framerate and there are so many combinations, i'm am not going into detail. No kids under 10 because of some tiny amounts of blood ( only close up) and some mild swearing and kissing (mild). Get this game for splitscreen and online, not for the campaign. PLEASE!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity November 10, 2010

Enhanced remake/reboot strikes all the right notes; fine for teens

Yeah, it's more of a reimagining than a remake (Daniel Craig is the new Bond, as Pierce Brosnan is gone). And, having played the excellent original, I was quite skeptical of this during Nintendo's E3 announcement. But considering that the UK developer Eurocom, who made the excellent Dead Space: Extraction and James Bond: Nightfire (they do know how to make 'em good), was at the helm of this game, perhaps I wasn't so skeptical about it. But the final product isn't just another Goldeneye. In fact, there are many differences from the original - as mentioned before, Pierce Brosnan is gone, for instance, and the weapons now have their actual names - but the key aspects that made the original so fun remain. The story is pretty well-known by now: Bond must stop a former colleague he thought was killed who is planning to get a weapon known as the Goldeneye. However, it's updated to today, in lieu of 1995. Considering the technical limitations of the Wii, the game is yet another that pushes it to its limits. 480p (HD/component video) output looks quite good for a Wii game, but is not up to the level of some other Wii titles like Monster Hunter Tri and Dead Space: Extraction, much less contemporary FPS games like Modern Warfare 2. Moreover, sound is used very well. With the excellent single-player campaign and the frantic multiplayer, as well as multiple control methods to choose from (even the not-often-used Wii Zapper is given notice, but the Classic Controller Pro is the best), this is the Wii's five-star FPS. It's also okay for teens. Violence is frequent, as with other shooters, but is quite mild. All you see from a bullet impact is a one-second spurt of blood. Headshots, which are usually very graphic in FPS games, are bloodless. Sniping is depicted through a scope view showing silhouettes of your enemies, making that (usually violent) part of FPS games less violent as well. Mild profanities pop up, such as "h*ll", "d*mn" and "*ss". There's only a bit of sexual content in a few scenes, including one with a baddie embracing his female coworker, and some dialogue includes lines like "Watch your hands, boy!" But, overall, Goldeneye is the best FPS on the Wii. If you even have a minor interest in shooters, don't hesitate to pick this up.
Kid, 11 years old November 8, 2010

Good for mature kids

Not inappropriate at all! No blood even!
Kid, 11 years old June 5, 2014

GoldenEye 007

Got this game last week and I finished the campaign last night. It was a great game! Violence is OK. When you shoot a bad guy they just let out a cry of pain and fall to the ground. After a few seconds their corpse disappears. Sometimes when you shoot someone at close range or with a sniper rifle you might see a bit of blood but you only see it for about a second. Blood doesn't stain the walls or anything so don't be worried. When you die, blood comes down the screen but if you've ever seen a James Bond film before you'll know what I'm talking about. (You know, when Bond shoots the camera and blood goes down) Sometimes in the campaign, there will be slow motion bits and it's a bit easier to see blood but it's still not graphic. You can subdue enemies in this game, examples are punching them in the face or covering their mouths so they can't breathe and then you punch them in the face. Language is fine. Just a few uses of 'damn' and 'hell'. In the airport, a random guy in the background says 'Four S.O.B.'s won't know what hit 'em.' S.O.B. means 'son of a b*tch'. Please note that he said 'S.O.B.' and not 'son of a b*tch'. Sexuality is also mild. At the end of the game, Natalya kisses Bond. Alcohol also mild. In the nightclub, Xenia offers Bond some vodka but Bond refuses to drink it because he knows it isn't genuine. Overall great game, I'm sure your kids will love the multiplayer too!