All member reviews for Grand Theft Auto V

Crime, violence, sex, drugs, and alcohol = not for kids.

Learning

Teen, 13 years old Written byAblation October 26, 2014

Don't even buy it unless your 17+

Ok first off, don't even get this game. This is one of the most violent games ever. This game takes place in a city. In this game you can do whatever the heck you want. You kill people, you hijack cars, I have heard that you can rape people but I am not positive. The sex in this game is beyond the limit. Their is sex in just about every mission. If you let your kids play for example Assassins Creed, (This still being a violent game) I still would not let them play this game. In Assassins Creed you are not killing people for fun, because you want to rob a bank, you are protecting your country in Assassins Creed. You get punished for killing innocents in Assassins Creed. Now Grand Theft Auto is a whole different story. You can kill pedestrians for fun daily, and you will not get punished unless you are caught by the cops (which you can still kill). I would not purchase this game for any child ever. If you are even slightly considering getting this game for your child I would do a lot more research if I were you. Now I am not saying this game is a bad game. This game is actually a good game, but it is for more mature players. This game is also a sandbox game (meaning you can do whatever the heck you want) making in ten times for violent, since you are free to kill, and invade the city.
Teen, 17 years old Written byNormal kid October 19, 2014

People are over reacting

The game does have some mature content in it not going to lie,but most of it can be avoided. This game is know for being one of the most violent and sexual games of all time but I can be avoided! There is things like prostitution in it BUT IT IS NOT REQUIRED. People say that all this stupid small things in the game make it bad but 9/10 of it can be avoided. But most kids will probably only play multiplayer where not of this stuff is relevant. Scared about killing cops just avoid them run away YOU DONT HAVE TO KILL THEM. Drugs it's all optional you don't have to drink beer or smoke. This game gives you the choice and most kids won't do all the bad things in this game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheyKilledKenny August 15, 2014

Definetly not for 12-13 yr olds, 16+

I see many parents rating this game with low child ratings. Well, maybe you should actually play the game. First the game has no morals, shooting random innocents is actually not discouraged. It follows with a fun police chase. Cursing and middle fingers are seen and heard. The game has a lot of sexual content, including a strip club where strippers will strip and prostitutes that players can have sex with in the car.(Not really clear visuals, silhouettes sorta, but sounds are heard such as *** in my mouth.) You may trust your child not to go and do those things but trust me if they are a teenager they will do it anyway. With hormones bouncing around, there is no stopping them. Skyrim and Assassins creed are more appropriate m rated games and roleplaying. You parents saying ok for 10 and up should be ashamed, even us kids know it should be rated higher than 13. Smh.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byJasonThomson1967 August 5, 2014

Campaign - 15 Years Old --- Online - 12 Years Old

This games multilayer - separately developed and titled Grand Theft Auto Online is appropriate for Children over the age of 12 - Beyond the Introductory mission (which can be played and understood with the volume muted and subtitles off) the game has absolutely no necessary bad content here are some bullet points on what you can do in the Online multiplayer. 1. Earn Money By completing Races 2. Buy Cars and Customise them to be your very own (and remember to buy insurance so they aren't lost when your friends set them in fire!) 3. Buy a garage to store custom vehicles 4. Build your own character 5. Free roam with other players, showing off, or racing them in your car 6. you can Fly Jets, Helicopters, Ride Friends cars, Boats, Jet skis, Motorbikes, Bicycles and Tanks 5. invest in the stock markets 6. Buy a apartment so your friends can come round and watch TV and see the view. 7. Visit barbers and clothes shops and buy your character new looks. 8. Play tennis and golf with friends The game makes you create your own character, which means they you have no voice, so therefore there is no bad language. Investing in stocks, earning and spending money and purchasing and dealing with insurance claims teaches children how to handle money and possessions in future life. The game is Free-Roam meaning no mission is compulsory and you do not have to play them And really? Is there anything wrong with Customising cars, blowing things up, flying boings, meeting up with friends, racing and exploring the huge map? - No This game is Masterpiece and Trust me the multiplayer is great for almost any age - this games 18 rating has come from its campaign - which is avoidable and, if you check the progression wheel in settings you can see if you child has been playing it. If you are worried about younger siblings hearing infrequent bad language in the singleplayer free-roam. Purchase your child a headset meaning that the audio comes through headphones and not out load on speakers - and besides who wants the hear the sound of explosions and car engines all day Long :)
Teen, 15 years old Written bySchizophrenicHyena June 25, 2014

