All member reviews for Halo 4

Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

Learning

Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

16.

WHAT THE HECK. Another inaccurate rating by Common Sense Media.I mean, here in the UK Halo 4 is rated 16. And It should have the 16 rating on common sense media.
Teen, 16 years old Written byStripedTiger8998 January 14, 2013

Halo 4

This game is amazing, if I do say so myself. Everything about it is perfect: the campaign, the multiplayer, even the spartan ops. It is not that violent, and you are not shooting people, you are shooting aliens, which are not real. Any tween can play this game and not be affected at all. There is a little bit of blood, but it's blue and green, and it's not much.
Adult Written byfrodovader88 August 27, 2015

EIGHTEEN AND UP!!!???!!!!

Wow.I mean I've seen weird ratings but 18?I have Halo 4 and I say 10 and up because it's no different then the other Halo games.Why this one?Seriously CSM?!? It was a little violent but I'd say for the other Halos(except for reach)also 10.There's some blood but it's blue and it only shows red blood when you sir or play multiplayer but there's barely any overall.10 and up!CSM is crazy!
Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2015

Well Done Game, and Suprisingly Fine Content

I am not the next child in line to say to parents things like, the importance of killing aliens as they might come to earth, or any other excuse. I do not agree with these either, but the surprisingly fine content comes from: Coming back to the aliens, they rarely bleed, and there is an extremely low amount of blood on multiplayer, and is usually not possible to see unless looked for. And the quality is excellent. Firstly, the story, while unlike one in a movie, is very high quality for a video game. The gameplay on single player, has very smart AI, and generally fun gameplay. Multiplayer is no less quality. And, I will not usually review games, put this one is exemplary. Bye!
Adult Written byMrComedy August 11, 2015

LEARNING

Why are parents against this?

Okay, This game is fine. Your child ahould be able to play this video game. Stuff in this game is not as bad as GTA and other stuff. There is no actual 'harmful to child's brains' stuff in this game. All they do when they die (in multiplayer) Is flop on the ground with blood that looks like Dried up paint. The aliens bleed on the other hand, but not terribly bloody, they just have a puddle of green, blue, purple, or orange blood appear. There is a tiny bit of language in the spartan ops game mode, but only light stuff like crap, hell, and idiot.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytheargoniangamer July 30, 2015

Halo 4

Parents should know that the game contains mild language and violence they use the word d--m in it quite often but nothing past that. It contains shooting and stealth kills where you character uses a knife. It contains one or two scenes where the allied marines smoke but not often. It is not as bad as other titles and is a good game to start with games more on the violent side.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHalo117 July 29, 2015

Not as good as the older Halos

Ok, to start, I've been playing Halo since I was 7, and am now a huge fan of the series. I'm not a bad kid, I promise, and my parents aren't bad parents, either. Yes, you can kill aliens, but at least it's not humans. And let's be honest here, kids will be exposed to violence in movies and by playing video games with their friends. Unless you just plan on making them watch Dora and play with Barbies for the rest of their teen lives, they will see some form of violence in the media. But it's your job to teach them that this violence in video games and movies should not be repeated in real life. The only thing I find questionable in this game is Cortana, the blue A.I., who is nude, but you cannot see anything explicit. It's a little hard to explain, but it's nothing your kid won't see in their sex education class. Oh and by the way, Master Chief is the coolest protagonist. :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byMystery_Gem July 27, 2015

Appropriate But Hard

This game is great, it looks great, it plays great, the story is great everything is great. The reason it is "M" is because the campaign is hard and you will have the most fun if you are 15 and up. There is nothing inappropriate about this game other than violence and a little blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheRightReviewer July 15, 2015

Ok For Nine And Up

This games is AWESOME!! Halo 4 is by far the best halo in the entire series and not very violent either. The only problem is that if you go online you can talk to strangers, but only if you have chat on and decide to talk to them.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2015

Halo 4

Halo 4 is a first person shooter where you can shoot aliens and other players online.Language is never used within this game when online there is a voice chat but it can be disabled.Blood can be seen on the floor when an alien or player dies but it is very small.Most cutscenes may depict violence and other themes.A cutscene has a entire lab of scientists die as their bodies disappear.If Master Chief (The main character)does not react fast enough when fighting the final boss he will be thrown off a platform.Most categories are fine but it has a lot of violence.
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2015

