All member reviews for Grand Theft Auto V

Crime, violence, sex, drugs, and alcohol = not for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 16 years old Written byThe game breakdown December 3, 2014

Best GTA yet, also the most mature

I played this game for the first time about six days ago, and so far, this game is extremely enjoyable, especially in first person mode, this is extremely immersive, the voice acting is great, the game is actually lighthearted for what it is and most of the content discussed here is played for laughs. This game has been targeted by conservative parents and is a scapegoat for programs like Fox News, but they always exaggerate the content, so I'm going to say exactly what this game has Violence: Most violent GTA to date, yet not that strong, this game only gets really graphic when you either progress into the story, or get a shotgun, when you get a shotgun, you can see the innards of the person you just shot and in the story, there is some strong gore including brain matter, but some of those deaths are actually played for laughs. Sex: You can go to a strip club and get a private dance, in these, exposed breasts are shown and you get into a mini game where you have to fondle the dancers and not get caught by the bouncer, if you win, you can either go to your house and have sex with her or get a double dance for twice the money, if you fail, you get kicked out and shot (the getting shot part might be a glitch in my version of the game), there is also some graphic non sexual nudity, including genitals, a parody of anime on the tv in Michael's house which contains tons of innuendo, you can get prostitutes to have sex with you in the car, but you are both fully clothed throughout the entire event, even in first person mode and a sex tape mission in which pubic hair is shown, this is the content that I have encountered so far, there is probably more. Language: Every swear word imaginable is thrown at least 10 times. Alcohol and drugs: You can get drunk after taking too much alcohol, you can casually smoke and do drugs, there is a mission where Michael takes a very strong drug and thinks that he is killing aliens with a mini gun, Trevor has a meth lab. Overall amazing game, highly recommended for ages 16+.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymobman173 December 2, 2014

Why do the good games aways have to be so... Bad?

An amazing game destroyed by excessive adult content that brings it from a 10/10 to a 2/10. Why can't people just make great games with great content? Why don't you make what everyone played before the days of next-gen, but a little prettier? Please Rockstar Games, a little less extreme next time.
Adult Written byTypicalGamerGuy3 December 2, 2014

Honest

This game is what made me get a ps3, It has lots of cussing and f words... Violence isn't that bad as there is no decapitations or body parts. There is blood, lots of it and sex? Nude dancers and you can have sex with prostitues, overall:Parents don't be fooled this game is not for anyone under 18.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2014

LEARNING

One of the last games you need your kid discovering!

I was playing this a couple times. Recently, I've simply been exploring stuff, and what really catches my eye is the strip club. The public area of that alone is massively inappropriate. You actually get to throw money at the strippers, which their breasts and usually small panties are pole dancing. If they like you enough, they actually get off the pole and start shaking their butts and stuff at you! Private dances? Yuck! Other than tiny panties, the dancer is COMPLETELY NAKED. As for outside the strip club, you can run over whoever you want, shoot people, and more. There is much swaering, like c**t, f**k, s**t, hell, and many words you don't want your kid to hear. Get yours kids off and don't let them hear about this game.
Parent Written byActualParent December 1, 2014

NOT FOR MINORS ANYTIME ANYWHERE EVER

I was really horrified to see that the average age people recommend letting kids play this is 12. What??!! Then I read a bunch of the reviews, and just by the way they're written, I believe strongly that many of these are not legit reviews. My guess is that they are probably young gamers posting fake parent ratings because they know their mom/dad checks CSM. My kids know I do. It's not like it's difficult to set up a parent profile - CSM's policy is to trust the community, they don't police it. As for this game, you have a choice between being a thief, a gang member or a drug dealer. This game is the definition of glorifying violence. There is no scenario in existence that justifies a child under 18 playing this. You cannot say 'if your kid is mature enough then it's fine' - that is simply false. Kids' brains are not wired to handle this type of game until they are older. Their brains are physically not able to process the full consequences of this type of violence/criminal activity/cruelty. Look it up. I will absolutely not let my 8 or 12 year old kids play this until they are old enough to vote. There are PLENTY of other games they can play.
Adult Written byspxce December 1, 2014

LEARNING

Ok if your kid is normal.

