Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byILOVEBUBLEZ August 19, 2013

my HALO 4 review!

this game is an on for nine and ten year olds this game has no blood at all not much violence this game is quite fun. have a good day.
Teen, 13 years old Written byleakingrye May 15, 2013

The best one yet!!!

I lo e this game!! Dot's sutible 4 kids 13 and up
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2013

This is obviously the best halo game yet. In Halo 4 master chief is on a mission to destroy the evil robotic Promethean army. The game does defiantly not deserve an M rating as there is hardly any violence or blood in it, except for the alien blood (which you can switch off).

This is a great game for kids 12 and up.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2013

NOT THAT BAD

I think all halo games are overage and not that bad this one especially has no bad language And very little blood
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2013

GREAT GAME

OH MY GOD POEPLE, how is this game rated M, no sexuall content no drugs no nudity just violence and blood, that should be rated T, please people, don't be stupid
Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

16.

WHAT THE HECK. Another inaccurate rating by Common Sense Media.I mean, here in the UK Halo 4 is rated 16. And It should have the 16 rating on common sense media.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStripedTiger8998 January 14, 2013

Halo 4

This game is amazing, if I do say so myself. Everything about it is perfect: the campaign, the multiplayer, even the spartan ops. It is not that violent, and you are not shooting people, you are shooting aliens, which are not real. Any tween can play this game and not be affected at all. There is a little bit of blood, but it's blue and green, and it's not much.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJellyfishJam38 December 24, 2012

Common Sense Media must really hate M-rated games.

Halo 4 is absolutely amazing. I don't think it's as good as Skyrim, but I still love it. Thought Halo 3 and Reach were good? This is ten times better than them. The graphics are splendid, almost like you're watching real people, and the story is fast-paced and exciting. New vehicles, enemies, and features have been introduced to Halo 4. A problem is that the game is a bit too hard, and some levels should only be played co-op because of their difficulty. However, there is an "Easy" mode, for the novices. I think Halo, as a shooter, is somewhat better than Call of Duty in originality and introduction of new features. One minor complaint, is that some of the multiplayer Custom Games have been removed, and the existing ones are harder to find on the interface. Now, onto the appropriateness level: VIOLENCE: Moderate. During most of the game, you will be pitted against aliens known as the Covenant, and a new robot-like race called the Forerunners. As you can tell, there is plenty of violence in this game, but none of it is especially graphic. Shooting an enemy results in a small spray of blue, purple or orange blood, which can splatter on nearby surfaces. There is no sign of dismemberment or injury detail and the violence is justified as you are fighting against evil aliens. Humans can be killed, but you generally receive penalties for doing this. Also, you can perform "executions" during melee combat, where you finish the enemy off with a third-person blow such as a curbstomp or neck-break. Trust me, this is not as bad as it sounds, and shows no blood whatsoever. This website decided to give this game a "Not For Kids" rating based on just that. And then they give The Walking Dead a 16+ rating. Executions were also seen in Halo: Reach, but slightly less frequent. Common Sense Media, you've really gone crazy with your ratings this time. SEXUAL CONTENT: Very mild. There is a character called Cortana who is an AI (artificial intelligence), who has a somewhat revealing costume, with only wires covering her sensitive areas. She is featured prominently during the game. LANGUAGE: Mild. Occasionally, words like "d**n" and "h**l" are used. I also think I heard "b****rd" and "b***h" during the game (there are some crackly radio transmissions where it is unclear what the characters are saying). The language is nothing you wouldn't hear in a PG movie though. SUBSTANCE USE: None. There is no use of substances in the game that I remember. If there was any in the game, it definitely wasn't anything debatable for a kid to see. OTHER: Towards the end of the game, there is a frightening scene where a group of people melt. It is more shocking than graphic, and definitely shows less than a similar scene in the first Indiana Jones movie. I didn't really want to put this in the "violence" section because it wasn't, really. Overall, this is a great game that encourages teamwork, and good versus evil, and has little concerns. I would say that the youngest age to play this game should be 9.
Adult Written byFa g. November 26, 2016

Overreact..