Halo 4 was a major let down

The game Halo 4 was highly anticipated in my opinion a little over hyped, the fourth installment of the halo franchise was a let down, the game didn't really add much to the story and really no different from other halo games, in other words just get halo 3 much better
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2015

GREAT

please don't turn away just because i am a kid because I do have this game and also back where i live the ratings go G,PG,M,MA 15+ then R 18+ and i am not allowed to play MA 15+ or R 18+ but this game is very good and i do not know how in your country gave this game a M 17+ rating halo 4 is rated M in Australia(where I'm from) but it's not M 17+ there is some violence and a little bit of blood but it's not excessive at all the only thing that's iffy is the online multiplayer but with no headset and the sound off no bad words also in the actual game there is no swearing at all there may of been a hell or two but i did not notice it also if your child is eleven or younger maybe 7 or 8 up he should probably from school or home know about the word hell and know not to say it. and the game is very fun! ( : also the master chief (the main character) even if he does use violence to solve problems he is still an okay roll model as it doesn't really portray war as a fun thing but he still defends his land and has meaningful relationships with people and he does have feelings he is not just a morbid future soldier with no feelings!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilikehotdogs July 1, 2015

Amazing Game

How is this not for kids?! It;s perfectly clean.
Adult Written byCorey Evans June 29, 2015

"Not for Kids"

I'm not big on this sort of game, personally, but it was good for what it is i guess. I always see people giving it to their 8 and 9 year olds though. It's not for kids guys. And then they wonder why the new generation is desensitized to death and violence.
Kid, 8 years old June 29, 2015

Why kids 8 and up should be allowed to play halo

If your child is 8 or older, let them play halo 4. (or any halo.) Halo is a lot of fun, and just shows your kid is growing and meeting the internet world. Please consider this because I am offended that any halo game is rated M because.... well, kids like 1st person shooter TOO!!!! kids like 1st person shooter TOO!!!! (the reason I said 'shooter' is because only halo is appropriate, not other first person shooters.) I wrote this review for all the kids who aren't allowed to play halo because of the rating. :) great role models is up to you, because master chief is cool, but I don't know about any other parent factors.(considering whether role models is appropriate.) :-)
Adult Written byjacobgamingeye0 June 28, 2015

really good

not as violent as you think and only blue blood!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPantsboy junior June 28, 2015

Common sense are wrong

Halo 4 is a sci-fi shooter which has a really good story and good multiplayer. There is mild blood, no dismemberment just little patches and there not even in detail, from aliens blood is blue and orange and humans the blood is red. There are assassinations in which you sneak up behind an enemy an stab them with a knife or alien blade, some of the assassinations can be cruel but not gory, and there quick. Overall Halo 4 is a fun first-person shooter for mature under 12's or older. P.S in the multiplayer you can hear other people speaking but you can just turn that off.
Kid, 9 years old June 25, 2015

Not for kids?

Other then blood there's nothing bad about it, No swearing or sex, it should be teen.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybLaHbLaHjjjjjjjj June 24, 2015

LEARNING

Extremely Fun Sci-fi Shooter!

This game is for some children a little extreme if they've never played anything with guns or blood in it. There is a multiplayer area of the ship you play on called "Infinity". Here, you can battle other players using Xbox-Live Gold Membership. I personally use a headset to chat with teammates, and I hear many swear words. Among them are f--k, s--t, and many more. You can mute players like this in the in-game settings. In the multiplayer arena, there is human blood that frequently sprays out of people's bodies. It's no where near the popular Call of Duty franchise, but it is blood. The campaign mode has the occasional bible swear word, nothing worse than a PG-13 movie. There is LOTS of violence and alien blood in the campaign. But, the alien blood is fluorescent purples and blues and greens, so don't get too worked up. After playing for 3 years, I can safely say this game is suitable for 11 yr. olds and up!
Kid, 12 years old June 1, 2015

Fine for children

I think that Halo 4's violence is overrated. The aim is not to kill humans, but to kill aliens. The game does not overuse blood and gore and there is no bad language. I have only just got the game for my twelfth birthday and I think that as long as the player acts mature about the killing then the game is fine for children 12 and up to play.