If your kid is normal and sane he can just have this game. People think it's only killing people and getting rewarded for killing cops. But that's completely wrong, It actually punishes you for killing people and cops (Being chased and killed and removing a bit of your money). And It also can be used for a great racing game.
Adult Written byitsbananajoe November 30, 2014

GTA Is Great For Learning

GTA V is a great and fun game that your kids can play with their friends online or Play a great story with 3 different characters. One that's black, one that's retired and one that's a psychopath. These characters who have great personality will teach your kids to except other races, respect their elders and not make fun of retards. Oh what my kids be doing on GTA Online?! When your kids first step into the world of GTA Online they will learn how to shoot a gun, how to make glitches fun and how to touch a women. Oh parents dont worry about giving your kids the sex talk GTA has gotten you covered from bringing a lady home to cheating on your wife and of course the uhhhhhs and ahhhhhhhs. So buy your kids GTA V today!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2014

GTA V

Fun, but lots of crime
Written byAnonymous November 29, 2014

I love this game

OK. I know when someone hears the name Grand Theft Auto everybody turns super intolerant. This is just a game, yes, a crime game but is only for have fun. It's not the real life. You can stay away from the suggestive sexual content and the drugs so it's better to play online. But really this game is awesome!!! You can do whatever you want and is your own decision what you decide to do so if you trust your children there's no reason for concern. I hope you enjoy this masterpiece.
Parent Written byRyan_Johnson November 26, 2014

LEARNING

A game that defines the life of a criminal.

Grand Theft Auto 5 (GTA V) is a game that many people consider to be very violent, gory, and sexually explicit. It depicts the life of three main criminals; Michael, a disorderly father with many life and family issues, throughout the progression of the game you begin to realize that being a criminal takes a toll on your mental state. For michael this means constant bickering, swearing and shouting at his wife and children. Coming from a life of criminal activity, this is the only life that michael knows, he tries to do his best, but his best proves not to be enough. Franklin; Franklin is an 'ex-gangbanger' who is living the 'middle-class life' in downtown los santos. Michael calls him the 'son he never had' because even though all three of the characters are criminals they are still friends, but in a weird way. Trevor; Trevor has to be the most psychotic character in the game, he is a meth user, producer, and distributor. This means that he has very, very mixed emotions about everything, at one moment he could be calm and wouldn't care about anything, and the next he is torturing someone or killing a person. These three characters make up the storyline of the game. The game offers the play many, many options of what they want to do. A player can either play singleplayer or go onto online multiplayer and play with people all over the world. There are many activities to do such as parachuting, driving and customizing cars and airplanes, racing others online, or even buying a home and investing in the stock market. Most of the ways a player makes money in the game includes stealing cars, claim bounties on other players, robbing banks, or stealing from a gas station. This game is ok for a 15y/o and up but here are some things to consider: The game is about shooting at cops, other players, and civilians. There are to many instances of swearing to count. Swear words include F**k, Sh*t, MotherF***ker, C**t, Sl*t, N***a/N***er, Goddammit, and others. There are several instances of sex, and sexual related scenes and references. There is a strip club a player can visit and get a private naked lap-dance, there are hookers that a player can pick up in their car and have sex with (all though no nudity is shown) and a player can take a stripper back to there house and have sex with (all though nothing is actually shown, it is just heard). In the campaign there are a couple of sex situations and scenes, but no nudity is shown. There are also many uses of drugs and alcohol in this game, marijuana is useable in singleplayer and multiplayer, same with alcohol. Both give off effects but neither last too long. All of this being said Grand Theft Auto 5 is a very well done, almost perfectly executed game. If your teen is able to handle the graphic, sexual, and adult situations portrayed in this game, they should be fine.
Educator and Parent Written byjuniorlopezm November 26, 2014

junior lopez musayon

junior ola ver juegos nos ven si feliz de 2014
Parent Written byjdijjfw November 26, 2014

Its Ok For Mature Tweenagers

10+ will really be ok . Its not that bad
Parent Written byJim12345 November 26, 2014

Farther of 3 kids

i have 3 kids , two aged 12 and one aged 13. They were all nagging me about this game for ages , but from what I had seen and heard it was too violent. I finallybelt them have it and it's fine ! It's quite unrealistic and it's really no worse than call of duty. My kids like to do the races and fighting and that's harmless and there's not much gore. If you children are 12 or above let them have it ! P.s I don't let them near the strip club and there is no need for them to go there.
Parent Written byHSPS November 25, 2014

xbox one gen is better

I got this game for my xbox one.I came to a mission where I got a message saying that they had a sexual part in it.I then skipped it.Then I realized every time something rude was about to happen on it I could skip rude parts .Then I turned the audio for the characters down and bad language couldn't be heard.Then I went near the strip club and a message came up saying if you wanted to avoide.Then a scene was about to happen when drugs were in use and the drugs were blurred.The misstreatment to women is knocked of because it will show a message.P.S The multiplayer has no rudeness in it any way so that means no drugs and language.Also there are sports ,jobs,houses,stick up for cops and more on.
Adult Written byChris.Robinson November 24, 2014

