All member reviews for Halo 4

Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written byyoda466 January 3, 2013

Halo

I think that you sould buy this
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2012

Awesome

Great game no violence no profanity (bad language) very good role model MASTER CHEIF
Teen, 13 years old Written byMobar December 4, 2012

Halo

I got involved with the halo franchies when i was 10. my friend brought up his xbox 360 and we played halo 3. I instantly loved it. When i turned 12 i got my own xbox 360 from christmas and imediatly bought halo 3. then i bought Reach which i did not know about until i relized everyone played reach not 3. i got it and loved it even more. Halo games are not bloody like COD and most of the time i dont even notice red blood. To solve the stranger problem jsut force your kids to start a privite party and he only can talk to his friends who have to be invited to join. I preorder Halo 4 and again it was not Master Chief beating his oppents to death. its not like that at all. Assassinations are not Gorey and bloody wiht stunning detail but more u killed a alien or person. Barely any blood and has achievements that most of the time require coopertain. Halo 4 is the requires far more teamwork and coopertain than previous halo games. Cortona is not nude and it shows no sexual contain. its a T game with a M rating.
Teen, 16 years old Written byscrew the reviews December 2, 2012

Not as bad as cod games

In campain mode theres not much to worry about in multiplayer a lot of people will swear. If your worried about blood its not from humans but aliens. I would not mind seeing a ten year old play it it is defenatly not as bad as cod games. In multiplayer you will be shooting other people but you will be moving around so you will only moving around so you will see only a bit of blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJarHed July 19, 2013

AMAZING

Teen, 15 years old Written byCarson Reviews July 11, 2013

Lighter Game then most Shooters

Common Sense Media got this one wrong. It's really just shooting aliens. It has a great story too it, but to understand it, you my need to play the earlier games. The only blood in this game is purple blood from aliens and if you die, the screen turns red. Thats it. Unlike most first person shooters, this is one of the lighter ones.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAISRTG June 25, 2013

Halo 4 Parental Review -- SHOULD NOT BE MATURE-SHOULD BE TEEN

Halo 4 is an amazing game and recommended to Halo fans new and old. I will not argue that it is not violent, but I will argue if the rating of M (17+) is reasonable. It says that it is M for Blood and Violence. The game is 16+ in Europe same as some games that are T (13+) in America. There is minimal blood in the game as only half of the enemies have blood when they die, but it is mostly green or blue and something you might see in a children's TV show. The other half of the enemies disintegrate into orange flakes and if you use their weapons to kill anyone they will also disintegrate into orange flakes. The Violence is not very bad as other M rated FPS games (First Person Shooters) because you are not killing humans for the majority of the game, but when you do they are in robot suits and if you know anything about the Halo games the people are "Spartans" (Augmented humans[basically like Captain America]). If you do not want a game that only has shooting then you are in luck. Halo has a mode called "Forge Mode". In this mode you can make your own maps and game types and this is one of the few FPS that has this mode and it is by far the best. You are also able to download maps (you need xbox live) and there are lots of race maps that do not have any violence and they are even more fun then Mario Kart! The game can also teach a bit of money management because as you play you can purchase new weapons with in game money that you need to earn. There is also an online mode (you need xbox live) which is lots of fun as you can play with 16 people in a game. If you are nervous about coarse language or other bad things talked about in the matches you are able to mute all other people so you can enjoy playing with them even if they are mean. If you are not very good at Halo online then you can practice in the Campaign or the brand new "Spartan Ops". Spartan ops is 5 twenty-minute levels that come out with a episode each week (you need xbox live to use it). You can also practice in "local mode". That is when you only play with people who are using your xbox. You can play yourself or with 3 other friends. On another topic Halo has the best storyline to any video game and there are lots of amazing books that can expand your knowledge of the story. There are also 7 other games (one is a remake and one is a RTS [Real Time Strategy{tower defence game...search it up}]), and as they are not as new as Halo 4 the price is very low. There is minimal coarse language such as a few uses of Hell or Ass, nothing any worse, and if you know about shooting games you will know the language. There is now use of Alcohol, drugs or smoking, as in Halo 1-3 there was a character seen with a cigar most of the time. There is no nudity or sexual content, but the main character has a blue companion who is a little revealing, but you can tell that they are not human and they are an AI (Artificial Intelligence). On youtube there are many gameplay videos if you want to see the game before buying it. I have been playing from when I was about six, but it depends on you or your child. Overall it is an amazing game and should have a rating of Teen.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhiperson123 June 13, 2013

OMG AWESOME GAME!!!!!

