All member reviews for Halo 2

A bloody, action-packed, sci-fi shooter sequel.

Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

EPIC! Just somewhat hard.

My friend and I played it on his xbox and it was EPIC! Just somewhat hard and I had to ask for help for him a lot. That is why I gave it four stars.
Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008

A great game.

Saying halo 2 has so-so graphics is like saying the sky is red. it simply isn't true, and is immiedietly obvious to anyone who looks at it. I don't think this game deserves an Off 17+. yes, there is violence, but none of it is very realistic, and there isn't any dismemberment. most of the blood is either purple or green. i wouldn't recommend it for anyone below 12, but most kids above 13 are smart enough to know that it's just a game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byThe Halo Expert October 24, 2011

Great game, pretty violent and gory though.

Great game. Basically the same as the first as far as violence, blood, and gore. There is killing of aliens, and when they die, green, or purple blood spurts out. There is also a parasitic, zombie-like form called the Flood that you fight. Those are really gory. Mild to moderate language sprinkled throughout. May be frightening to children under 10. Players use automatic rifles, high caliber pistols, semi-auto rifles, SMGs, plasma-based guns, grenades, turrets, rockets, and energy swords. PS: the "What Parents need to know" thing at the top says "torture". I played the whole game several times, last time just a month or two ago, and I didnt see any torture. Verdict: good for 14 and up. maybe for 11 and up. Definitely not for kids under 11.
Adult Written byjc103 April 9, 2008

Decent gameplay, but mature

Admittedly addicting, the game is still violent, and some scenes in the first-player scenarios can be tense/frightening. The online gaming can be fun, but that can also become one of the more offensive aspects of gameplay as players talk to each other; Frequent cussing and harrassment is somewhat common even though they have a system in place to report abuse. I think Mature is an appropriate rating for this game.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written bycomplexity23 June 6, 2010

Best Game Ever

Halo 2 is by far the best game I have ever had the pleasure to play. The graphics are incredible, the music is impeccable, and it's just an overall great video game. When ESRB rated this game M, I was outraged. I mean, you're shooting aliens here, and there's little to no blood. (plus, it's whacked colors, like green and pink) The only time there is ANY human blood at all is if you shoot your partner, which even the youngest of children understand is morally wrong, and they'd never do it. (At least, my little ones don't) When the ESRB said it's scary, I just laughed out loud. The aliens are well-done, but I don't really think they're going to make you pee your pants or anything. There is absolutely no gore at all in this, despite what the ESRB says. There is a bit of blood, but like I said, it's mild and discolored. The language is extremely mild; I only heard about 5 d*mns and maybe 1 crap in the whole thing. It could at least of been rated T, but I don't think it even amounts to that. I think this is along the lines of E-10+ more than anything. CSM believes that the message is bad because we're attacking aliens. What the heck are they talking about?! Aliens are invading us, and we're simply defending ourselves! My two sons, Trent and Jacob, simply enjoy this game. I don't blame them, as I'm an epic halo fan myself. So buy the game, share it with your children. (If they're mature for their age) I don't think you'll regret, and neither will they.
Adult Written bySteveOll April 9, 2008

Of course the rating is correct (they are there for a reason)

Maybe this site is lacking in common sense. The game is rated as 'M'-Mature (age 17+) it shows it on the front of the box. The game ratings shown as are there after being reviewed in much the same way as movies are - well that is the case in the UK - I can't speak for other countries. If the rating is for ages 17+ then it should be a no-brainer - its simply not for kids. Perhaps if more parents used *their* 'common sense' then there wouldn't be as many whiny & bratish 12 year olds ruining the Xbox Live experience for this game.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byabrahm January 31, 2011

Everybody always exaggurates the violence level in this game
Adult Written byPSU 117 April 9, 2008

It depends on the kid.

I've been playing Halo and Halo 2 for 5 years. Both games feature an excellent graphics with a storyline that keeps you coming back for more. The single player campaign is fine for teens with minimal gore and some minor swearing, but nothing that would be too much to handle. Xbox live is another issue. Many people act inappropriately online with the use of profanity. The surprising thing is that many times the people swearing are kids. I have met some very nice young gamers and some very crude ones, so it all depends on your kid. If you think they are mature enough to handle Xbox Live then let them hop on and have some fun. If not, unplug it and let 'em play the campaign.
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2014

8 and 9 iffy, 10 and up perfectly fine.

commonsense has no commonsense. I AM SICK OF IT! Its fricken alien blood! (The correction underline wants me to change fricken to Kendrick! What is wrong with this world!?)its red about 15% of the time ( the alien blood)! The only reason its not rated T is for... wait... why... alien blood isn't human blood! There's mild language! mild! bastard and b!tch are used in halo 3 and the ones after halo 2! Language should have been the main reason halo 3(+) wasn't rated T! Back to violence, I have never gotten why bloody games are so bad. Blood is in all of us. So are brains, hearts, and other organs and guts. If you think about it, gore and blood aren't so bad because we have it in us. blood was created before violence, you know. EDIT: one more thing I forgot to mention... THIS GAME AND EVERY OTHER HALO HAS GREAT ROLE MODELS-WE ARE DEFENDING OURSELVES FROM A VARIETY OF ALIEN RACES THAT ARE SURPRISINGLY MORE WARLIKE THAN WE ARE! (but I am surprised that WE didn't start the war in this games story)
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2013

great game!

