All member reviews for Grand Theft Auto V

Crime, violence, sex, drugs, and alcohol = not for kids.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent Written bythomask1 October 28, 2014

Open your eyes.

Seriously. I see all the reviews saying : SERIOUSLY? YOU LET KIDS PLAY THIS? Please, just open your eyes. At first, i'll admit, i was skeptical. However, all the sex scenes, strip clubs, treating women like dirt, killing, drugs etc. is completely OPTIONAL! Moreover, it teaches kids about money and its value. They can play sports, enjoy scenic views, drive, fly, do yoga, play golf etc. Please parents, if you trust your kids, let them play this game. The multiplayer is great, and if you seriously don't want to let your kid play this, just let them play multiplayer with friends.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 15 year old Written bymmp October 28, 2014

Good game for mature teens

This game is not appropriate for anyone under 14. On that note only mature 14 and up should play. lots of reviews are saying you can avoid the sexual part of game but are you going to watch your child constantly to make sure the stay away from it?
Teen, 13 years old Written byAblation October 26, 2014

Don't even buy it unless your 17+

Ok first off, don't even get this game. This is one of the most violent games ever. This game takes place in a city. In this game you can do whatever the heck you want. You kill people, you hijack cars, I have heard that you can rape people but I am not positive. The sex in this game is beyond the limit. Their is sex in just about every mission. If you let your kids play for example Assassins Creed, (This still being a violent game) I still would not let them play this game. In Assassins Creed you are not killing people for fun, because you want to rob a bank, you are protecting your country in Assassins Creed. You get punished for killing innocents in Assassins Creed. Now Grand Theft Auto is a whole different story. You can kill pedestrians for fun daily, and you will not get punished unless you are caught by the cops (which you can still kill). I would not purchase this game for any child ever. If you are even slightly considering getting this game for your child I would do a lot more research if I were you. Now I am not saying this game is a bad game. This game is actually a good game, but it is for more mature players. This game is also a sandbox game (meaning you can do whatever the heck you want) making in ten times for violent, since you are free to kill, and invade the city.
Adult Written byfishman112 October 25, 2014

LEARNING

Not as bad as everyone thinks.

As long as you know your child, this game is fine. All of the bad parts of this game are skippable, you don't even have to kill people! I got a good laugh from playing this game, and I think MATURE children will too. Plus, your child will forever be in debt :D
Parent Written byChrisCader October 24, 2014

Gta 5 review

This is not for kids it is for 17 and up. It has some scenes that kids shouldn't watch. 17 year olds are okay. It is a good game, but i don't recommened it for children. Like sex scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNormal kid October 19, 2014

People are over reacting

The game does have some mature content in it not going to lie,but most of it can be avoided. This game is know for being one of the most violent and sexual games of all time but I can be avoided! There is things like prostitution in it BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED. People say that all this stupid small things in the game make it bad but 9/10 of it can be avoided. But most kids will probably only play multiplayer where not of this stuff is relevant. Scared about killing cops just avoid them run away YOU DONT HAVE TO KILL THEM. Drugs it's all optional you don't have to drink beer or smoke. This game gives you the choice and most kids won't do all the bad things in this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhenners1234 October 19, 2014

LEARNING

A masterpiece of a game, and an incredible living open world experience!!!

I got this game when I was 14 for christmas last year and I can honestly say that it is the best game I have ever had. The review totally over eggs the negative aspects of the game by saying it is not suitable for kids loads of people I know have the game and their all 13 and 14.
Parent Written byGaming dad October 16, 2014

LEARNING

The seedy side of...well, everything

An amazing game for graphics, gameplay, humour and action but the game takes a definite lurch to the wild and darkside when we meet Trevor. His murderous, self-righteous rampages are truly psychotic and really, really shocking. Bought it for my son, 12, but said I would check it for content.Let's just say it's daddy's game now and will remain so for at least another 3 years.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAvengingSon98 October 15, 2014

Teen, 13 years old Written byallas14 October 14, 2014

Iffy for 13

Fine if your child is mature
Adult Written byOmgitzsniperbunny October 7, 2014

Iffy

I let my little brother play he's 12. He understands most of the content in the game. Try to stay away from the campaign if you're letting someone younger play because of the content of the campaign. Overall a good game where you can basically do what you want; basically make your own action movie without the campaign. Make sure your kids know that the stuff in this game is bad and to never do this in real life. Also turn off the volume if your kid doesn't know swears. Happy playing!
Adult Written byIvanTLHammer October 6, 2014

LEARNING

A great game that kids should NOT play

Grand Theft Auto V is one of the best video games ever made. Definitely worth the money... if you are over 16. This is a game that is NOT suitable for children... at all. From the violence, to the story, to the characters, to the themes, etc... this is a game for adults. There is one positive message in the game, and that is about family and how living in a life of crime when you are a family man can screw things up big time. Keep in mind though that despite that, this game is not meant to be taken seriously in a lot of cases. The story and setting is pretty much a parody of modern America and the humor throughout the game is hilarious. I laughed really hard in more than one occasion while playing this game. The violence is also pretty ridiculous and some of it is straight out of a Rambo movie so the game isn't super dark and gritty but still, not for kids 16 and under.
Parent Written byjaspercat52 October 4, 2014

LEARNING

Great for teaching kids what NOT to do!