Grand theft auto

A few months back. I bought this game for my 14 year old son after seeing him play it a friends house. I never got round to writing a review on it for other parents' concerns, so here it is. For any parents wondering about the sexual content, as that was my first concern above any others, there is a minimal amount in terms of what you can do. There is little sexual content witin the open world of Los Santos. The sexual content in the game is no worse that what you see in age 15 rated films ( UK). The whole puropose of the game is to level up your character, by doing things like races and heists, and you aren't rewarded for doing things like stealing cars or anything negative , in fact your wanted level increases and as a result you are arrested. I can see why the review that common sense media has completely put off parents for buying the game for their son, as they make it out to be a lot worse then the game actually is. Bad language was not a problem for me because once again, it's no worse than what you will hear in an age 15 rated film. As my son's friends had this game, he didn't understand why I wouldn't let him have it, but to be honest I was completely delusional . In my opinion, if your son has played games likecall of duty, then you shouldn't be concerned when buying this game for your son. At the time when my son asked me for this game, I was completely arrogant it was only appropriate for people aged 18+. So what I said to myself was I would buy the game for my son, and asked him to show me what the whole purpose of the game was. I found out that a majority of the game is spent doing races. Getting into the worse aspects of the game, things like heists are the worse things in terms of violence you can do on the game, which one again is no worse then call of duty. Occasionally, I would walk into my sons room whilst he was playing it to see what he was doing, and 80% of the time it was an online race of some kind. And a few parents think you can intentionally have sex with someone, that's not the case at all. There is one mission where there is implied sexual activity, and you can skip it straight away but there is nothing different to what you see on the beach or when you go swimming in terms of what you see. To conclude, if you are skeptical about buying this game for your son, then hopefully this review will guide you to your decision. I stress that this game is perfectly fine for ages 14+ and I will strongly advise that to any parent. Thank you for your time, Sincerely, Chris Robinson.
Parent Written byJohnsmallcool November 22, 2014

The Grand Theft Auto five

I have been wary of this game, as it has a bad stigma surrounding it for being a bad influence and generally not suitable for persons under 18. But I was supprised to find this game is not all it is meant to be. Yes, it has a bit of violence but nothing gory and the drugs and sex are not a predominant feature. When I was a teen, I watched television shows and films with sex and drug-use worse than in this game. Yet no one commented on how people my age would 'grow up to be violent' due to the films I watched as a child. My child is a mature 13 year old and I believe this game to be perfectly suitable. Perhaps the only problem is the excessive swearing but I know my child well enough to know he won't repeat them.
Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2014

GTA5 Review

GTA 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------- GTA 5 is an Incredible cop chasing, racing madness, endless speeds, stunts, online, graphics, buying cars, motorbikes, show motion, funny times, gun shooting and action packed missions. In GTA 5 theirs blood, bullets, kill streaks and explosions. It’s so action packed and awesome. But this is what I don’t like about GTA 5; violence is not good at all so wouldn’t create violence in GTA 5. Characters are not amusing because there are only five characters. Two are girls and three are boy characters. The clothes are I’m not going to tell you too much about them. Bikes- wow they are boring! There are only about two bikes- mountain bike and bmx bike. Pros cons Endness speeds Violence Buying car’s Characters Guns Clothes Graphics Bikes Races Slow mosin Chasing Stunts Moterbikes Cops Online Missions Riting 4.5 ----- 5 age 18 not for kids
Kid, 11 years old November 16, 2014

ITS NOT THAT VIOLENT

Seriously, stop overreacting. It's just a video game, just let your kids play it.
Adult Written byJeansypoo November 15, 2014

Definitely NOT for kids.

I am one of the few people who played the whole game before reviewing. The worst part of the story up front which you CANNOT avoid is your character having sex with a woman you feed drugs to and then brutally curb stomp her boyfriend afterwards. Other than that all the sex is avoidable... If you remember being young you know they are not going to avoid it. This game can corrupt your child's sexual nature and confuse them on when to resort to anger or violence.
Kid, 9 years old November 13, 2014

LEARNING
I have not played this game but by watching videos online I think in my opinion you have understand it is just a game you would not go and shoot someone :0