An Average Teen's POV - Grand Theft Auto V

Though I may be a 15 year old, meaning I'm one of the kiddos making "excuses", I am here to make a point. Keep in mind that I am a fair person, I won't make this review one-sided. Grand Theft Auto is rated M for good reasons. There're strip clubs, there's alcohol, and there's more than one way to get stoned in Los Santos. However, this is no different than the real world that we live in. When your kid grows to the age of around 14, they're well aware of these things in life. These things in the game are very real, and they always will be in our country. No matter how good your town is, there's no escaping vulgarity. Let's start with violence. In Los Santos, even if you simply stare at someone, you might as well be challenging them to a Yu-Gi-Oh match after you insulted their Blue-Eyes-White-Dragon. They will try to break your jaw, and the cops will pop you in the head and arrest you. Now, here's a fact. In Los Santos, you need to survive. With corrupt cops chasing you and pedestrians trying to rip you out of your car randomly, you need to know how to defend yourself. If someone comes around and starts shooting at you, I guarantee that not even parents who are playing will just stand there. The blood levels are not extreme. In fact, compared to other games, they are at a very low level. When it comes to sexual content, there's always a way to get out of it. You are never FORCED to go into a strip club. You can decide not to go in even if there is a mission. There are prostitutes on street corners, but the only way to pick them up is deliberately. Swearing is a thing of life, as we all know. People are swearing in the most popular songs, people are swearing while in cars after being cut off, people are swearing around town, people are swearing in school, people are swearing EVERYWHERE. When drugs, drinking, and smoking come into play, that is all a choice as well. There's only one mission where you get high, where you play as Trevor. Which was made more for the humor. Everybody was a clown and when you shot them you saw a nuclear explosion cloud that was colored purple. The game itself is beautiful. The animation and style of the landscape is absolutely top, and I would never want to fly around in a military jet anywhere else. Anyhow, I personally think that you could give this to your 13-14 year old as long as you knew that they are mature enough to handle it and won't go around getting Michael drunk and blowing crap up for no reason. Oh, and another reason why this game is great, you can get a DLC called "I'm Not a Hipster" in which you get scarves. FREAKING SCARVES, PEOPLE.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywashington6944 December 24, 2013

GTA V review

Grand Theft Auto is supposed to be one of the most inappropriate games ever. is it really? well it depends. The game isn't actually incredibly violent, but it is still quite violent, as you can basically do anything to anyone. The language content is very high, as swears and sexual terms are mentioned quite a bit. The sex is also a big concern, as there are strip clubs and I believe there is also a town filled with naked people. This game is definetley not appropriate for 15 or under. There is also online play. There is some educational value though. You can learn a lot about business by investing stocks and things like that. However, the educational value is hidden by all of the swearing, violence, and sex. The game is very fun though. This game is pause for 16.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYour friend November 12, 2013

Don't have to do the bad stuff

Well, u can avoid bad places, don't have to have sex or go to strip clubs, or do anything. U can just be someone who plays golf,tennis, manages stocks, drives around. U can get many hours in without ever doing anything bad. It is also an AMAZING game. Truth is, ur child probably already knows about much of this stuff. They learn swear words,and things about sex at school. And they have probably seen mass shootings on the news and stuff too.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymad gamer November 9, 2013

a classic for years to come

more realistic violence less violence than older GTAs free roam is amazing customizing weapons
Adult Written by3aboodTube November 22, 2015

Bad game!!!

That is very bad game :( not for kids Mybe for 12 years old for just play around no bad stuff
Parent Written byHUGOMANHD September 30, 2015

Ok For Mature Kids... If Not Probably 12+ And Older Should PLay

My toddler Loves to PLay this game for some reason he says tip club i dont know why?
Kid, 10 years old April 20, 2015

NOT GOOD FOR ANYONE!!! By a gamer 10 year old.

This game is terrible for everyone! Don't think I don't think it's awesome! It could be the best game of today! But it's not appropriate for anyone 17 and under. No accept ions. Oh all my friends have it and it's so good an- IT DOESN'T MATTER! Here are some reasons. You do sex. You kill cops. You torture civilians. The words F*ck A*s Sh*t Sl*t, and many more can be heard.Sure sure sex and killing is optional. Don't buy that noise! To play story mode you MUST kill. It is optional to have sex but you can't trust anyone 17+ with this. Sure your 12 year old is mature. Who cares? If you want a fun game with great view, a big town, and cars go buy Forza Horizon 2. Don't get this game for kids. Please! And don't even get me started on the online mode...
Adult Written byshooty1 April 6, 2015

It is NOT for kids.. Whats wrong with parents out there???????

