Crime, violence, sex, drugs, and alcohol = not for kids.

Adult Written bymanseriouslyl December 27, 2015

Best game ever

So fun to play I am addicted to it
Adult Written bybrucen1 January 4, 2015

AWESOMENESS

gta 5 is super fun but can be violent. There is a alternate ending thing so 1 of the endings is not violent and the others are. There is this option in graphics or display wich tones down the blood and swearing is mainly in the cutscenes wich can be skipped.
Adult Written byTheTrillonaire July 26, 2014

Good for Teens Bad for Kids

Teen, 14 years old Written byNuggetboo July 19, 2014

Great graphics but not good moral

I think this game has great graphics, but for people who are under at least 14 years old, this game is not right for them. GTA V has a LOT of violence, allowing the player to kill and torture random pedestrians and policemen, rob banks and pillage and houses and buildings. Yes, you are able to avoid the sex, but the profanity and violence is unavoidable. Also, you can dress your character however, enabling anyone to make their character inappropriately dressed. I say it is okay for people at least 15 or older to play, but any younger probably shouldn't. I've seen 10 year olds and younger play this, and they are no less violent than a 14 year old playing it. And the kid curses and is sometimes violent with others. Just think before you buy this game for your kid, please.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhydroliixx July 17, 2014

NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE THINK!!!!!!!!!!! OK FOR KIDS!!!!!!!!!!11

Ok now this game is not as bad as people think. Serously, do you think yor kid is going to go out on a rampage just because of a video game. Do you think your kid is going to go out and say bad words because of a game? Well i got the answer right here. NO!!!!!!!!!! This game is GREAT for kid 11 and up because at that age you should know from right or wrong and know that shooting cops is not the right thing to do. This game is beautiful. The scenery. The cars. Everything is beautiful. Now as for the sex, you can avoid the strip club. Now the violence, yes there is a torture scene that you cant skip on the story, but you can just skip the entire story. There's yoga, golf, tennis, scuba diving. Its an open world.The biggest problem is the swearing. There is c*** D*** P**** and that dang N-word and more. But you can put it on mute or have your child wear a headset. I would even let an 8-year old play it with restrictions and supervision, but 11 and up should be able to handle it on theyre own. Parents need to stop worrying about violence in video games because it really dosent have any affect on your children. I am an honor student and i play this game when im not studying or doing homework. Like seriously. Stop thinking that your children are gonna become killers just because of a video game. Yes its targeted for an adult audience because of the rating M-17 but it is fine for 11 year olds and older
Parent of a 11 year old Written byDeborah Flintchester December 23, 2013

Not as Bad as you Think

It's not that bad, you can stay away from all of the bad things but the swearing is no worse than at school. It's not bad for teens if they have a grip on reality and know that it is not real life.
Parent Written byethanh October 19, 2015

Grand theft auto Vulgar

That's what the v stands for! Parents, do not buy this game for your kid regardless of their age. I only put 18 and up because there's no other button
Adult Written bypeep87 July 18, 2015

It is a good game but has its ups and downs

I play the game my self and it is a good sandbox game to play so before you make assumptions its a "Sand Box" game(Free Roam). I have played the game for 1 and a half years. I usually play online where the content is much safer for kids because the use of alcohol needs to be bought and if they want to use it, smoking is only with an apartment and myself, I don't stay inside for long because I go and meet new players or I sometimes like to just drive around in cars that I own in a good way(not running people over) half of the time that you are playing online you are in no danger zone or killing spree but it is less then a C.O.D game if you trust them to not drink because there is a mode that allows players to not use any type of weapon and not get shot in the way. The reason I have said that it is fair for learning is because you learn the reflexes of when an enemy pops up or driving and making quick decisions.
Educator and Parent Written bykevins5 May 8, 2015

The best game ever made

Hey gta fans GTA 5 is one of the best video game ever seen in the gaming industry.
Adult Written byz_Firefly_z March 21, 2015

Good

All the "bad" stuff is optional, you don't have to do it.
Parent Written bykrall February 4, 2015

Very good game

This game is very educational and is very fun
Parent Written byAntoni Achbar January 27, 2015

Grand theft Auto 5 Review from an ex-special needs teacher and parent of 13 year old

GTA5. Where to start? The campaign is the only parts with sex, the main issue and it does have crude references, nudity (which I don't see as a problem) and prostitutes. But by 10, children know all this stuff, who hasn't seen their mom naked at least once? And the language, by high school everyone swears. Children who feel bad about it swear because they know they won't fit in without swearing. Sure it's a problem, but it's happening anyway, what is the point in sheltering a child from the inevitable? The violence though... it is a very violent game BUT, statistics show that violent games or fast paced games are more likely to increase their thinking time and make them less violent because they are basically venting. Search probabilistic inference and you'll understand in better detail. What I did is let my child play GTA 4 first and watched his behaviour. Not affected by much and then I bought him GTA 5 and told him he can only play online wit me present. Then online by himself, then the whole game and I noticed he had actually started being happier, possibly partly because his friends played it so he was having more fun playing socially than alone. There are slight privacy concerns about speaking to strangers online but that can be changed. I would also like to point out that I learned a lot about economy and sales and marketing, it's a risk, but if you have a mature child eleven or over (the sort who gets a mature joke but doesn't repeat or on same base) it's a a good risk worth taking
Parent Written bynoahg1 January 14, 2015

This game isn't that bad.

