All member reviews for Halo 4

Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2014

LEARNING

Halo 4 is not that bloody or intense like other shooters, and it is only bloody when you use the SAW, which is not even bloody. This is one of my favorite games because it has amazingly realistic graphics, addictive multiplayer, a great storyline, and the most customization I have ever seen. I think this should only be played by kids 11 and up, because of the violence with mild blood and no gore.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySeriouslytholikebrah November 21, 2014

LEARNING

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat... That end game cut scene though...

Press R2 to win... . . . . . . . . DEEEEEESSSSS NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old November 18, 2014

Fun, really no blood

Theres not really any blod if there is its a small puddle. This game is fun multiplayer and a good campaign. This game is fine for kids. Let them play this before cod and battlefield
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 17, 2014

Not for kids.hahahahahahahahaha!

You can play it if you are 15 and if you are 14 than under parental gaudiness you can play it.
Kid, 11 years old November 15, 2014

Halo 4 from a twelve yr old

This game is rated M. There is no way it should be. The blood of the aliens is green and orange not like human blood at all. There is no bad content or language WHATSOEVER! Definitely good for ages 9-10+
Teen, 13 years old Written byJayrazor November 8, 2014

Great stal

Teen, 13 years old Written byAlpha2014 November 4, 2014

BEST GAME EVER!

Halo is my favorite game series ever, so when this came out, I was so excited, and then I found out how amazing this game is! Violence: Not that bad actually. I know it's rated M but it deserves to be rated T (like every Halo game). There are a bunch of weapons you can use, such as assault rifles, grenade launchers, rocket launchers, sniper rifles and stuff like that. Don't forget grenades. But there is LITTLE to NO blood. You may see a little blood splatter on the walls are ground, but it's all colorful alien blood. There are also assassinations in this game, but they're not violent, you just tackle the guy and stab him with a knife (no blood). It's very tame actually. Sex: None, but one character (an AI) appears to be nude, however parts are not shown. It's honestly like Mystique from the X-Men movies. Consumerism: It is part of the Halo series. Privacy & Safety: If your kid plays online, have them turn off voice chat (yes, you can do that), so they don't hear constant language or inappropriate stuff. Overall: 9.8/10 - Some minor flaws, but amazing game for kids 11 and up.
Kid, 8 years old October 31, 2014

LEARNING

Dont even bother listening to common sense!!!!

This game is not bad at all. There is some cussing in it and some blood. Anybody who likes halo get this halo. I have game of the year edition. Master chief's best
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 22, 2014

LEARNING

This just BARLEY gets a "M" rating.

Other than the amount of blood, everything about this game is about "T" level. The aliens have green and purple blood, but humans do have red blood (like in real life but instantly it's the worst thing ever because it's in a video game). Please don't listen to the 100's of 50 year olds who know nothing about modern life (not saying all of them).
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2014

awakaka

This game is violent.i will say that strait out.but the violence is justified and only to inhuman creatures.Blood not much unless you call blue and purple blotches blood.sex none.language none.alcohol none this game is great for si fi lovers who aren't as much for RPGs.
Kid, 9 years old October 8, 2014

LEARNING

WHY IS THIS M? IT SHOULD BE T FOR TWELVE!

I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME. There is such words as damn, hell, ass and that sort of stuff
Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2014

Esrb got this all wrong

I have played this game a lot.From what i have seen, the blood is not red and only from the people who attack you in the game.It has NO sex or no consumerism.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGood ole boy 17 September 28, 2014

Violent but very well made game

Personally, I think Halo 4 is the best of all the Halo games(there is like 7 or 8 of em). The graphics are astounding, I love all the new weapons and the campaign is really fun. But it isn't for adolescents. Like all of the other Halo games of course it is very violent and chaotic but I have found there is more blood in this one. Also, you don't just shoot or blow up your enemies, players can do "assassinations" in which your character intimately kills the enemy from behind with a knife or an energy sword. There is also a bit of cursing and in online multiplayer I'm sure there is a lot. Overall I think 15 and up should be okay to play this but remember every teen is different. You must look at how games affect your kid, adolescent or teen.
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2014

Violence Is Toned Down Significantly!

