All member reviews for Halo 4

Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Kid, 11 years old February 16, 2013

LEARNING

halo 4 insideout

i feel that there is a larger debate about this game but here is a brief walkthrough this is a more cartoony game then call of duty but still has a dark begining to master chiefs (main character) story he gets taken away as a child and is training with strict officers at the age of 8. also you can sneak up behind some one and stab some one with a knife but nothing gory i am glad to see that 343 said "hey lets give the human vs human thing a story." so they said that its a simulated training and it gives that a less dark feel then im just going to kill my teamate. so to finish i am going to say this parents this is a safe game yet should not be played by kids under the age of 10
Teen, 14 years old Written byOrangepike January 29, 2013

Why not for kids? It's not as bad as even The Hobbit!

I think that (being a player of this franchise), this game, from a gaming standpoint, is wonderful but could use some tweaking. However, from the standpoint of a 14 y/o who is also a gamer, this is definitely okay for any teen who is mature enough to handle it. The assassinations, which are noted to be "Chief brutally beating his enemy to death" are misrepresented. Although CQC, they are not excessive, they are quick and clean. There is almost no blood in this title, and absolutely no gore. I feel that this title was mislabeled and should have a 13-14+ label on it, as it contains no strictly adult or sensitive content, unlike Dead Space or Killing Floor, which adeptly follow their namesakes. In fact, the violence, crudeness, slight sexuality and mood of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was far more potent than this, and was rated for 11+, which is ridiculous. The violence is there, but it is not front feature, as the wonderful story is very much the center stage. And a sidenote: The AI Cortana is not nude, being a computer she is technically an androgynous program that represents herself as a human woman. If her form that she takes may offend someone, that someone would have to be quite immature or sensitive to find that offensive in any way.
Parent Written bysoccer_mom345 December 5, 2013

For Undecided Parents

I'm a mom from a family of four, and I just looked at the review from plugged-in on Halo 4. It said that a few cuss words were used a few times in the game, and that your blue, women companion is attractive and not modestly dressed. I decided I would get it first and play the game to see if it was too much for my 12 year old son. THE GAME HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CUSSING WHATSOEVER!!! And as for the blue attractive girl, YOU ONLY SEE HER ONCE IN A CINTEMATIC IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME, WHICH CAN BE SKIPPED, by pressing a button!!! The violent part of the game consists of killing aliens with your blaster. It involves no killing of humans in the entire game. Plugged-in has once again, blown the little things way out of proportion. If you're an undecided parent about getting this game for your kid, BUY IT!!! The only problem is the violence, which is like any starwar's movie, it's very minor!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe arbiter September 16, 2013

A perfect game

This. Is an amazing game that is although violent, it is so well made that it never feels grotesque or excessive. This is a must have
Parent of a 18 year old Written byILOVEBUBLEZ August 19, 2013

my HALO 4 review!

this game is an on for nine and ten year olds this game has no blood at all not much violence this game is quite fun. have a good day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybvgaming August 9, 2013

Amazing Game

This is a good game. There isn't too much blood or gore. The aliens bleed yellow and stuff that's not bad. Its an alien fantasy game its obviously not real. It's a lot better than Call of Duty in almost every way.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2013

The Most Mild Halo.

This game is the most mild of all the game in the Halo franchise. There is little to no blood. However, half-way through the game, you see a crew of a starship get blown up( each layer of their skin is blown off in gory detail).Cortana also seems to be naked in this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTy6248 July 13, 2013

a very good game

i thought it was a good game with not alot of human blood and an itermidate amount of alien blood
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuper_Lamb June 23, 2013

Good game, not much violence

In general, a truly amazing game. Great gameplay and graphics. I will say that it is fairly violent. There is hardly an blood and no cussing. It's far better than COD in which it's just killing other humans. Great game, but a little violent
Adult Written byBushMan6 June 10, 2013

Best Halo yet!

This game is the BEST Halo in my opinion. The campaign is amazing and emotional sometimes. Multi-player is fast paced and better than ever. Forge is even more amazing than Halo: Reach's version. Master Chief is a great role model. He never gives up, even if it looks hopeless. He keeps on going even after he gets hurt and continues to fight for the freedom of man kind even if nobody believes he can save it. Assassinations are not new, you could do them in Halo: Reach. There is I believe only 1 curse word in the campaign. In Spartan-Ops(Replaces Firefight.) there is some mild language, many times they stop talking before the do say it. Blood is not that bad compared to any other FPS out there. Over all this is a great game for teens. If your child cannot handle any blood at all, you might want to wait until he/she can. Cortana is not that big an issue in my opinion. There is not any inappropriate dialogue, and there only a few scenes that they show her in full view.
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

