All member reviews for Gran Turismo 5

Extraordinarily fun racing sim is deep but unrealistic.

Teen, 13 years old Written bylsudude December 8, 2010
i love racing games and this is one of my favorites
Adult Written byandrew333 December 28, 2010

awesome game

love it
Adult Written byCheddar_Bob December 23, 2010

A masterpiece

To be honest it was waell well well worth the wait.the 6th game in the franchise if you count prologue which wasn't a game to be honest.Anyway this game is perfectly realistic but for one major flaw the damage system is TERRIBLE.However don't get me wrong this DOES NOT put the wrong message across as it is only a game at the end of day,think about it.Sure the PEGI rating is 3+ but anyone could play this game.the online isn't an issue as you can mute or block the person talking to you. And about the advertising,how are you supposed to make a simulation game without the REAL thing.Makes sense doesnt it.However when you get to the endurance and extreme levels things start to get a bit tricky as when you get to level 40 you have to race the 24hr of Nurburgring Norshliffe don't get me wrong that's a FULL day racing!!! On a final note this us a great game which you surely get hours apon hours of enjoyment
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkeek April 20, 2011

Good Realistic Racing Sim

This game contains nothing to worry about as long as you don't do races online, but as stated by the ESRB, your expiriences may vary. This game is very fun, but challenging at times with a lot of content. Sadly at the beginning, it asks you to download a huge patch that takes up about 3 MB of space and if you don't you will be seeing the loading screen a lot. Definently worth buying and playable for long periods of time.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythe good one January 12, 2011

fine racer.

youd have to be really strict to think this is a bad game.i give it an A ok for 8 and up
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bySokrr December 2, 2010

Age isn't an issue, but skill level might be.

I find parts of this review a but ridiculous. Role models? really? Your player doesn't even have a name! It is as if you are playing as a car, not a person. and the bit about consumerism; of course, it's a car game. And I really doubt this will influence your child to buy a certain car (there are hundreds) and I also doubt that your child could afford to buy a car. The game is kind of hard though.
Adult Written bychristian2011 November 26, 2013

One of the best high-definition racing games around.

Gran Turismo 5 is undoubtedly the best one out to date, because of it's new high definition graphics, realistic design and settings, and the new array of high octane performance vehicles to choose from. Consumerism is one of the biggest concerns, because all the vehicles come from legit brands that are seen around the world. Also, the concept of the cars receiving damage and sustaining car crashes is NOT like how the cars are in real life, because in Gran Turismo 5, cars only receive minor to moderate damage such as scratches and dents, even in cataclysmic situations, and the drivers come out completely unharmed. From the basic knowledge of myself, everyone, even children, should understand that if someone drove a car in REAL LIFE and sustained that much damage and turbulence - they will die from the injuries and explosions inflicted. So, this game may not be a good choice for the younger crowd because they might get the wrong impression displayed by the game play. If they completely understand both fictional and non-fictional concepts, then they should be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byi love reptiles February 12, 2013

these reviews ive seen are just DUMB. the parents complain about no blood or anything but if they even get a bloody nose theyd say,"oh,thats to violent!" think about what you say before you say it because you may complain if you get what you want.
Kid, 11 years old October 4, 2012

There is certainly nothing wrong with this game, and it's a must play for all ages

This game is extrodinary. I'm addicted. Honestly i believe it's for all ages, but I'll say 10+ considering it's a bit difficult. There is consumerism, considering the game is a realistic racing game, and anyone with common sense can figure out that that means it names a ton of manufactures. Also, as you race along the track there's billboards and signs sponsering tire brands, tuning companies, etc. The game teaches outstanding driving skills, if you want to be a legal racer. I know the game desensitizes the realism of wrecks or crashing because when you slam a wall or opponent at 175mph, your car simply bounces back or possibly flips over a few times, and there's a few dings n' dents and you drive away just fine and continue your race. HOWEVER, the fact it tells people you can live through a crash that would surely be fatal, DOESN'T say that people would assume it's true. I sure as heck wouldn't ram my car at 150mph into a solid brick wall, nomadder what the awesomest racing game in excistance tells me.
Adult Written byGDTSP July 5, 2012

Consumerism complaints?

I haven't played it, but I have to comment on this consumerism thing. I can't believe people are getting worked up over billboards with advertising on them inside the game. If you're going to be like that, you may as well not let your children outside.
Parent Written bySir. Don Harvey July 30, 2011

Perfect driving game.

Nothing at all bad.Clean, no speaking, no crash damage, no exlosions, its a perfect driving game for your child and you. But no Music!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycwg98 May 15, 2011

Ok for under 10s, Apreciated more if 10+

Really good but to truly apreciate it (Graphics, Cars) and master gameplay I think you need to be at least 10. And there is the online but if you put Parental Controls on a childs PSN/PS3 then this won't be a problem
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom March 11, 2011

The person below me is obviously a fanboy.

Y'know, I normally do reviews about maturity. But. This game is so awful and unrealistic, we might as well not bother. NEVER buy this game. The car models have been directly ported from Gran Turismo 4, Interiors are either very bad or non existent. Why put 1000 cars in a game, when only about 50 of them look attractive? Don't bother buying it. As for maturity goes. Its a racing sim with no blood or ANYTHING. So don't worry about maturity, just worry about how bad this game is.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2011

The person below me has probably been lobotomized

After being Duke Nukem Forever on wheels, it's finally here! Gran Turismo 5 is an excellent racing simulator with stunning (albeit sometimes inconsistent) graphics. Although the game has some flaws, in my opinion, it provided what I was expecting (and then some!). One thing I loved about the game was it's mind-shattering amount of cars. There's something for everybody in there! If you are serious about racing games, or even dare to call yourself a racing game fan,you need to pick up this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFalconpunch64 January 10, 2011
this is a great game. but when you get later yull have to buy new cars because im pretty sure a 94' civic won't win against a zonda
Teen, 14 years old Written byshimel December 16, 2010

can we play the games for a sample pleace.