Parent reviews for Halo 4

Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

Adult Written byVideo Game Critic April 15, 2014

Great for kids 10 and up

Halo 4 is one of those games where parents are concerned. Halo 4 is not very violent. There is only rainbow alien blood. If your child watches violent tv programs then she or he can probably handle Halo 4. If your child asks to get Halo 4, don't just flat out say no. Take some time to consider it. Make sure to talk about responsibility with your child. The game follows a soldier named John who goes on a crazy adventure to save the world and his digital best friend. If you do decide to get your child the game, it's good to have a chat about when they can play it and for how long. If they disobey you, you have every right to take it away. I hope this helped!

Ease of Play
Parent of a 13 and 17-year-old Written bymrparent February 7, 2014

strongly recamended

i think mastercheif is a great role model. this game is great for kids 11 and up

Ease of Play
Adult Written byMoniteringMother December 14, 2013

Halo 4 is GREAT!

If you are not allowing your child to play your standard first person shooter like Call of Duty, of Battlefield, Halo may be the game for you. It is one of the most non-violent first person games for your pre-teen to teen aged child. The is absolutely no blood, language, or sexual references throughout the game, or series itself. The online multi-player only gets better as your child is emerged into vast environments, learning on how to take down other enemies using plasma rays and other equipment. I have played it myself, and it is G-R-E-A-T!

Adult Written bysoccer_mom345 December 5, 2013

For Undecided Parents

I'm a mom from a family of four, and I just looked at the review from plugged-in on Halo 4. It said that a few cuss words were used a few times in the game, and that your blue, women companion is attractive and not modestly dressed. I decided I would get it first and play the game to see if it was too much for my 12 year old son. THE GAME HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CUSSING WHATSOEVER!!! And as for the blue attractive girl, YOU ONLY SEE HER ONCE IN A CINTEMATIC IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, WHICH CAN BE SKIPPED, by pressing a button!!! The violent part of the game consists of killing aliens with your blaster. It involves no killing of humans in the entire game. Plugged-in has once again, blown the little things way out of proportion. If you're an undecided parent about getting this game for your kid, BUY IT!!! The only problem is the violence, which is like any starwar's movie, it's very minor!!!
Parent of a 14-year-old Written byAlex Nystrom December 3, 2013

Great for new teens looking for a low violence first person game!

This is a great game for newly teens! There are no bad or suggestive themes throughout the whole game. There are positive role models and messages in that the Spartans save Earth as we know it, from aliens. They do this however without extreme violence, very little in fact, as you shoot aliens that do not "gush" blood like other games even T rated. There is little to NO blood at all when you shoot an alien, if there is it will usually appear blue or purple, not red. What I think is the best about this game is that you do not shoot humans! Unless you choose to play multiplayer, which if you do they are in high tech armor so they look like robots. Overall I think that this game should be rated T, I played it before i let my son because i am what you may call "strict" about what games he plays. Thoroughly impressed with the game for its rating, should be rated T!

Adult Written byH3CT0R GR33N August 28, 2013

9 and older

hello halo 4 has not that much violnce and no blood!! this game
is ok for 9 and older

Parent of a 18+-year-old Written byILOVEBUBLEZ August 19, 2013

my HALO 4 review!

this game is an on for nine and ten year olds this game has no blood at all
not much violence this game is quite fun.

have a good day.

Adult Written byBushMan6 June 10, 2013

Best Halo yet!

This game is the BEST Halo in my opinion. The campaign is amazing and emotional sometimes. Multi-player is fast paced and better than ever. Forge is even more amazing than Halo: Reach's version. Master Chief is a great role model. He never gives up, even if it looks hopeless. He keeps on going even after he gets hurt and continues to fight for the freedom of man kind even if nobody believes he can save it. Assassinations are not new, you could do them in Halo: Reach. There is I believe only 1 curse word in the campaign. In Spartan-Ops(Replaces Firefight.) there is some mild language, many times they stop talking before the do say it. Blood is not that bad compared to any other FPS out there. Over all this is a great game for teens. If your child cannot handle any blood at all, you might want to wait until he/she can. Cortana is not that big an issue in my opinion. There is not any inappropriate dialogue, and there only a few scenes that they show her in full view.

Parent Written bysavannah1 January 24, 2013

great for kids 12 up

I think that this game is great, yes it is a little violient but I say let your kid get it. no machine guns like call of duty just laser guns and blasters. Im a mother of two and they love playing it with each other. great for kids that cant get call of duty games this is a great allternate let them get it it is great!

Parent Written byMomviewer123 December 17, 2012

Halo 4 is for 12 and up

To all the other family's that are second guessing whether or not to get there kids Halo 4 I say get it for them for 3 reasons. First, Its rating is is M because there are some small blood puddles on the ground after you kill them. Thing is that there's no body to go with it so it isn't bad unless they cant even see blood on TV. Second, the game promotes lots of teamwork. Players can engage in combat with other players on a team and must kill the other team( this is the only point where human or red blood appears) so they must work together to stay alive. Third and most important, they will be left out from others. If you read the review from Common Sense your child may miss out because of a bad review. Again this is a game that is rated M for a little bit of blood that is barely ever human but alien. The game is ON for children 12 and up.

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byMontessorimother November 10, 2012

Halo 4 for undecided parents

This is a great game for my children. It teaches them many important life skills. This is also a great game for adults, we all love to play this game with our children. Master Chief is a great role model, he teaches children that the army helps save the world. My children look up to him as a hero even though they know he is fake. If you are an undecided parent then you should get this game. The best part is that the blood is optional, but the blood isn't that bad because it is very colorful. Halo 4 is a game that should be rated T for teens, not M for mature. There aren't many swear words compared to COD. So far, we haven't heard any swear words.