Now I am sure, if you are reading this, it is because your child keeps begging for this game and is complaining because "there friends have it" and "it's not that bad" and they say "why are you so mean!". Now this game, while it may be M and is rated M for good reasons, it really isn't that bad. In this game there is a strip club and prostitutes and sexual themes, jokes, and reffrences hidden inside the conversations between the characters, it can be avoided and isn't that bad. The strip club is probably the main reason I put this review on "iffy" but don't worry, this club can be completely avoided through out the game. If you play through the whole campaign there are 1 or 2 missions where you have to go to it. But when you go there, you don't have to do anything sexual, you just have to walk into the back to meet with the other characters to plan your next "heist" The nudity is that you can have a stripper give you a lap dance, and she is topless. But this is never required in the game, so if you trust your child, it shouldn't be to much of a problem. The prostitutes are also, completely optional and again, shouldn't be too much of a problem. The violence in this game is extreme but if your child plays Call of Duty or any other shooter, it shouldn't be much of a diffrence. The only thing that is a little disturbing is that you don't actually kill bad guys, because you are the bad guy. You gun down civilians and cops. You can run people over, light them on fire, blow them up, mug them, stab them, shoot them, and really anyway you can think of killing, you can do it. There are lots of drugs in this game, there are missions where you have to pick of the drugs and deliver them and it often turns into a gang fight. The swearing is over the top, constant use of every word you can think of, including the N word and F word. Even though this may seem extreme and you probably don't understand, after all those reasons, understand why I would get this for a 13 year old, is because when I watch my thirteen year old play, he isn't constantly murdering people or doing things I don't approve of, he is driving around and customizing cars, doing stunts, parachuting, flying jets, and just having a good time. The only thing that is a little dissapointing is that the only way to make money is to do "missions" or "odd jobs", drug deals, heists, stealing, assasinating, but nothing to extreme. So I think this game would be okay for a mature 13 year old, no younger.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjjh99 December 27, 2014

Do not listen to parents saying GTA is suitable for tweens.

Some parents are probably saying this because their perfect, totally not full of bulls*** little ray of sunshine is saying all his friends play GTA so "it's not too bad", and "mom pleaseeeee there's only a bit of swearing and blood - it's really not bad at all. Promise." It is. I'm not saying it's not entertaining, but it's certainly not suitable for 12 and 13 year olds... If your 15 year old is mature and informed enough to understand the underlying social commentary, appreciate the humour and grasp context, and appreciate when rockstar are condemning what a character is doing - then by all means let him play GTA. (Don't get me wrong, there is still a lot of mindless violence.) But if your ickle precious overindulged pumpkin just wants to play it so he can murder and murder, because that makes him such a fuc**** big boy - do not let him. Kids are impressionable. It's a fact. Now comes the "but we trust him not to go in the bad places," bs ... you think for one second he won't? This is a t(w)eenage boy we're talking about ffs... Don't allow your little cartman to manipulate you, and for once actually deny him of something (shock horror!). If he so desperately wants to play GTA, get him GTA Vice City. It's still violent, crude and sexual - but to nowhere near the degree that GTA V is, and I think a 13 year old could handle it. Anyway, rant aside about stupid parents - GTA V is a brilliant game, certainly the best open world game currently available - it's is funny, thrilling and action packed. If you're over 16, I couldn't recommend it more!
Adult Written byklovez December 22, 2014

not for kids
Educator and Parent Written byjuniorlopezm November 26, 2014

junior lopez musayon

junior ola ver juegos nos ven si feliz de 2014
Parent Written byKevinturner657 November 1, 2014

Content isn't wonderful, but still is ok for 13 and above

My son always asked my about gta 5, but I wasn't sure if I wanted the content that came with the game. It turns out, all he wanted to do was play with his friends in the online mode, where most bad content is not found. Most poor content in the game is found in the campaign mode, which is incredibly avoidable. The game is a lot of fun and i suggest you allow your child to play it, just be cautious of the campaign.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byslartibartfast September 12, 2014

gta crazy

epic game good for kids to learn about the harshness of life
Parent of a 14 year old Written byparent101z February 24, 2014

Why I chose to let my son purchase the game.

Hello I am a mother of one boy and one girl. My son is currently 14 and just entered high school. Much like other parents I was not sure what to tell my son when he asked for the game. After doing some quick research I learned that there were some mature things about this game. At first I told my son "NO!" I later learned that I could limit the games he was able to play so I let him get the game but decided to turn off the mature games so it would limit the swearing and sexual content. I have watched him play it and the only thing I have come across is swearing and destroyed a lab to make meth. At no point in the game are you forced to drink, smoke or go into a strip club. He now plays with his friends online and I occasionally watch him to ensure that he is making the right deceptions. Before I got him the game I sat down with him to talk about how things in this game are wrong and he understood. I would say if your son/daughter is 14 and you can trust them to make the right decisions you should get the game for them. Most parent think its all about killing random civilians, it is not. If you kill a random civilian you get a hefty fine and are thrown in jail.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheGamer31 November 16, 2013

Don't buy for kids.

I'm just going to say this now to the parents... this game is absolutely not for kids (reason why it is rated M), so don't buy your kid the game, then blame the company for the game being violent, that is your fault.