All member reviews for Guitar Hero

Addictive rock 'n' roll party for tweens and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytortuga4 April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bybeck13 April 9, 2008

Everyone will love this game!!

This game was incredible, you literally get out of your seat and strum the guitar. But for all of you nerdy people, who have no hand-eye coordination, this is not the game for you. I played his for unlimited hours with my 19 yr. old brother, and we both loved it. A Must Buy!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygnarlykarli___x April 9, 2008

Simply awesome.

Guitar Hero is for all ages. There isn't much violence or harsh language going on. The only ones I've seen were when they slam the guitars and they have some swearing in the songs. No big deal. I love this game. I play it for hours on end. It makes your eyes burn, because you stand there without blinking for a while. Two thumbs up and your kids will enjoy it. If not, then they must have a life.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Adult Written byFuture Beer Machine April 9, 2008

Do not make an issue with it and don't argue.It's not worth it.

Guitar hero is a game for people that already know what rock and metal music is about!There's no wonder fo those people that booze and weed are involved in. I really disapprove kids playing it.There should be a "softened" version for kids, regarding the explicit content of the game.I'm not that careless and wicked, I do really care about kids. For me, as a professional metal drummer and amateur guitarist, it's a great boost to go on improving on guitar and be able to contribute to my band's songwriting process. In my opinion this game is better than any teacher, as I like to discover and practice with my own rules.Or without! The better is to try it out and to make yourself your own opinion, but don't speak or write about the game if you hadn't tried it. Thanks for reading so far.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

1 of my favorit games ever!

This is a great game 2 play.it has alot of good songs from the 70 80 n 90.I own 1 n 2 n there really good games
Teen, 14 years old Written byMasterchief April 9, 2008

Good game

This game is really cool. Nothing is really a major issue. Although some satanic stuff at the menu screen and stages can sometimes be alittle satanic. (Stonehenge) Language sometimes appears in songs. I think this game is good for anyone over 9 years old.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Okay...

Fun to Play. The Guitar that you play is inventive and fun. But the songs contain language, drug references, and innuendos. The music is somewhat bad, and all of the characters are goth. Fun premise but...

The first time I tried it I did really bad! Now, I'm the Queen of Medium!

It really influences teens and pre-teens to just know that the song their playing weren't created by the songwriters siting on their lazy butts! They got out there and turned it into an amazing hit!
Parent of a 8 year old Written byKatMC April 9, 2008

A Family Controversy

My husband bought Guitar Hero for its "cool" factor of guitar playing, coordination building and musicality benefit of our 8 & 6 year olds (even though this was rated T the other possible benefits and fun factor outweighed any other aspects which we were unaware of at the time of purchase...). Whether it is a T rating or not, or "typical" 1970s Rock N Roll culture, it is not "cool" to make satanic images and symbols acceptable and commonplace to teens or any kids. I would gladly make this guitar version "disappear" from our household in place of any decent alternative. Rock n Roll music, or any other kind, does not NEED to go hand in hand with satanic idolatry. My husband disagrees and says it is just the Rock N Roll culture - and jests that I would want to see Christian symbols instead, but no - there is a happy medium possibility out there. Guitar Hero is really "cool" as far as its technology but I would like to see an alternative for younger kids. satanic images should not be made to be acceptable, cool and commonplace to our youth, whether they are teens or not.
Teen, 15 years old Written byLWWhite614 April 9, 2008

A great game for people 12&up

This game is fun and teaches you about rhythm.
Adult Written bymornarose April 9, 2008

not what I want my kids watching they see enough already

not as bad as people say it is

parents,this is not as bad as you think.the only reason they made it the T rating is because there is minor lyrics(but i swear i heard an f-word in the song "behind the mask" that was uncensored).A must buy,for ALL viewers!
Adult Written bypati_dsv April 9, 2008

Not for kids of any age

This game is so much fun. Everyone in my family was loving it (ages 31,30, 10,9,7,4)even my 4 year old loved to watch us play. Having said that, we've decided to get rid of it. I let some of the lyrics and the sexiness slide at first, but as the game when on, the satanic stuff was introduced. Most people don't think it's a big deal, BUT IT IS. I shouldn't have bought the game with the T rating. That was my fault. I'm just alarmed at how many people think it's ok for kids. I would by this game for every family I know if there were a version aimed at kids.
Adult Written bymcoate April 9, 2008

We love this

Our entire family LOVES this game
Adult Written byBillyBob April 9, 2008

Beware of bands other songs!

Beware of connecting your kids through some of the bands (e.g., Slayer) which has songs about Nazis, suicide, death, and devil worship. My son bought the bands music on ITunes because he played one of their songs on Guitar Hero - these songs were totally inappropriate and disgusting.

Ok...

Language is iffy. There are symbols and songs that shouldn't be in this game. You may find an issue if you are bringing up your child as a Christian.