I just bought this game for my 12 year old son. Usually I just ignore the people at the store when they warn me about ratings, but this time they seemed quite adamant that this game was THE WORST, which worried me. I bought it anyway because my son's always been a good sweet kid and we have a safe good happy house and I've always let him play whatever video games and he's still the same. In fact, he's the kind of kid that saves bugs, snails, and baby chickens from near death situations in real life, and that's after many years of playing games like Halo, Black Ops, and all the other versions of GTA since he was 4 years old. I decided to sit and watch the game for a while when we got home today just in case though. He was so excited to get this game and so I rushed in the house and sat in front of the tv and he sits down and starts playing...Halo....I'm like - what the heck?? What about your new game? He told me he wanted to wait until I wasn't watching because it might offend me! So then I told him I was worried about the game, and he gave me this concerned nod, like - yah lady, you should be. And then I started reading about it on the internet and seeing all the good, bad, and ugly things about it. The worst thing I read was about the sexual content, so then I talked to my son about that. I told him I didn't care if he saw naked people. Naked is natural. I was really upset about the idea of him seeing women being exploited and treated or portrayed in any other bad way. That was a pretty easy conversation because we've talk about that sort of thing on numerous occasions before. I guess that one really bugged me tho because of all the things in the game that are so obviously "bad," exploiting women and the negative way women are portrayed in media is something that is so often seen as normal and ok. I felt like I really needed to emphasize how bad that really is. BUT - great thing happened from that conversation...my son now knows that exploiting women is on par with robbing banks and killing people. Thanks Grand Theft Auto! I finally sat down and watched the game at length. It was actually way less bad than what I was reading. The worst thing that happened is that I got a headache from watching him run into so many telephone poles. All the other content is stuff we've talked about a million times, that I hope other parents talk to their kids about, and very clearly stuff that no one should do in real life. I would recommend profusely, however, that for this game or any kind of media that isn't made for children, just to make sure that kids aren't in any kind of situation where they are being subjected to this kind of stuff against their will. I wouldn't have this on in your living room where your kid wants to hang out with family, but they have to tolerate someone else playing this game to do that. Kids should be able to turn this game off or go away from parts of the game that bother them in any way at any time.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2014

Not that bad

Its not that bad really. The swaering is actually less than at my school and at my school we had health class when we were 10 years old, so about 5th grade.
Kid, 8 years old September 30, 2014

Good...... If your a mature 9 year old

I don't think this is appropriate for kindergardeners. Older children like me can play it. My mom lets me play it. There's no cursing and only one or two vilolences. Pretends enjoy. Also no gay people, since it makes fun of them. Otherwise pretty decent role models for boys
Teen, 14 years old Written bymuaz mahmood September 30, 2014

LEARNING

Muaz age rating review for Pakistan

I am a 14 year old boy.I think that gta 5 is the worst game I had heard about.Rockstar game needs to vanish some elements from game which are violence,drugs,bad language and sexuality.If rockstar games remove this stuff from their game, then they gonna be popular.I will request all of you that don't try this game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFootballluva33 September 24, 2014

Don't worry parents.

Most people will tell you it a game about drugs and violence. The truth is, if your kid is in middle school, he probably gets exposed to worse every day. (The same goes for High School.) I said that it is also a decent learning game due to the fact that it shows the struggles of Los Santos California. If your kid plays Just Cause 2, Batman Arkham series, or anything along those lines, they are mature enough to play it. The secret to not having your child be exposed to anything bad is to not go to any strip clubs. (Why would they want to anyway???) If your child is a good kid, then it's extremely likely that they won't. The average 12 to 13 year old can handle this game. I know that you are worried, but all I can say is to just let them get it. If they can't handle it, they can turn it off. Most people think that if you even walk through the streets, people will cuss, do drugs, etc. The truth is, that doesn't happen. Your kid by now probably already knows what's in the game. Just have them play as a decent person in the game. (This does NOT include Trevor.) Thanks for reading, be safe, and let them buy it.
Adult Written byluker1 September 22, 2014

great game

Its hardly bloody at all and its a sand box game and my mom and a lot of others at first think theres strip clubs in the camp but theres not
Teen, 15 years old Written byreddeadAce September 19, 2014

this isnt right

I play this game everyday. But i dont recommend this game to anyone under 17 simply because the message it sends. Franklin is the only decent character. And still he is just as bad as michael and trevor. Michael and Trevor hate humanity and franklin just wants money so he joins the autrocity. I play for the cars and driving. Most play for the strip clubs, violence, and even i play for the strategic online mode. But i am mature enough to realize the line between real and fake; right and wrong. And maturity is the bottom line, if you can decipher and ignore this hanus message the game insinuates than play away.
Adult Written bymneilan September 19, 2014

a really good game

this is a really good game that has a great story but it is not for anyone under 17-18 as there is nudity in it and there is a lot of swearing in it and violence but overall a great game offline and online