All member reviews for Halo 4

Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2013

common sense media over reacts again what a surprise

this is a great game and i think the worst thing your kid will see is tiny amounts blood when you kill an enemy
Teen, 14 years old Written byluther555 May 11, 2013

great for 14 and up

Halo 4 is one of the greatest games,online gaming can have swearing if other players swear but can be easily turned off,there is blood but nothing extreme.The most violent thing would be a assassination where the player stabbed a knife in the back or head of a player or breaks he neck but like i said nothing extreme.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykid-teenrater23 April 29, 2013

Halo is a good choice

Halo is really fiction. kids are great with this
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2013

What the Heck?

This game is a terrific game for people Who Play a lot of video games M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me laugh. Not What I Think .T. That's Better. There is Some blood But That's life But please it's Green.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvenStevenMan April 19, 2013

The best in the series

This game has the best graphics in the Halo series, with Master Chief's armor looking better than ever. I think that Common Sense Media has judged this game to hard. In this game, you do not "violently beat your opponents to death". This is an exaduration. Also, the blood in this game is eather light blue or green, or some other wacky color. Iv'e heard rumors that you can turn the blood off, but i have not tried it myself. This is one of the better games out there.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBeavisandButthead April 14, 2013

OK for kids 12+

This is an awesome game.
Teen, 17 years old Written byResponsibleJackson April 11, 2013

Great game for teens, but not for children.

Great game. Not as good as some of the others in the series but definitely worth the $40 I paid for it . About the price; do not buy this game at WalMart. Microsoft released a price drop on the game, but recently I saw the game was still being sold for $60 at WalMart. If you are going to buy the game, get it at Best Buy or somewhere else for $40. On to another topic: language. There is a tiny bit of language in the game, but all of the words that are used are on the mild end of the language scale. On to yet another topic: violence. The game is violent but is completely unrealistic. The game should have been rated T. My advice is very simple, this game is not for young children even though it is not a bad game. The game is appropriate for responsible and mature teens. Thanks for reading.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommon Sense. Really April 3, 2013

A pretty good game

I think this is a good game because it it entertaining and not to violent. My younger brother, 10, plays this game and he is fine. THIS GAME IS NOT CALL OF DUTY so do not get this confused. There is not so much blood and it is blue. You need to know if your child is ready to differentiate fantasy from real life in order to let him/her play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlphaRidley March 31, 2013

Great game! Try it out parents! Play with your kid and see if it's okay.

I really like this game, my brother does too. For parents viewing this, the online is NOT suggested if you have voice chat for younglings. Turn the chat off and your good! I have completed the campaign on legendary and have seen one scene where they use; "what the h**l!" No more than that. Cortana does have a figure that some people might think looks like a nude A.I. First of all, it doesn't show anything. Second, it's and A.I. I love this game and my 10 year old brother thinks so too! Buy this game if your kid is a MATURE 10+. An immature person should NOT play it though. Have fun everyone! T is deifinitely the rating for this fantastic game
Teen, 16 years old Written byshark bait March 30, 2013

a game for all ages

I have recently found out who goes on this site to look at stuff, and to all of you over protective parents looking at this, this game is not bad you are not shooting little 5 year olds, and this game is completely unrealistic is fantasy. there is not one instance where any strong language is found.
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2013

best game

Halo is one of the best games BUT there is some blood and violence like u can knife people in the back and with headshots u can make the head squirt blood but not as bad as cod
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandylove1o1 March 29, 2013

Not that bad for 12 year olds...

Violence is a problem in this game, but my 8 year old brother plays this game. He knows that there is war going on in the world, Terrorism, shootings going around. Other than violence there's nothing to worry about. And violence isn't an issue for 12 year olds. Violence occurs everywhere. What's the difference between watching it on a screen than hearing about it. Children of this generation are very intelligent and they are the future. They are always learning, this game can't possibly influence their decision on who they want to be. There isn't a very bad side to this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written by1oe1 March 29, 2013

Halo 4

Halo 4 is a very interesting and entertaining game. It only says the b-word once. It also says d**** and h***. Halo 4 is a war game and so obviously there would be violence. The violence is shooting, exploding, and many other ways of death. People forget to mention about the forge. I personally like it because you can make a map for Halo 4. Blood is shown but only green, blue, and red. The red blood is from other troops that sometimes join you in a mission. The other troops are usually behind you so you won't see it often. Multiplier is fun and interesting because some people make awesome maps but they cuss. That can be solved by turning down the volume. Overall it's a good game but its still scary enough for a 6 year old.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2013

don't let kids play this!!!!!!

bad
Teen, 16 years old Written byCool dude 117 March 19, 2013

It's ok for kids

Halo 4 is not bad at all if your kid wants it buy it ok
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2013

!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS REVIEW !!!!!!!!!!

This game is amazing - an all time epic, this was my introduction to the halo series and I cannot WAIT for the next one.There is a bit of alien blood which goes on the ground, unless you shoot your own team mates - which ends up being pointless. The "Violently beating his opponents to death" is insane, once again you must ignore common sense media and use real common sense instead.There is no swearing, but there is one one intense scene when the Didact (evil dude) vaporises some scientists and a layer of muscle tissue is seen, and they scream. Cortana looks like they ran out of processing space so they decided to erase some clothes - but pre-teens will not notice this, only older boys.GET THIS GAME FOR YOUR KID(S), IT IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2013

Wow... Just..... Wow... NOT FOR KIDS!?!

This is for 12-13+, I got this as an early present for christmas. just like my Home movies review, This is Over-Rated, Halo Reach & Halo 4 should be T, and Brink should be rated M...
Teen, 16 years old Written byJohn Halsey March 11, 2013

LEARNING

This is a good game!

My sons are 14 and 10. I love them a lot so I am a little protective of them. But Halo is not an issue for any of them. I watched them play for 15 minutes and it looks like that there is more problem solving than actual killing. This may be rated M but it really to see how mature they are. Ages 10+ would be recomened. My sons dont let his interphere with anything with school. I dont see a bit hesitation in buying them this. Parents. This is a good game!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayni March 5, 2013

Lets be Honest

Ok I'm reading these reviews and shake my head in disbelief of this game being helpful with anything. Yes it's graphics are great! Very realistic looking. Master Chief is a good guy, but lets be honest, It's really violent!! I know it's aliens, but do we have to be so graphic when we kill them? Do we have to stab them in the head and beat them over and over to kill them. Can't we just shoot them once and "poof" there gone. :-). I just dread to see what happens in Halo 5. Come on Halo creators, think of a way to make it less violent, more something else, throw in some education like math! I know your talented, show us parents how much. P.S. I do love that the language doesn't go along with the violence, thank you.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 4, 2013

Fantastic game, tamer than previous Halo's.

Violence is no worse than previous Halo games. Mild amounts of alien blood, but nothing graphic or over the top whatsoever.