All member reviews for Guitar Hero: Metallica

Heavy metal music with edgy lyrics comes to rhythm sim.

Parent Written byphantomstranger October 1, 2009

Metallica Fans Rejoice

What can I say some of the best songs by the metal gods known as Metallica, the game has some good features and extras, a must havefor any Metallica fan. All of my kids and me like and play the game, I can't say anything about the other songs on the game as all we play are the Metallica songs.
Parent of a 4, 4, and 5 year old Written bycthomasgirl July 9, 2009

Iffy for tweens but inappropriate for younger kids

While I understand the "educational" value of "music appreciation" I feel that this game is borderline inappropriate for early teens and downright NOT appropriate for younger children. Although the lyrics may be a bit difficult to understand on the game, it still exposes children to more violence, vulgarity, and sexual innuendo than they are old enough to deal with. (Even if they are older doesn't mean they SHOULD be exposed)
Parent of a 11 year old Written byzac3 October 17, 2009

Teen, 17 years old Written byPhreakout93 July 7, 2009

will bring inspiration and appreciation for great music
Parent of a 13, 14, 16, and 16 year old Written bygamesrater55 July 5, 2009

Perfect for anyone who loves classic rock and roll music

This game is a very interesting game for people who would like to relive the classic songs of Metallica, there are no inappropriate themes that could be heard by anyone other than god unless you have some sort of sound amplifier.I bought this game for my son Sean and he keeps telling me he wants guitar lessons. Great game a must buy for Metallica fans
Teen, 13 years old Written bybran91095 April 10, 2009

All filler, no thriller.

Its an EXPANSION PACK, not a real game. Only buy if you are a DIE-HARD FAN. Otherwise, its just plain not worth your money. Its just like Guitar Hero : Aerosmith - Not worth your money.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoisondeath123 February 16, 2011

I like

Best idea ever! whoever doesn't like Metallica or think that they're too "scary" is an idiot. Half the kids can't understand their poetic lyrics (at least after Kill Em All)
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2010

This game is fun for almost all ages..I think so anyway.

I first played guitar hero whe I was 8, so it is perfectly fine.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom July 10, 2010

Only good for metallica fans, Some mature lyrics too.

Guitar hero has always been good, But now for the Metallica fans they released this. I am no metallica fan to be honest, but this is a great game with a lot of mature lyrics. Considering its a heavy rock group and only people who can handle and listen to metallica would buy this game. A few bits of cleveage with the female artists and guitarists etc. Its a good game though :)
Parent of a 13 year old Written byatomicpunk523698741 November 11, 2009

perfect for 10+ if your a little protective 12+

If you love Metallica then you will love this! Out of all the role models if your looking to be a musician then this could help you. Metallica is one of the best! This game is a defnite 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheeserules August 30, 2009

A must for Metallica fans!

It's Guitar Hero, with Metallica. That's pretty much it, and that's all it needs to be. Metallica's awesome guitar riffs and solos make the game. If you don't like Guitar Hero, this version is not going to change that. But if you do, and you like your music heavy, Metallica is a must!
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2009

You know what...

The parent reviewer, cthomasgirl, needs to shut up. I don't care what she says, this is thrash metal, if you can handle that, then leave. Kids need to finally know what good music is. Metallica is one of the best metal bands of all time. This game is perfect for everyone, and has a large range of songs from their 1983 album "Kill 'Em All" to their 2008 album "Death Magnetic". If you play Metallica's songs, Metallica plays in the background, which is awesome. They really got the details down, like Robert's hair, Lar's facial features, and the way James sings and moves. I recommend this game to anyone, especially Metallica fans.
Adult Written byNyankeeman July 30, 2009

Great Game! I got it free!

I LOVE this game but it can be a little expensive. I got mine for free Here: http://swagbucks.com/refer/Teejay9393 It's free at least sign up and try it out! Great prizes
Kid, 8 years old July 8, 2009

good for 8 and older.

i love it and hate it.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2009

Essence need this 4 her x box 360

I need this 4 my x box 360 because I really don't have any games 4 my x box I only have one tinnes game and one arcade.
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2009

I kind of agree

I say if you can play, than do because most people who arent into music really wont know what james (singer to mettalica) is saying. BUT...If some parents let us kids listin to this kind of music (Metal)than im sure there fine with us playing this game because they are listing to the normal stuff they do and they are learning hand-eye cordanent. I for one listen to metalica,disturbed,etc.(METAL RULES)and i own the game. i have two little brothers (7 and 10) who are great at the game but dont get the message of metalica's songs. SO if your a parent who dosent want your children to become metal rockers than i dont suggest it.
Adult Written byjoey15RE5 April 3, 2009

you never rocked this HARD before!

its a great game and the songs rock out loud! also love the features and the game play. also get your friends together to play as a band and rock all your socks off!!! if you like guiter hero games this is a must get!