All member reviews for Halo 4

Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer man November 17, 2012

Halo 4

Best halo yet, not very violent, worth getting the limited edition, multiplayer WAY better than the campain
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead April 14, 2013

OK for kids 12+

This is an awesome game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byluther555 May 11, 2013

great for 14 and up

Halo 4 is one of the greatest games,online gaming can have swearing if other players swear but can be easily turned off,there is blood but nothing extreme.The most violent thing would be a assassination where the player stabbed a knife in the back or head of a player or breaks he neck but like i said nothing extreme.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJohnHunter007 May 18, 2013

Halo 4: A Game Changer

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. I have been playing the Halo games for several years now and out of all them, this is installment is definitely the mildest. Message: Not much here, but as the main protagonist Master Chief (John 117), you shoot and kill a ton of alien enemies. In multiplayer, you kill other people just like yourself. Role Model: Master Chief spends the whole game trying to protect his friend and AI helper that was assigned to him in the first game, as she also protects him. This could possibly spark thoughts of what true friendship is like. Violence: As far as bodily fluids and parts go, it doesn't get worse than blood splatters. Note that you can sneak up behind enemies and assassinate them (e.i. break their back, stab their head, snap their neck, etc.) though no bones can be seen, it is obviously violent. Again, know that in the single player mode you are fighting and killing aliens to protect your friends and the human race. Sex: Though there are no sexual acts or remarks, Master Chief's AI companion is quite obviously female. It is about like Mystique from the X-Men movies. No nudity, but basically wearing a skin tight suit through the entirety of the story. There are a few shots than pan from the base of her legs up to her head and show a clear shot of her behind (clothed, but nontheless, skimpy). Language: The profanity is extremely mild in this game. Two or three "hell" and one use of "b****". A few uses of taking the Lord's name in vain. Consumerism: If this is your first Halo game, you most likely want to play the others as well, or even buy a book or two. Drinking, Drugs, Smoking: None that I recall. Previous games had a Sergeant Johnson that sure liked his Cigars, but he is not in Halo 4. Safety and Privacy: Just like pretty much any other game you play online, there are people who will make inappropriate comments. They can however be muted or reported. Well, I tried to give an a honest review to the best of my ability! Though there is not much educational value in this game, it is very fun and could provide time for you and your child to play and work together as a team. Keep in mind, it is an M Rated game (for ages 17+), but i still think this is because of online play or possibly just to keep players who enjoyed previous games and might look down upon a T Rating? It sounds dumb, but i have seen it happen before. Anywho, I hope this review helps! Enjoy the Halo franchise! God bless.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCHIMMY187 February 18, 2013

Commonsense Has reached a new low

this game is not for teens but is for little children. honestly you have to be ten or under to enjoy this game
Teen, 15 years old Written byAwesomeninjas13 February 14, 2013

Fun, exciting, and captivating.

Halo 4 presents an exciting adventure for many people. Although some may consider it violent, it is much less gory than Black Ops 2. There is no blood from what I have seen. There is some language but nothing terrible and let's be honest, if you child is in high school he/she has heard MUCH worse. Overall, this game could be scary at some points but is nothing compared to other games like dead space and the COD series.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheGuyWhoReviews December 19, 2012

Great game, minimal violence.

The title says it all, really, so instead of giving my usual wall of text, (I should really separate those into paragraphs) I'm just going to say that you should watch some videos of the game being played and decide for yourself.
Kid, 12 years old July 1, 2013

I'm British and this game contains violence and brief nudity

If this was a movie it would be rated a 12A- Contains moderate fantasy violence and brief nudity. Yes, the game has violence and nudity. Now if your worried how bloody this game this, well there sometimes can be aliens splurging out alien blood on the floor. If your wondering how sexual this game well a female cyborg does wear a suit which reveals her breasts only. The game is fine for mature 11 year olds and over. It's quite tame, it's not worse than Black Ops 2 or Dead Rising.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaleb T. June 13, 2013

Exellent game for kids 10 and older.

