All member reviews for Guild Wars: Factions

Fun, fee-free role-playing game for teens and up.

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2009

If everything is coming your way your on the wrong track

If you have something wrong which is your problem don't give it to other people to sort out it's family buisness .And if it's your problem but you ask your friend to help it's ok they can but don't give them a whole bag full give them 1 thing to do,they help so you can smile agian it's not fair to give them the problem and leave it's just yours and family's time to talk And if your friend has a problem help them out but dont ask them for you to do everything cause you take the problem and well here comes a bully or anything but give them there bits you do yours and if you done the 1 thing ask them what is left the person or something wants, to give them a re:minder but don't come running to them when you took the problem READ THIS PLEASE TO TELL WHY
Parent of a 1 year old Written byusaf1a8xx January 27, 2009

Great game for people 13-99!!!!!

I own all 4 Guild Wars installments and they are fun, imaginitive, have great graphics, and are very immersive! A must own in my opinion. The game does allow you to remove your armor and walk around in underwear. The chat channel allows people to talk freely, but you can set your chat filter to maximum and block any curse words or questionable words. You can also change "districts" in a city to avoid people cursing, or block their individual communications entirely. There is a report feature for obscene language built into the game too. Basically it is very easy to keep the game clean for yourself by easily avoiding vile people. Great teambuilding and friendmaking venue too. I definitely recommend!
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Very fun RPG

This game is very fun. Great for fans of fantasy or RPGs. Sure to keep you entertained if you are by yourself or with friends. It is very fun playing with friends in the game. You can help eachother in quests and fight other humans across the world.
Adult Written bysoccer girl7 April 9, 2008

Hey I haven't played this

Um i haven't played this, and I don't own it. I was just wonderin if the next reviewer could tell me if u have 2 play online w/ other ppl online, cuz my dad will prob say no if u have to play w/ other people, and also if u can like talk 2 the other ppl (if htere r) kk, Thanx
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

I don't care if you think WoW is better, this is THE MMORPG to have

Plus, not to mention, everything is free except the disc, and the original if you feel like buying it, but is not neccessary to play FActions (though I think the orignal might be a bit better.) With the introduction of two new classes, Ritualist and Assassin, Factions makes sure you want to keep coming back for more. The only complaint I have is that getting to level 20 is easier than it sounds (max level). But even when you reach it, there is still tons of stuff to do. Plus (inevitable comparisons so WoW), the graphics are better, it's free, and for all those critics: when do you ever chat to anyone outside of in towns anyways? (You can't talk to others when on missions, but I usually don't anyways.) I wish CSm had gotten this review up when the game came out, that way more people would finally figure out that GW is better, but that doesn't matter whatsoever.
Adult Written byNakkii April 9, 2008

I Also Play this game extensively

I personnaly love this game. I haven't gotten into a good computer game in years. However this is something to be careful of, it does have a built in IM so the kids do talk to each other. There are a few *immature* groups that like to take off thier clothes (only down to underwear) and dance. Fortunately my kids have also expressed disgust with this behavior and ignore them or change districts. The Game is global so the people you chat with can be from anywhere, the game also promotes team work, most quests require more than one person once you reach the second level.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJuicua April 9, 2008

One of the best computer games EVER!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNeji_Hideyo April 9, 2008

I love this game!

This game isn't something teens will thoiw out in a week. The game is full of action! I Have to say, this site is wrong on this reveiw! The violnce isn't shown, no blood no guts, I've played worse! Yes, whey do have weapons in them. Big deal. Parents who read this reveiw and Go OH NO! Weapons! Alcohaul! Shoot me! Need to relax! It's a fun game, and it does have an amazing story line though out the three games. Most kids 11+ See violence, have been introduced to sex. If you have an issue with this game, you have an issue, they look around, what are YOUR kids talking about? Anyways, this game is super funa nd is possibly one of the best CG RP game out there, it isn't to be compared with WoW (World of Warcraft)
Teen, 15 years old Written bygame lover111 April 9, 2008

good game

The game is not that bad there are some excuses parents may attempt to use to say no like someone may trick you into saying your phone number or address or something but you know if you do your an idiot. Now to answers ski's question yes you may interact with other players but you don't have to in any of the Guild Wars games. You may hire what are called henchmen who will help you in your quests. The henchmen are simply NPCs or AI or simply put computers made to help you out in quests and missions as said before the game is sometime challenging.
Teen, 15 years old Written byirondemon555 April 9, 2008

kick butt

this is the greatest game, easily a good game for every kid

Awesome MMO

To all parents out there, this game is not violent at all. The only violent part is the slightly spooky monsters, especially towards the higher levels. The only reason why this game is rated T, is because, let's face it, there are nutjobs out there. This game should be rated E 10+. Anyway, this game is great. Awesome even. Even with the low level limit (only level 20) this game has enough extra material to make you continue playing it for a while. It also has no monthly subscription, AND it also has great PvP, which the game essentially revolves around. This game is all about strategy. Which stats and skills you use will come down to the situation you will eb in during combat. You have to know your opponent very well. As an added bonus, on PvP characters, you can actually change secondary jobs, adding even MORE strategic value. Basically, if you don't like to use your brain, Guild Wars is not for you.
Adult Written byTwilight April 9, 2008

Awesome for kids 13+

Aside from characters having odd names...which I would rather not mention this game is pretty fun. Absolutely no "Hacks" where you can reduce your character to having nothing on. Violence is not an issue, with all online games there may be a few colorful words here and there. Most quests require team work to get the job done. The PvP is a little annoying at times in "Random Arenas". For example a group of players entering at the same time to create a balanced team. HEroes Ascent battles can be frustrating if you don't have a high rank or "Ventrilo" which enables you to verbally communicate with other players. Other than these few problems this game is awesome.

I say I say I say

This game sucks! it shouldn't be for anyone in their right state of mind! this game sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People can strip down fully naked with a hack i saw in use! in use! male and female! and with another hack i saw in use! there where limbs everywhere!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAltair66 April 9, 2008

awesome game!

this game is great for RPG fans, the sexual content...i mean...yeah the outfits dont actually reveal parts of their bodies....worst i saw were legs or stomachs exposed....THERE ARE NO HACKS FOR THIS GAME...nor is there gore, the violence is really blood, this game encourages working with other players to complete the mission. Some parts may get frustrating at times because teams wont take can drink hunters ale or spiked eggnog....excessive drinking will make your character "drunk"...which is actually really funny they start saying stuff like "im king of the world" and they sit and kneel....nothing bad there, disregard the other reviewer who said there were hacks for nudity and gore....there are none, this game cannot be hacked, commonsense should really remove the above review as it does not give an accurate review of this game...this game ROCKS!