All member reviews for Guitar Hero: World Tour

Kid, 12 years old August 5, 2009

Give it a Rest, Parents

Well you know people this is an amazing video game and if your children are at all normal they have played it at their friends' houses. But this one does a few bad songs like "hot for teacher" which is obviously bad, but all the songs they bleep out the f and s words. But you know you don't have to play the bad ones! This GH does have some great songs like "eye of the tiger", "beat it", "hotel california", and "misery business"
Kid, 10 years old November 30, 2010

good for teens

Love it! i love it because theyre are good music lessons and 5 modes.i rated it iffy for ages 11-13 because it has inaproppraite language. it is still a cool game but i expect teens should play this game if they love rock
Teen, 17 years old Written bySlipknotsarah July 10, 2009

A great game to play with the whole family

Now that theyve added the beginner level my 6 yr old little brother can play with me! This game is so fun to play with the family. I like playing it with my mom and beating her every time. the game is pretty pricey though.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2009

I Love Guitar Hero!!!!

This game is okay and NOT iffy for any age group! It is fun! You can get a sponser and they will put you on the cover of a virtual magazine. No one else can see it. Only you can. Create virtual characters and rock out as them! And it is a lot of fun!
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2011

good but not great

i love it because you can learn about rhythm melody and percussion and it also has tutorials on how to play. what i hate is that on the van halen song has the OMG word that i hate.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2009

fun, but addictive!

this is one of my favorite video games. as mentioned, some language is used, but most of it is censored. that's really my only concern. now that they added the beginner level, anybody can learn how to play! i'm not really going to say it's educational, but it gets addictive and eventually you'll end up with really fast fingers, hehe. world tour is one of the best guitar hero games, along with smash hits.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 21, 2013

REALLY GOOD MUSIC VIDEO GAME; WHAT I CALL ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!

Really good music game. It's great that many famous musicans like Ozzy Osbourne, Sting, Ted Nugent, Travis Barker and Jimi Hendrix make appearances in this game. My favorite songs to play in this game are "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney and the Wings, "Demolition Man" by The Police, "Love Me Two Times" by The Doors, "Rebel Yell" by Billy Idol, "La Bamba" by Los Lobos, "Stranglehold" by Ted Nugent, "Up Around the Bend" by Creedence Clearwater Revival, "Pull Me Under" by Dream Theater, "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, "Heartbreaker" by Pat Benatar, "Hot For Teacher" by Van Halen, "The Wind Cries Mary" by Jimi Hendrix, "Hotel California" by The Eagles, "Living on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, "Gimme All Your Loving" by ZZ Top (DLC song), "Ramblin' Man" by The Allman Brothers, "The Joker" by Steve Miller Band, "Fire" by Jimi Hendrix (DLC song), "Hot Blooded" by Foreigner (DLC song), "Life In The Fast Lane" by The Eagles (DLC song), "Fat Bottomed Girls" by Queen (DLC song), "One Of These Nights" by The Eagles (DLC song), "Purple Haze" by Jimi Hendrix, "Commotion" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (DLC song) and "Hollywood Nights" by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. "Demolition Man" contains references to destruction. "Stranglehold" contains these lyrics: "The road I cruise is a b*tch now" and "Sometimes you want to get higher". "Hotel California" and "Hot For Teacher" each contain a use of hell. "Hot For Teacher" contains a censored F-bomb. "The Joker" and "Stranglehold" each contain smoking references. "La Bamba" is sung in Spanish. Another thing that surprises me is many musicians don't wear a lot of clothes onstage (at least they're not getting arrested for indecent exposure), but I prefer it if made a customizable avatar that wore a lot of clothes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrPieFacernaut January 6, 2013

LEARNING

its great for 9 year old rockers!

Guitar Hero World Tour is a musical game that you play songs from many eras. You may either play guitar, bass, drums, or vocals. The ways you can play are career, co-op, and quickplay. In career you go through the world of being a famous rock star as your popularity increases. In co-op you and 3 other people form a band and you travel through career as a band. In quickplay you can play all songs that you have unlocked in campaign so you can play your favorites. The parts of the game that I think are inappropriate are the language you here in songs such as the d and h words. The songs bleep out the the s and f words in songs but you can tell when they bleep things out. The girls in the game also sometimes wear no shirt and just a bra. This all the bad stuff in the game but I still recommend this game to kids who are around the 8-10 age area.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

No Wii Remote Button Machanics in This One

This is definately more vulgar than Legends of Rock 3. I personally like Legends of Rock 3 better, because you can use the Wii Remote buttons to strum notes on your guitar, which I'm used to using.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 25, 2011

Much better and more updated than Guitar Hero III. But the "entire band" idea was a complete rip-off of rival Rock Band...

My rating: E10+: lyrics.
Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2011

Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2011

xd

teaches how to play guitar!
Kid, 11 years old August 17, 2010

Totally RAD!

Very fun! You might not be playing the actual guitar or the actual drums, but it still helps with keeping the rythym and stuff. Yes, it has some bad lyrics, but you don't even notice them. It's a game that the whole family can enjoy together! I recommend it!
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

Not really impressed with the game.
Kid, 9 years old April 11, 2010

The best

I have this game,I play it with my mother all the time
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

T was a fine rating for this game

how could safety be a problem on a video game?there is language like a-- and h---. but there r many songs without even not nice words.
Teen, 13 years old Written byreadyourheartout March 5, 2010

great game

i love this game(: the songs they chose for this is fantastic and even tho it came out a a long time ago, i still find it entertaining(:
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2010

Great Guitar Game!

Really fun game, though for really young gamers (5-8) it might be a bit hard. You get sponsorship deals from companys wich might be a bit consumerist but other than that its just a great game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 January 22, 2010

It's great!

I love this game! I also have Guitar Hero III. Wow average rating from parents 1 star and ages 15 and up? my whole family loves it! it has no doubt's "spiderwebs", paramore's "misery business", jimmy eat world's "the middle", and more! so fun! A great guitar hero game.
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2009

A Fun Musical Game

This game is chock full of fun. But if you own any system that has any kinds of online interaction then there's actually nothing bad it's just sometimes people name their bands with bad words. But I have quite a few of these games and I recommend it fully! ;)