This is an amazing game with an awesome story line. Its not very violent so you shouldn't worry about your children playing it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJeremy M. May 16, 2013

Straight Ball

Halo 4 is a great game. As a guy who has played it and Halo Reach, along with other games, I know. My opinion is this; it's different for every kid. Obviously you wouldn't want a 10 year old playing this. But if you have a tween or young teen who wants to play it and who you believe is mature enough to handle it, let him. Halo is very different from other shooters. You're not some random soldier killing people left and right. You play as a developed character that is reflecting what this war has done to him. And the enemy is either an alien that you must defeat to protect mankind, or a robot that bursts into golden flakes when killed. Once again, if you think your child is mature enough, let him get it! To add a positive aspect to this, make him save up for it. As for older teens, such as those from say, 15 and up, they probably can handle it.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

best game

Halo is one of the best games BUT there is some blood and violence like u can knife people in the back and with headshots u can make the head squirt blood but not as bad as cod
Teen, 14 years old Written by1oe1 March 29, 2013

Halo 4

Halo 4 is a very interesting and entertaining game. It only says the b-word once. It also says d**** and h***. Halo 4 is a war game and so obviously there would be violence. The violence is shooting, exploding, and many other ways of death. People forget to mention about the forge. I personally like it because you can make a map for Halo 4. Blood is shown but only green, blue, and red. The red blood is from other troops that sometimes join you in a mission. The other troops are usually behind you so you won't see it often. Multiplier is fun and interesting because some people make awesome maps but they cuss. That can be solved by turning down the volume. Overall it's a good game but its still scary enough for a 6 year old.
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2013

Heres a opinion from me..

BORRRRRRRING....You need Xbox Live to enjoy the extra camping and since I can't access it I think its BOOOOOORING....I'd say this'd be a 5+ it dose not involve swearing,well from what I've played...+ it dos not have "Language" in the game information unlike the other HALOs,I'd say not to go on multiplayer.[Excluding Co-op]
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2013

Wow... Just..... Wow... NOT FOR KIDS!?!

This is for 12-13+, I got this as an early present for christmas. just like my Home movies review, This is Over-Rated, Halo Reach & Halo 4 should be T, and Brink should be rated M...
Teen, 16 years old Written byJohn Halsey March 11, 2013

LEARNING

This is a good game!

My sons are 14 and 10. I love them a lot so I am a little protective of them. But Halo is not an issue for any of them. I watched them play for 15 minutes and it looks like that there is more problem solving than actual killing. This may be rated M but it really to see how mature they are. Ages 10+ would be recomened. My sons dont let his interphere with anything with school. I dont see a bit hesitation in buying them this. Parents. This is a good game!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 4, 2013

Fantastic game, tamer than previous Halo's.

Violence is no worse than previous Halo games. Mild amounts of alien blood, but nothing graphic or over the top whatsoever.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe Man Goose February 13, 2013

Better than most shooters, still violent with disturbing side effects in a few

While this game isn't as violent as some shooters out there, it still contains a good helping of violence and earns its "M" rating. I will also add that people who I know have exhibited violent tendencies and have talked about killing people for fun after playing the game for extended periods. Probably not like this for most people, but at the same time, it HAS happened. It is, however, a better alternative than another more violent shooter such as Dead Space III or COD.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKc40k January 28, 2013

Cleaner Than THOSE Other Games

This game is fantasticly fun, and pretty clean compared to what's out there. This website, I believe, was incorrect about Halo 4. The game is violent, but the most violent u can get is quickly snapping a guy's neck. Blood is very minimal(considering your to busy shooting other people to notice) the bad words are also minimal. If any of you parents think THIS is bad, then go watch walkthroughs for Far Cry 3(It gave me shivers of horror). My parents do have limits on me, due to younger siblings as well, but this game has not affected my 7 year old brother. So if your kids like some violence but your not sure what to buy them. This game is a keeper
Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2013

BEST GAME IN MANKIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is what people in my 5th grade class would say about halo 4, "halo 4 is for baby's!", or, "what's so special about halo 4", and they'll say this especially to me, "all you talk about is halo 4, WHY!!!!!". well, here is me answering that question. the game is full of intense action that keeps you on the edge of your seat, that you will drop for more. the thing about the series, is that they decreased to bad stuff. from halo combat evolved, it would say, "M for mature, for blood and gore, violence. halo 2, "M for mature for blood and gore, violence, language. halo 3, "M for mature for blood and gore, mild language, violence". halo wars, "T for teen for mild blood, mild language, violence". halo 3: odst, "M for mature blood, language, violence". halo reach, "M for mature blood, violence". and halo 4, "M for mature blood, violence". if you see, it has gone from lots of changes over the years. and halo 4 is the best. if you parents out there let your child play this they will experience a whole new generation of halo. spartan ops is fun, and exciting, the campaign is intense, and multiplayer is fun when you assassinate opponents. this is a must buy for everyone. and in case you didn't notice. halo 4 was announced as IGN's game of the year award for 2012
Teen, 16 years old Written byStripedTiger8998 January 14, 2013

Halo 4

This game is amazing, if I do say so myself. Everything about it is perfect: the campaign, the multiplayer, even the spartan ops. It is not that violent, and you are not shooting people, you are shooting aliens, which are not real. Any tween can play this game and not be affected at all. There is a little bit of blood, but it's blue and green, and it's not much.