All member reviews for Halo 2

A bloody, action-packed, sci-fi shooter sequel.

Kid, 9 years old January 20, 2009

Souldn't Be Rated M

This is rated M and shouldn't. I play this with my 12 year old brother and I don't think it is that bad. This should be rated T and not M. It isn't for anyone under 8 though. I started playing at seven and the flood was something I didn't see much. I usually play capture the flag with my brother.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalecsk8rboi January 10, 2009

worse than the first or third

this is the worst installment in the overrated halo series. the game does have quite a bit of violence but like the first one it is all against aliens. this time around the violence is more intense and the enemys are scarier, but there is no sexual content the blood is blue green and purple. there is one character that smokes cigars sometimes, but theres less language than the first one! and this one got an m for language! but overall for 15+

this game is sooo overrated

this game is waay overrated by commonssense. its not even that violent, im tired of people saying this game is innapropiate, there are games much worse outthere. There is no bad language, the worse thing is "hell". sso ok there is some blood, but its minimal, and there issome violence, well, ok it is violent, but come on, its a fps, what do you expect. It doesnt give off a bad message either, you are this human soldier trying to save earth from the covenant, which is an alliance of aliens. So youre like a hero. the blood you see is basically just blue, purple and orange blood, which is from the different aliens. and you cant shoot your fellow humans because they will shoot you back. i think that this game is ok for kids 13 and older.
Teen, 16 years old Written byFlip-flop April 9, 2008

A violent, yet entertaining, game

This game is very violent. There, I got the bad part out of the way. I find this game extremely fun to play, and I try to ignore the blood. Halo 2 actually requires some thinking in some situations. This game is to violent for kids my age, but to more mature gamers, it is highly recomended.
Adult Written byElectrofrier April 9, 2008

Not quite as fun as Halo 1

But like Halo 1, it is still an excellent game to get. Halo 1 might have been more fun but for what Halo 2 lacks in fun it makes up for in everything else. The only problem in graphics is the pop-ins.Anyways, Halo 2 is very gory and more realistic than the first game (for enhancements of technology) and has a few more curse words than the first one. And even though you may think there is no good role model, the humans are trying to survive and the only way to do that is though violence, whether you like it or not.In conclusion, the reviewer must be a fan of a different system otherwise he would have appreciated Halo 2 for how good the game is and not finding anything negative and amplifing on that; like how gory it is (well like it or not, video games are just going to keep getting more realistic and gory than games right now).
Teen, 16 years old Written bylanesra2412 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bysup almighty April 9, 2008

what teen in their right mind would not love a game like this?
Adult Written bychrischris1 April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bydav3290 April 9, 2008

Amazing

This game is amazing. You will have a really fun time playing Halo 2 especally if you have Xbox Live. There are no refrences to sex or drugs in this game at all. Now the lanuage is mild and rare. Now the volence is a little over the top, a little more than Halo 1 but i gave it a yellow rating cause 95% of the blood is alien's blood which is plasma. Hope you enjoy the game as much as i did.
Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Halo 2, superb game

Halo 2 has been critized for it's violent content. However, the game is rated M for Mature. This doesn't mean you should be scared to play the game if you're under seventeen, what it means is this-- When you play Halo 2, you should be MATURE enough to distinguish between REALITY and FANTASY. I play Halo 2, but I never conteplate murder or suicide-- because I can distinguish between fantasy and reality. Unlike other games of its genre, Halo 2 has no sexual themes, drug usage, and profanity is rare. As for its entertainment value, the game is superb. The gameplay, graphics, music, and story are all first rate. Halo 2 is the best shooter ever.
Adult Written byMyKidsDad April 9, 2008

Adult Written bygeneticsociopath April 9, 2008

People, Please!

Look, I'm not to say that some of the stuff on the market isn't bad, but come one, Halo2? There are teen games more bloody then this. It's not life-like, and in single player, you only kill aliens. They don't even loose body parts. WEAK. Any ESRB person I've talked to says it should have been Teen, but thought it'd attract a larger market at Mature. This game has no death screams, little language, (not from own character) and non-life like blood. True, you have to shoot through everything, but it's not even close to games like Half-Life2.
Adult Written bywcesq April 9, 2008

Played it w/ the Kids

Bloodless shot'em up, but I sure had fun trying to match the kids when I could get squeezed in to play with them. Actually, this was an opportunity to have some involvement. Now, I'm against some of these kids playing this thing for 5 hours a day, everyday, for months, but I don't see the fall of western civilization due to Halo
Teen, 14 years old Written byneoMp5 April 9, 2008

this game rocks period.

Halo 2 is one of the best games i have ever played but not for everyone kids 11 and older will get value out of this game. but this is only my opinion
Teen, 17 years old Written byMentalBakura April 9, 2008

Great game, mabye not for younger kids.

To start with, Halo 2 is a great game. If you're an adult or a kid that can handle these games maturely, definately get it. The game is quite violent, but it's been touched on before that you fight aliens, not humans. The Covenant have varying colours of blood; blue, purple, and orange (and green for the Flood) to name them all. The Flood would probably be frightening for younger children, as they are zombie-like (and they can actually run fast - oh no!). The game has some swearing, but not much. However, if you're going to play it online, the language would probably rise, due to everyone's love of swearing at other players on the mic. Overall, I think Halo 2 is a must-have, but it's not for young children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHalo2rocks April 9, 2008

Play it, im 12 and theres nothing wrong with it, parents overdo it.....

Well, im 12, and to tell you the truth, and nothing against you parents but Halo 2 has nothing wrong with it, and yes, parents have to give me permmision to play, you parents overdo what your kids see and dont see, how bout you let them play for a day and see how it is. good things-no sexual content-very mild language-good game play-xbox live with friends in my class at school-If you parents keep your kids back from everything in the world like blood and violence, what are they going to do if they ever get stuck in the war???? What if they can't handle seeing blood????-my mom really doesnt like me playing it, but my dad, bro, friends, and I love playing it, and yes, its mostly a male kinda game (:, thankyou parents and readers (:
Teen, 16 years old Written byPieMan244 April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written bywhatup09 April 9, 2008

Awesome

I had been waiting to play this game for the last 3 months and finally i did. It was violent but not as bloody or violent as some teen games out there (alien hominid) I say that is you can handle alien vs. predator (the movie) you can definetley handle this game. and besides, it's so fast paced that you don't have time to see the blood.
Teen, 16 years old Written byshadcrkd April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written byjimy771 April 9, 2008

fun stuff

I think this game is fine for any kids teenagers(13 or up) parents freak out when they see the M rating and dont take time to look at the game. This game does have a lot of violence but take the blood away and its not much worse then a teen game. Bopth language and blood were made to make this game feel realistic if a game feels realistic its funner and sells more. The language comes from mastercheifs allies who are fighting an almost hopeless battle against much more powerful aliens. So I beleive if your child is over thirteen he/she will must likely be able to see the line between this fantasy and reality.