This game is the best of the Halo's. I have all of the Halo's, and its safe to say it isn't very violent. The blood is rare and not commonly seen. The Master Chief is a great role model, and one of video games' finest! I recommend this game for anyone 10 and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarson3003 September 17, 2014

LEARNING

I hope this review is a troll

I really do
Kid, 10 years old September 17, 2014

awsome!

love the game and some nudity and the blood is green not a big deal!
Teen, 15 years old Written byDarkSideKyp September 16, 2014

LEARNING

'Not for kids?' I don't think so.

The official review says that this game is "not for kids." I think that this is an overstatement. Yes, the game can be violent at moments, but it really isn't anything a parent should be extremely concerned about. As far as killing goes, the vast majority of living things that end up being killed are aliens and robotic-themed AI (artificial intelligence). Some humans do die, but unlike some games, it isn't long and drawn out. There is one cut-scene, however, where the primary antagonist of the game uses a weapon called the composer to "compose" a ship full of humans. This means that they are disintegrated into binary code, and they can be seen stripped apart. As gruesome as that sounds, It isn't really gory. Skeletons and a layer of muscle are depicted, but they don't melt into a pool of blood, or something especially gut-wrenching. Concerned about language? Although the game isn't technically rated for language, there IS some in the game. Curse words are few and far between, and nothing especially strong is said. But, as I said, there is some offensive language that you should watch out for, but all of it is in cut-scenes that can be skipped. There is absolutely no sexual content of any kind in Halo 4. The AI Cortana is as close as it comes, with a slightly suggestive appearance. But as far as explicit content, there is absolutely none, and you need not worry about it. Likewise, there is no drinking, drug abuse, or smoking in the game. Although a character can be seen smoking in previous Halo games, there is nothing in that regard in Halo 4. There are some good role models in this game. Almost every "good" character is a fine example of bravery and sacrifice, and go out of their way to help their fellow soldiers. As far as the overall message, it isn't very clear. The plot delves into a whole "man or machine" conflict with the Master Chief, which he isn't sure about in the end. There isn't a really negative ending, but it does end on a low note, as an entire city is "composed" (don't worry this time, it isn't up close and personal, there's just a camera shot of an empty city) and the antagonist, the Didact, somehow survived. I hope this review helped you decide if Halo 4 is appropriate for your child, and was helpful in general.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPyroStryker495 September 14, 2014

Great Stories Deserve Great Graphics

This game is just as good as the last three Master Chief games, but with the good graphics that it deserves. Chief fights to save Cortana, uncover the Didact's secrets, and struggles with the question of whether he is a human or a machine all at the same time. For the blood-sensitive, just like the other Halo games, the alien blood looks like paint, but it is still rational (some more than others) life that you are taking, regardless of the color. Also, in this game Chief battles prometheans, which are digital life forms, which dissolve in a data purge when you kill them. This is a great game, but definitely not for pacifists.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHarvster5 September 3, 2014

Kid Friendly Actually!

The violence is all "Pew Pew Lasers". No Language or Drugs at all. I just don't understand why it wasn't rated M for the nudity or Cortana. That's the worst thing in the game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCyberyCBY August 23, 2014

COMMON SENSE MEDIA WTF

WHY IS IT "NOT FOR KIDS"!!!!!! this game is much more appropriate than games like call of duty and other first person shooters. i dont know how you can say this is for kids older than 18. the violence in this game isnt strong because most of the arsenal is full of laser guns and futuristic weapons. however their are some weapons such as the magnium and the assault rifle that are human weapons. when aliens are hit they drip small amount of PURPLE BLOOD!!! you may argue that when master chief is hit he drips human blood but to be honest you have to look carefully to see it. so when your kids ask for this you should let them get it! -CyberyCBY