All member reviews for Grand Theft Auto V

Teen, 17 years old Written byYogurt September 27, 2013

You've got to be kidding me...

First of all, yes this game is ground-breaking... But seriously people? Do not, for one second, believe the desensitized parents who declare this game is fine for kids who are 12-15. Let's say you have the most mature little hooligan who's just begging to play this because all their friends are an-....It doesn't matter! 12-15 years of age is ALWAYS going to be excessively young to play a game intended for ADULTS. What good things is this game going to teach your kid? To slaughter police officers, torture civilians, lust after the bodies of prostitutes? If you want to warp your children or young teen, this is the number one game to it. Oh, but don't forget! Your kid will be so much cooler to all of his peers if he gets this, which I'm sure all you great dads and moms will find this to be the deciding factor -.-
Teen, 13 years old Written byCatlover42 November 24, 2013

ITS OKAY, STOP OVER REACTING

This game is fine for kids 10 and up. If you know anything about the past GTA titles you know there's shooting and explosions. One of the main characters day drinks once and while and with smoking, the same character tries to smoke but another main character always doesn't let him. As with sex the only sex stuff that happens is in the strip club, but it's optional, there's never a point in the game that requires you to do it. So as long as you trust your kid your fine on sex. language will be your biggest concern, but your kid is in middle school then they hear this every single day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywookie cookie October 22, 2013

GTA V is good for kids 10+

I think its for 10 and up. You don't have to kill people, you can get a normal job, and there is so much activities you can do that don't involve bad stuff. Missions and bad stuff is optinal, i like to just free roam. in free roam I went exploring a reef in a submarine and the view was awesome. then I went out and drove to my job of working in a food place, later i bought a brand new car at a store. see, that's not so bad is it, you don't have to kill people. all of bad stuff is optional, and i would not ever choose to do that.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKimarough101 September 26, 2013

Amazing but Heavy

In all due honestly, this game is one of the best made. A landmark in gaming achievements. But please. PLEASE. Do not let any child play this. Do not let them buy this until they are AT LEAST 16. The sex and violence is not meant for anybody under the age of 17 and the content of being a criminal is heavy and realistic. Don't listen to any of the people saying "It is okay for mature 12 year olds". The game is meant for adults and old teenagers and stick by it. Buy it but not for a child or anyone under the age of 16-17.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhighonquack October 15, 2013

GTA V Age

Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best games of the century, and shouldn't be denied to trustworthy 13 year old game enthusiasts. There is a lot of swearing and violence in this game though. Violence has been seen a lot by 13 year olds, especially in R rated movies, tv shows, and shooter games at their friends' houses. Swearing isn't anywhere close to as bad as the words heard in middle school. Spend one day in a middle school cafeteria and swear words will lose all meaning (I mean it). But, Sex is an important issue in Grand Theft Auto V. There is sex in GTA but it can be skipped, pretty easily too. All you have to do is not enter a strip club or skip a cutscene. I know that parents know what is best for their kids. But, just because someone says there is too much sex doesn't mean that it is that way for everyone who plays the game. As long as you trust your 13 year old he/she should be allowed to buy the game. But please, watch them play the game for a little just to see what is in the game for yourself, and if you feel it is necessary talk to them about some of the content in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynate0590 October 6, 2013

nobody should play this game - a review by a 14 year old

I don't even call this a game. The point of this 'game' is to cause a massive amount of chaos and to steal cars and kill people. One time I was watching a friend play, and he literately went into a hospital and killed everyone. Also, the characters cuss like twice every sentence, You can go to strip clubs, there is lots of drinking, and you kill everything in sight. Not a good game even for grownups. The grand thief auto games have been proven to promote violence in whoever plays it, just so you know.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRunBoyRun November 29, 2013

EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS AVOIDABLE.

Your kid probably wants this game because you have the choice to make decisions which means you can avoid the inappropriate part of the game. Have some trust in your kid(s) and if they show bad signs, then I think you have the right to take them away. As I've said Have some trust in your kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMaster of skyrim September 21, 2013

the truth

Well I think this is going to be a hard review,everyone this is grand theft auto is in the name personally I think this game gets a bad rep but if you let your kid play saints row then this is fine there is a strip club were nudity falls in but its optional to go in and you don't have to so that's a toned down from gta 4 cause you had missions were you would have to I mean give it a chance ok.
Teen, 17 years old Written byovrcookedfunion October 12, 2013

For Kids? Come on!