CSM Overreacts about some stuff. I have an idea why, its to run video game companies out of business. But other than that, the exaggerate the ratings like in GTA 5, they said, "You can brutally kill people and then see blood pools" thats a lie. You CANNOT brutally kill people in GTA 5. But Halo 4 has some mild language, and a little bit of blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIKnowMovies November 12, 2016

Halo is more appropriate then what common sense says it is.

Halo 4 has some violence but it is not that bad. You do see some blood splatter but with the color plot its very hard to see unless you're looking for it. Even though CSM says that it has no language I did hear a spartan say, "Oh that Alien got me so p***ed! " It is not easy to play I have died many a time. Cortana is naked, but nothing too sensitive is shown, but you know she's still naked.
Teen, 17 years old Written byFinman October 28, 2016

Really not worth the 18+ title common sense media gives it.

Common sense media really did not need t give this game the 18+ title as it is really not bad... Firstly you can decide yourself if you want your child seeing cortana as you can just search up on the web 'halo 4 cortana,' yes she does look a little bit naked but to be honest it really is not that bad. The violence is just the same as your usual first person shooters ( ect: call of duty, the rest of the halos ) and it is a bit more graphic than the last few halos but thats just because the graphics in the video game industry are moving on, there is not much blood at all and its a lot easier to miss it than call of duty and other games like that. ( Basically you wont see much of it if you don't go looking for it ) In multiplayer you can talk to players on the same team as you but if you don't want to just mute them. I think that kids aged 10 or older should be able to play it as its not that inappropriate. great game though so dont let your child miss out.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykrancei October 27, 2016

One of the best in the series

18 and up? Heck no. Its violent but not bloody or gory. Definitively okay for 11 and up. Super fun and challenging.
Kid, 10 years old October 25, 2016

halo 4

halo 4 is a great fps I hate blood and gore I just cant stand it. I can Handle some blood but not that much. In halo 4 there will be blood on the ground but not that much. The worst part is the assassination wich is caused when you meely some one in the back you can snap neck stab them with a knife or in capture the flag you can hit them in the head thy when thy are on the ground you take the flag post and drive it through there head and the last assassination you take your pistol shove them to the ground and shoot them in the head your ai Crotona looks lie she is naked but she is blue but there is no detail
Adult Written bysusan l. October 24, 2016

good for older tween's.

there is violence in this game, And you deliver brutal kills with guns and swords. my rating, T for violence and blood. I would give it, an 8\10. Master chiefs assistant [Cortona] is almost naked.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeadlyDJ14 October 14, 2016

Halo 4

I say it is very fun, but I don't recommend this to younger players.
Adult Written byLio S. October 9, 2016

Amazing.

My kids begged me for this game and I saw the M rating on it, so I said maybe. Later I researched the rating and it didn't seem bad at all so I got it and I played it for a bit and there is nothing bad about it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJeff mc October 4, 2016

Good game

I play halo a lot and this is a good game I think for 12year olds
Teen, 13 years old Written byTrapGeek October 2, 2016

Not for kids

I like this game a lot but it's no lie that this game is too old for kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byandrewC. September 26, 2016

This Game is Great!

I think that the 18 plus rating is highly exaggerated, any time there's blood it's just this little red, blue or yellow mark on the ground. It doesn't even look real. Apart from that I think it's just as good if not better than the other halo games because it adds a array of special powers and new weapons to use and enjoy. The reason I gave this four stars though is because in halo 4 they removed a bunch of weapons vehicles and even the ability to duel wield. But other than that this is a great game and I enjoy playing it with my friends.
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2016

No. And Yes!

Well the campaign is not that bloody, the thing people don't review is the computer girl, Cortana, she looks like a naked blue girl, but shes not. Ok so she a computer girl who is not real. So the multiplayer, not bad. so i would say campaign, 13+ multiplayer 9+ that's what i think.