AMAZING GAME!!!! please try it!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 16, 2013

Amazing

The violence is pretty moderate. Mostly you normally see alien blood. The violence reminds me a bit like the violence in men in black. Although, the last few missions start to involve some strong violence like somebody face explodes and blood splurges out. Overall it's a great game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBobybob71 May 16, 2013

STOP READ THIS

I know what im talking about. Halo 4 isn't that bad. They rated it M because it is hard. Everyone likes a good chalenge. There is a little blood but it's random colors. It shold be T. It is ok for 9 and up.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2013

common sense media over reacts again what a surprise

this is a great game and i think the worst thing your kid will see is tiny amounts blood when you kill an enemy
Teen, 13 years old Written byEvenStevenMan April 19, 2013

The best in the series

This game has the best graphics in the Halo series, with Master Chief's armor looking better than ever. I think that Common Sense Media has judged this game to hard. In this game, you do not "violently beat your opponents to death". This is an exaduration. Also, the blood in this game is eather light blue or green, or some other wacky color. Iv'e heard rumors that you can turn the blood off, but i have not tried it myself. This is one of the better games out there.
Teen, 17 years old Written byResponsibleJackson April 11, 2013

Great game for teens, but not for children.

Great game. Not as good as some of the others in the series but definitely worth the $40 I paid for it . About the price; do not buy this game at WalMart. Microsoft released a price drop on the game, but recently I saw the game was still being sold for $60 at WalMart. If you are going to buy the game, get it at Best Buy or somewhere else for $40. On to another topic: language. There is a tiny bit of language in the game, but all of the words that are used are on the mild end of the language scale. On to yet another topic: violence. The game is violent but is completely unrealistic. The game should have been rated T. My advice is very simple, this game is not for young children even though it is not a bad game. The game is appropriate for responsible and mature teens. Thanks for reading.
Teen, 16 years old Written byshark bait March 30, 2013

a game for all ages

I have recently found out who goes on this site to look at stuff, and to all of you over protective parents looking at this, this game is not bad you are not shooting little 5 year olds, and this game is completely unrealistic is fantasy. there is not one instance where any strong language is found.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

NOT THAT BAD

I think all halo games are overage and not that bad this one especially has no bad language And very little blood
Teen, 16 years old Written bybaesean January 1, 2013

Great Game.

Halo 4 is a great game. Let me start out by saying that it is incredibly emotional as Chief strives to keep Cortana alive whilst simultaneously trying to keep the Forerunners at bay. Cortana's (metaphorical) humanity is what keeps you going as you continue through your missions on a quest to keep her from leaving you. On to the age rating. Halo 4 has blood, yes, but the only red blood is from you. You spend the entire game shooting aliens who bleed only orange, blue, or purple. The sex is prominent too, though, as Cortana is a completely nude AI. Her sensitive areas, however, are concealed by blue tattoo looking stripes that streak her body. Master Chief is one of the best role models in history, as he shows that no matter how old you are, you can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. I can't wait until Halo 5 and 6 come out. You won't be able to either.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2012

Common Sense Jacks it up Once Again

Ah, I like to take a good look at the inaccurate reviews of some superstitious posers seeking only to convince people that everything in the media is bad. Spolier Alert!: It's Common Sense Media. I learned a long time ago that words only go so far, and violence is sometimes needed. I don't mind taking down armies of aliens; I endorse it if they try to hurt humans. Now let me tell you not to believe everything you here. Go somewhere else to find reviews with people who have actually played the game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLu Bu November 26, 2012

Meh, it is kinda cool

But really It just has a flaw, and here is what it is: (I THOUGHT THAT HALO 3 WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ENDING TO THE STORY, BUT THEY JUST DECIDED TO UNLEASH SOME RANDOM WEIRD LOOKING CREATURES) it is just WHY?
Teen, 13 years old Written byloganburns57 July 27, 2013

Awesome game

It is a good way to start play fps's its not too violent, no swear words, and great gameplay
Teen, 13 years old Written byleakingrye May 15, 2013