I bought this game for my husband and myself. Weve been playing these games for years.. I started when i was 25.. And i dont believe that its safe for kids 17 under. It revolves around drugs, alcohol, sex... Lots of it and violence... LOTS OF VIOLENCE. you can buy prostitutes.. Go into strip clubs and get lap dances. Theres a mansion in vinewood.. A city in the game where there are naked women... Butt naked.. I mean tits and ass showing.. Everything! You can walk around in a gimp suit. Its just VERY innapropriate for kids. I could andwould NEVER buy this game for ANY child.
Adult Written byFireFire April 1, 2015

Grand Theft Auto V/5

I'll start with language - Discusting there is 10 uses of N***a in 10 mins into the game, f**k , c**t, c**k, p**sy and lots more profanity. Sex: there is times in the strip club where the boobs are visible and butts aren't hard to see, You can also see Michael humping his wife in the butt. Full of innuendo. Its's easy to play and great graphics, you can see Michael smoking throughout and you will see drugs at all times. If your mature then play this game, but beware parents if you don't trust your children. The suggestive themes are outrageous. They collaborate from hiests, and teach kids to be nice! But still altogether its a 14+. You do learn.
Adult Written byfootedfaun March 17, 2015

a 11 year olds perspective of gta

When I first played it I was amazed. But when my friends told me reviews about it they said "do not play campaign" and I listened. First of all the campaign has swearing and violence. But the online can be totally skipped and the violence strip clubs and swearing is totally avoidable. But as long as your kid knows what's not to do and do you are ready to play online PS: tell them no campain .
Teen, 14 years old Written byNathaniel7300 February 28, 2015

cool

not violent
Adult Written byryanstephenson February 11, 2015

GTA 5 is not for kids under 14

This is one of the best games ever made... But it still has some issues. 1. The language: the language is awful! That is probably the worst thing about this in the game! (Words like c**t, s**t, f**k, a**hole, b****h, n****r, d**k and much much more). 2. The sex/nudity: the "nudity" in this game is just terrible, but not as bad as the searing and violence. You can see the women/s breasts. 3. The violence: the violence is bad too, like the blood. The graphics are realistic so then the violence is pretty awful.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTHEHALOMASTER117 February 6, 2015
LEARNING

Great very open game...lots of iffy content.

GTA 5 is a great game if you enjoy open world games...but it got lots of iffy stuff like: language if you have your TV volume really loud you WILL hear f**k-f**k-motherf**ker-a**hole-f**er-and so much more. violence: you can kill whoever you want however you want in this game...nuff said. sex: you can have sex with h00kers and go to strip club but its entirely optional there is nudity in the story but not online. overall this game is good for MATURE 15-16 yr olds who now reality from fiction.
Parent Written bykrall February 4, 2015

Very good game

This game is very educational and is very fun
Parent Written bycarrieb3 February 3, 2015

DO NOT GET GTA 5

Gta 5 is horrible for every one. You film people having sex. There is 26 sex parts. There is so much blood it looks like some one painted the wall. There is swear in every sentence. DO NOT GET THE GAME.
Parent Written byAntoni Achbar January 27, 2015
LEARNING

Grand theft Auto 5 Review from an ex-special needs teacher and parent of 13 year old

GTA5. Where to start? The campaign is the only parts with sex, the main issue and it does have crude references, nudity (which I don't see as a problem) and prostitutes. But by 10, children know all this stuff, who hasn't seen their mom naked at least once? And the language, by high school everyone swears. Children who feel bad about it swear because they know they won't fit in without swearing. Sure it's a problem, but it's happening anyway, what is the point in sheltering a child from the inevitable? The violence though... it is a very violent game BUT, statistics show that violent games or fast paced games are more likely to increase their thinking time and make them less violent because they are basically venting. Search probabilistic inference and you'll understand in better detail. What I did is let my child play GTA 4 first and watched his behaviour. Not affected by much and then I bought him GTA 5 and told him he can only play online wit me present. Then online by himself, then the whole game and I noticed he had actually started being happier, possibly partly because his friends played it so he was having more fun playing socially than alone. There are slight privacy concerns about speaking to strangers online but that can be changed. I would also like to point out that I learned a lot about economy and sales and marketing, it's a risk, but if you have a mature child eleven or over (the sort who gets a mature joke but doesn't repeat or on same base) it's a a good risk worth taking