Addictive rock 'n' roll party for tweens and up.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

i love guitar hero !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is nothing wrong with this game. i love playing it im even teaching my 5 yo bro. how 2 play!!!!look, i play the guitar in real live and i think it is reelly fun to combine my video game expereince with my guitar experince. it really is a must have for every one from 5-118 years old.
Teen, 14 years old Written byseal30 April 9, 2008

Tons of fun!

I love rock and roll.... and this game. The whole game is tons of fun to play with or without friends. But watch out for the price tag!
Educator Written byDrummerdude13 November 24, 2014

Guitar Hero Review

This is a fun-filled game for sharp-minded children/teens and even adults! Music is for everyone and should be shared and enjoyed in many different ways. I believe that this game inspired me to continue with music and pursue it as a career! Guitar Hero gives personality to non-musicians and can even be a kick-start to starting younger kids off with learning an instrument. Games that are also like this would be rock band, which features different instruments such as Bass Guitar, Drums, and Vocals. This is a more interactive game and can be fun for more than just a two-person, PS2 game. I grew up with a PS2 and when I got this game for the first time, I played every single song on the game until I beat it! It was addicting and I loved the concept of the game and the songs are a mixture of a lot of different artists and genres. There's a song for everyone to enjoy on it!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Content Warning

To parents who are considering purchasing this game for your children: If you prefer your children to refrain from hearing occasional profane language or references to sex, this would NOT be a good choice! I let my kids play it at a friend's house, and after trying a few songs, they found some that were more appropriate, like Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N Roll." Regarding learning rhythm in music, it's a phenomenal tool for teaching children or adults, but I just wish they provided a larger selection of songs that aren't as "nasty." It is definitely a fun game, but the content definitely has me concerned. Wish they'd come out with a version for families like us who are offended by some of the songs on this first version of Guitar Hero. It is what it is, and that's what most of it is: offensive.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byKatMC April 9, 2008

A Family Controversy

My husband bought Guitar Hero for its "cool" factor of guitar playing, coordination building and musicality benefit of our 8 & 6 year olds (even though this was rated T the other possible benefits and fun factor outweighed any other aspects which we were unaware of at the time of purchase...). Whether it is a T rating or not, or "typical" 1970s Rock N Roll culture, it is not "cool" to make satanic images and symbols acceptable and commonplace to teens or any kids. I would gladly make this guitar version "disappear" from our household in place of any decent alternative. Rock n Roll music, or any other kind, does not NEED to go hand in hand with satanic idolatry. My husband disagrees and says it is just the Rock N Roll culture - and jests that I would want to see Christian symbols instead, but no - there is a happy medium possibility out there. Guitar Hero is really "cool" as far as its technology but I would like to see an alternative for younger kids. satanic images should not be made to be acceptable, cool and commonplace to our youth, whether they are teens or not.
Adult Written bymornarose April 9, 2008

not what I want my kids watching they see enough already

Adult Written bypati_dsv April 9, 2008

Not for kids of any age

This game is so much fun. Everyone in my family was loving it (ages 31,30, 10,9,7,4)even my 4 year old loved to watch us play. Having said that, we've decided to get rid of it. I let some of the lyrics and the sexiness slide at first, but as the game when on, the satanic stuff was introduced. Most people don't think it's a big deal, BUT IT IS. I shouldn't have bought the game with the T rating. That was my fault. I'm just alarmed at how many people think it's ok for kids. I would by this game for every family I know if there were a version aimed at kids.
Adult Written byBillyBob April 9, 2008

Beware of bands other songs!

Beware of connecting your kids through some of the bands (e.g., Slayer) which has songs about Nazis, suicide, death, and devil worship. My son bought the bands music on ITunes because he played one of their songs on Guitar Hero - these songs were totally inappropriate and disgusting.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2012

Great! Kids will imagine they are rock stars! :D

It is hard, but fun. It has some bad words in it. The nudity is people wearing bikinis. Also, It is only kind of like Just Dance. Note: it is rated t, but i have played it when younger than 13. also, if the kid is under 6, if u r a parent just be with them while they are rockin' in guitar hero.
Kid, 12 years old January 26, 2010

Good for kids 10 and up

Aw man this is the best guitar hero ever it has good songs smoke on the water by deep purple Iron man by black sabbeth Frankenstein by the edger winter and more
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 9, 2010

great game

this game is wicked fun. The only thing that makes it iffy is woman characters wear really inapropreat outfits also theres some iffy lyrics to some songs.
Kid, 10 years old December 20, 2009
i love guitar hero for wii i think that the age rating of 12 is appauling!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHardy330 July 24, 2009

Great game

Really easy to play , teaches you coordination , and it's very fun . Great game . Just a few bad words a song or two .
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2009

The game that started the Franchise

This game is very good, even the price is, which is about $20 or less. The game is INSANELY addictive. You won't stop playing once you start! The song list is amazing, but more than 90% of the songs are covers though. A few songs may not be suitable for young players ex. "Cowboys From Hell". But this game is very good, 4 difficulties for when you gradually get better (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert) deffinately 4 stars
Teen, 13 years old Written byAudiophile May 24, 2009

The game is... ok.

At the time it was great but now that world tour and stuff are out this is a last resort only. It is easy enough for six year olds though.
Kid, 8 years old May 15, 2009

Very good game!

Guitar Hero is fine for some people 7 and up.It says the h word and d and f word.But for me fine for kids age 7 and up.
Kid, 9 years old February 22, 2009

Great! It's a great game that is so much fun! The songs are cool, too.

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

This game is soo original EVERYONE I KNOW loves it plus the guitar drowns out all curses you also can't really look around you have to pay attention to the notes 24 7

forever live rock.thats all i have to say.
Adult Written byBilly Shears April 9, 2008

If you've got the money, buy it for sure.

Incredible fun. As stated in the Common Sense Media review the game requires a special guitar controller that is packaged with the game, and it really makes the experience just that much better. On the content, it is really just making fun of the stereotypical rock n' roll imagery. After one of the tutorials groupies and a "video" are mentioned. Some songs such as David Bowie's classic "Ziggy Stardust" contain mild language... but does it matter? No. A buy if you're willing to drop the dough.