The Grand Theft Auto games have always been for adults and always will be. Anytime you want you can kill pedestrians, kill police officers, torture both, steal anything, have sex, brake any law there is known to man, and there is no censorship in the game. In fact the game encourages all of the above. The parents who allow there kids to play this should not be allowed kids. Though the game is very fun for a older audience. I admit I probably shouldn't even be playing this.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMovie Nerd September 29, 2013

Don't even think of playing it!!

Horrible! I thought i can stay away from the bad stuff(nudity) but it is excessive and there are missions where you need to actually take pics with the camera provided of people have ***
Kid, 11 years old October 29, 2013

Take It From A Gamer

Ok,first off this game is AMAZING! your kid should be able to play it as long as they stay away from the online part of the game because if somebody has a headset they'll be able to talk to the them and they can say some really messed up things. Ok there are strip clubs and hookers there's nudity, sex which is shown, you see one of the playable characters butt numerous times.one of the characters wife cheats on him and it is mentioned that she used to strip,one the characters 18 year-old daughter usually dresses in a mini skirt and bikini top and is told by a TV host if she has sex with him she'll get on the show(and guess what shes on the show:D)now the violence is what this game revolves around,there's a torture scene, you can kill,stab,shoot or beat anyone you see just walking around the street there are animals in this game which are killable PETA, those crazy animal people tried to boycott this amazing game.but on a serious note if your mad about the strip club and hookers its all avoidable.(execept seeing one of the guy's butts thats in an opening scene to a mission)
Teen, 14 years old Written byirontap October 16, 2013

not for kids

Very crude and violent
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 October 29, 2013

Are you kidding me??!!!

Crime!!! It's illegal. Why would the make a video game that's revolved around crime!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGraestone45 October 24, 2013

GTA V

I'm a 13 year old kid that's been looking at gta for a while now. From I can tell, as long as you trust your kids not to play the innapropriate mini games and skip the profane cutscenes, you should be ok. The main point of the game is that it is a sand box experience, so therefore heavy violence and drinking/drugs can be avoided. What I think looks cool about it is that driving/piloting aspect. My father drives a race car, and I aspire to be a military pilot, and have always enjoyed driving games. I think that the police chases and stuff like that look awesome. The language is a bit bad, but it can be mostly avoided. As long as the kid playing the game knows the difference between right and wrong and doesn't have any anger issues, it will be fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimahawk627 October 14, 2013

Best Video Game of all time!

Be sure that you know your kids first
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Gta 5

My friend has this and I have seen the gameplay yes there is strip clubs and you rob stores and cops chase you and all that crap but all that is avoidable and you have to trust your kid a lot to get this game but I like to think of it as a life game because you can buy houses,cars,planes,boats,etc. and it is an open world sandbox game that is quite enjoyable I say 12+ if you have a strong trust with your kid
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. November 1, 2013

Awesome game. Just don't play campaign.

So much fun to play. ' (so much fun...)
Kid, 12 years old October 14, 2013

Fun! From a 12 year old who plays.

this game is so fun but there is adult content but i know that what they show is just in a game and to not do any of it plus i know about all that stuff i wouldnt recommend this game for anyone under the age of 11 though
Teen, 17 years old Written byRobbieRockin November 1, 2013

What Parents Should Hear

Well this is to parents who are thinking about getting their kids this game, now Grand Theft Auto is a very popular series of gaming and is very enjoyable, and everyone knows that their are kids who play these games. Grand Theft Auto 5 contains Swearing, strong drug and alcohol usage, Hardcore violence, Brief Female and Male Nudity, i believe these games are not targeted towards just adults, i mean, you cant blame your kid for wanting something like this, look at the trailers and gameplay, its marvelous, but Gta 5 takes it over the limit alot and is not for younger children, these series of games have been blamed multiple times for school shootings, and actual mass shootings. Gta also encourages drugs and alcohol, and prostitution, there is nobody to root for in this game, i do not say this game should be played by kids, im saying if you think your child is a mature kid, and knows never to repeat whatever they see on here, if you trust your kid with all your hearts, then i say 14 or older would be a fine age, remember, no age before 14! I say if your child is below 14 and is after 8, then i would get him it but lock it in a safe place he cant acces, then let him only play it when you are right there watching him! Then give a maybe 25 minute time limit, then once its up, take it and lock it up, and then maybe as parent when he goes to bed play it yourself. (This is only if you allow violence in your kids gaming limit.
Teen, 14 years old Written byexanderslander October 27, 2013

If you trust your kid, 14 is ok.

The minimum age is 13, but even that's a stretch. Unless you know your kid is responsible and mature, DO NOT BUY THIS FOR THEM. Even if they're 18. If you think they will start copying what the characters do and say in the game, don't let them get it. I'm not saying they'll start shooting police and innocent civilians, but they might repeat what was said in the game and they could get in trouble for it.