Halo 2 is a great game, but has some language and violence issues. D*mn, a**, a**hole, and h*ll are uttered by both the bad guys and the good guys, but they're all in a life or death situation and say them out of fear. When you or the aliens are shot, blood spurts from the wound, but the aliens' blood is all different types of flourescent colors and might as well be fruit juice. Characters use hundreds of different weapons to kill the aliens(sub-machine guns, rocket launchers, pistols, sniper rifles, etc.)and there is a scary type of alien called the flood that can crawl inside the dead bodies of both aliens and humans (not graphic) and the bodies look somewhat like disfigured zombies (still not graphic). One bad guy alien realizes what the halo (superweapon that can destroy planets{sort of like the death star} could do, he decides to work with the good guys to destroy it. When players are online, they can say any thing they want and it will show up in the corner of the screen for everyone to see. They can give out personal information, swear, etc. So, if you are scared to death about letting your eleven year old play this because of its violence, it'll be fine for them.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

Epic game!!!

While there is some blood in this game, Common Sense blew it WAY out of proportion. The only time there is a lot of blood in HALO is in extreme circumstances. In campaign, despite there being more blood, most of it is alien, and colored fluorescent blue, green, or orange. In multiplayer, there is more human blood, but less overall. The gameplay is fun and easy to get the hang of, and the main protagonists are honorable people with good motives. If a child is mature for their age, then they should be able to play it. However, the violence may be a little much for younger kids.
Adult Written byFiggy66 July 26, 2010

OK for 11 year olds

This is no doubt the bloodiest halo game its very good though and easy to play. Some language, but other wise ok for 11 year olds.
Adult Written byLCDScreen April 9, 2008

Adult Written bygojira fan March 18, 2015

Halo 2

This is by far the most violent halo I don't get why halo 4 is not for kids and this is 16. There is a lot of gore such as blowing off faces and severing limbs with blood and gore visible. Halo 3 and 4 are much less violent than this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byawesomegamer3000 December 26, 2013

Halo 2 is not bad at all

this game ain't bad at all and has very little profanity in the game. I am not saying this game is educational but give your kids a break they need have an imagination and this is their imagination probably. This game is not bloody at all unless of course you kill aliens but the color is blue and purple. But you know what i have noticed about common sense media that almost every M rated video game says not for kids just because it is M. Is CSM trying to be mean or do they have a giant boulder in their head.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJohn Halsey October 20, 2013

It's fine for 11+

I thought this game was amazingly fun. Not only did it have the best music and campaign of its time. This is great for kids 11 and up. But I only gave it to my responsible kids only when they get A's. Your kids just need to understand violence and that whole talk.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2013

One Of The Best Games In The Halo Series!!!

The level of violence in this game is on par with Halo 1. The main thing that is worse about this game is that it has extremely good(HD) graphics,so the blood now looks real instead of looking like spray paint. This game also has more swearing than the first game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJovo June 3, 2013

Great Game, Doesn't Deserve M

First off, this is a great game. Great story, great soundtrack, and great graphics (for when it was made). Besides that, this game really should not be rated M. It does have a small amount of swearing, but really nothing a sixth grader can't handle, and I've heard much worse in games rated T. The violence really isn't much to be worried about, either. The player shoots at aliens that have humorous dialogue and are almost cartoons. When hit, their blood is a bright blue, and is hardly visible. Granted, the player can shoot dead bodies to make more blood come out, but it's still not all that bad. When the player is killed, it simply shows Master Chief lying on a bit of bloodstained ground for a couple seconds before he respawns, again nothing a 13 year old can't handle. As for the "realistic weapons" that the main review makes them out to be, they really aren't. The more realistic ones include a machine gun, pistol, and sniper rifle. However, the majority of weapons fire plasma or look futuristic like a star wars toy, and the sword is made of blue energy, something you probably won't see in the real world. All in all, this game does have some swearing and violence, but once your kid is out of elementary school, it should be okay. Unless your child is likely to take their dad's plasma gun to school and start looking for aliens to kill, you won't have a problem.
Kid, 12 years old December 17, 2012

Halo: 2; M Rating does not apply to everyone

M Rating does not apply to everyone. For teens that are mature enough to understand the difference between a game and real life. Language is mild.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypokefan00 June 21, 2012

My Favorite Halo Game.

This is a great game. You have a large choice of weapons and vehicles to choose from. Usually, you play as the Master Chief, but in some levels, you play as the Arbiter, one of the aliens in-game. There are four difficulty levels, from Easy to Legendary. You can also collect "Skulls" to add some flavor to your session. Don't like playing alone? Go into Co-op mode with a friend or family member, or you can fight a ton against each other in Multiplayer. You can customize the game mode and your Multiplayer character. Bottom line: If Microsoft didn't remove Xbox Live for this, the game kicks butt.