Interview the Aliens

Halo 4 was one of the best selling games of 2012, with over $220 million dollars made on its launch day and $300 made in its opening week, I honestly gave it 4 out of 5 for its ingenuity, but the lag in campaign and Spartan ops (or second campaign/side missions) really brought it down. It is the sequel to the halo franchise, and tells about after forward unto dawn has been found and Master Chief and Cortana have been sucked to an unknown planet and must find their way to get back to civilization, but the covenant have turned hostile and a new race has been found, and have to go through all kinds of fighting and action to save human civilization as he has known it. All together it was a very good game; perfect use of cut scenes, multiplayer gaming, Spartan ops missions for an extra feel to the halo universe, map packs that really bring joy to the multiplayer experience, balanced difficulty for the campaign and Spartan ops makes it increasingly difficult to beat the game but all in the end worth it. The theme I had received from this game was sacrifices must be made for victory. I got this theme from the game because in the game there is lots of death to AI in the game, but depending on what difficulty you are playing on, there is either less AI death if you are playing on say easy or normal, but more or all AI death on heroic or legendary. All together I thought it was a really enjoyable game, with so many things to do in–game, it’s hard to beat all the good times you can have with your friends playing this game, building arenas and teleported traps to get your friends stuck in, and have those happy moments when you finally get past a mission on legendary and you get the feeling of relief and celebrate with a bag of chips and a soda (or that might be just me). One thing I should point out is that if you use Xbox live gold and like to play co-op a lot, that co-op campaign and Spartan ops will be very laggy when you play. For those who don’t know what lag is, it’s when there is a delay between when you move yourself and when the character moves. In some cases there is freezing and buffering (buffering is only for multiplayer competitive play). Just for that my rating had dropped down to four, if 343 Industries if whoever puts out the bug fixes can fix that, this game would be an easy 5 out of 5 rating to me. The amount of alien and human blood is not very much, there is never and disembodiment at any point in the game. With multiplayer almost never having blood and the campaign being the same except for some intense scenes, I would say this would be appropriate for ages 11 and up. It honestly shouldn’t have been rated M for mature, but I can understand that’s the audience that they were trying to get to buy this game. The audience this would be for is people who aren’t very good at games and are just starting to get into games like these, but it is a very different introduction into the shooting genre. It would also be appropriate for nerd-like people, people who don’t get out much and game freaks. That has been a full explanation and critique on Halo 4, with undeniably perfect use of cut scenes and very intense and exiting game play which can get you addicted for hours at a time; it is a very good game, but if there had not been any lag in the Spartan ops and campaign, making nearly impossible to control your character and play without plenty of accidents, this would have been a very good 5 out of 5 rating.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykid-teenrater23 April 29, 2013

Halo is a good choice

Halo is really fiction. kids are great with this
Kid, 10 years old April 22, 2013

What the Heck?

This game is a terrific game for people Who Play a lot of video games M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me laugh. Not What I Think .T. That's Better. There is Some blood But That's life But please it's Green.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCommon Sense. Really April 3, 2013

A pretty good game

I think this is a good game because it it entertaining and not to violent. My younger brother, 10, plays this game and he is fine. THIS GAME IS NOT CALL OF DUTY so do not get this confused. There is not so much blood and it is blue. You need to know if your child is ready to differentiate fantasy from real life in order to let him/her play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAlphaRidley March 31, 2013

Great game! Try it out parents! Play with your kid and see if it's okay.

I really like this game, my brother does too. For parents viewing this, the online is NOT suggested if you have voice chat for younglings. Turn the chat off and your good! I have completed the campaign on legendary and have seen one scene where they use; "what the h**l!" No more than that. Cortana does have a figure that some people might think looks like a nude A.I. First of all, it doesn't show anything. Second, it's and A.I. I love this game and my 10 year old brother thinks so too! Buy this game if your kid is a MATURE 10+. An immature person should NOT play it though. Have fun everyone! T is deifinitely the rating for this fantastic game
Teen, 17 years old Written byCandylove1o1 March 29, 2013

Not that bad for 12 year olds...

Violence is a problem in this game, but my 8 year old brother plays this game. He knows that there is war going on in the world, Terrorism, shootings going around. Other than violence there's nothing to worry about. And violence isn't an issue for 12 year olds. Violence occurs everywhere. What's the difference between watching it on a screen than hearing about it. Children of this generation are very intelligent and they are the future. They are always learning, this game can't possibly influence their decision on who they want to be. There isn't a very bad side to this game.
Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2013

don't let kids play this!!!!!!

bad
Teen, 16 years old Written byCool dude 117 March 19, 2013

It's ok for kids

Halo 4 is not bad at all if your kid wants it buy it ok
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2013

!!!!!!!!!! READ THIS REVIEW !!!!!!!!!!

This game is amazing - an all time epic, this was my introduction to the halo series and I cannot WAIT for the next one.There is a bit of alien blood which goes on the ground, unless you shoot your own team mates - which ends up being pointless. The "Violently beating his opponents to death" is insane, once again you must ignore common sense media and use real common sense instead.There is no swearing, but there is one one intense scene when the Didact (evil dude) vaporises some scientists and a layer of muscle tissue is seen, and they scream. Cortana looks like they ran out of processing space so they decided to erase some clothes - but pre-teens will not notice this, only older boys.GET THIS GAME FOR YOUR KID(S), IT IS EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJayni March 5, 2013

Lets be Honest

Ok I'm reading these reviews and shake my head in disbelief of this game being helpful with anything. Yes it's graphics are great! Very realistic looking. Master Chief is a good guy, but lets be honest, It's really violent!! I know it's aliens, but do we have to be so graphic when we kill them? Do we have to stab them in the head and beat them over and over to kill them. Can't we just shoot them once and "poof" there gone. :-). I just dread to see what happens in Halo 5. Come on Halo creators, think of a way to make it less violent, more something else, throw in some education like math! I know your talented, show us parents how much. P.S. I do love that the language doesn't go along with the violence, thank you.