Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2016

No. And Yes!

Well the campaign is not that bloody, the thing people don't review is the computer girl, Cortana, she looks like a naked blue girl, but shes not. Ok so she a computer girl who is not real. So the multiplayer, not bad. so i would say campaign, 13+ multiplayer 9+ that's what i think.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2016

Halo 4

Less blood than previous halo titles as made by a different company. An emotional and amazing title. Not a lot of blood when enemies are killed. Although blood is always splattered on the floor afterms an alien dies. This game has an excellent campaign, great multiplayer.
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2016

Awesome game

this is an excellent game but with melee attacks sometimes he will grab his kind and shank them in the head this is shown in 3rd person and you don't really see much.A scientist gets her face melted but it is like pixel by pixel getting removed apart from that good
Teen, 13 years old Written byAndrew14 August 18, 2016

Miss-Rated

I started playing when I was 11, and I played through the entire campaign and began to become an online player too. The game is violent but it should not be rated M. I've played this for 2 years and thought it was rated T. the game has positive messages, you are a hero saving earth with your companion Cortana, defending Cortana, Earth, and the galaxy from power hungry aliens. My only advice is to turn all chat to the mute option, because other gamer's are not always age appropriate with their language.
Kid, 0 years old July 28, 2016

Not a bad game

Don't listen to common sense media. They think it's for people 18+ just because it has "no learning". It's fine. It teaches kids about teamwork and stuff. PS I am not really 0 I just wanted my age private.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byCheese and Bread July 24, 2016

Halo4, how could you rate this 18+

Teen, 13 years old Written byOneStraw July 15, 2016

Halo 4 is NOT an 18+ game.

Okay, this game shouldn't even be rated M. A common comparison is Halo and Call of Duty. They are NOTHING alike. Compare Call of Duty to Full Metal Jacket, and Halo to Star Wars. Halo is not that bad. Blood is unrealistic, and is very minimal. The only time blood is red is when you are killed, or you kill another player in online mode. It's really just a few drop that fly from the body. There will be blood splatters on the ground, but there's no amputation or anything gory at all. If you play the campaign, it's just alien enemies, with blue or purple or black blood. The worst part of the game is a slow motion sequence of an explosion in a lab, with a close up on one of the more important scientist characters. There is no blood, but her skin is burned off (unrealistically) revealing pink muscle tissue, an then stark white bone. The character had no development, so it wasn't a very sad death, but it was a little intense, and could be scary for younger players. What is with everyone talking about how scantily clad Cortana is? There is NOTHING inappropriate about her, and she is one of the greatest characters in the game. Language never goes above "d*mn" and is never used without good reason. Master Chief a strong role model, with others in mind. He thinks more about the people back on Earth and his fellow marines than himself. This game is also very strategic, and unlike most first person shooters, you can't just blow everyone to shreds. You need to keep ammo in mind, along with Health and the safety of you marine companions. You will die a lot in this game, and it can be very frustrating, but the feeling of achievement when you hit the next checkpoint makes up for it all. This game really really requires you to think. Also, it's very story driven, so it's almost like an interactive movie. This game is a must for everyone who loves video games.
Kid, 12 years old July 10, 2016

Cms is wrong this game is very cool there is no sex or language also third is learning in one part a troop saves master chiefs life so u learn to help your team

Teen, 14 years old Written bySnowcat01 July 5, 2016

Grand game for 11+

This is a good game in general, this reveiw comes from a 14 year old. The things most parents should worry about is blood, language, and violence. Blood is minimal, and its not red and only a spatter. Only way to get red blood is to shoot a teammate. Language isn't bad, it says hell and damn, and once condsending b****, but when b**** is said you cant understand it. Violence, trust me on is, its not bad. Theres assainations, they arn't graphic. Other than that not bad at all. There is cortana, she is a naked AI, before you say NO Because of cortana, shes isn't detailed. Go look her up if your worried. Shes a good character. Worst moment in it is when the didact shoots the ship with the composer. The characters get gold dust on them and layers of skin come off one by one. But this all happens in 2 seconds. It would take a eye to spot the muscle layer, muscle layer is fastest. I would rate it T, buts that just my opinon. Good for anyone who knows its fantasy and it should never be attempted in real life. Parents if you are stuck on getting it for them, get it and play it with them if your worried. Would rate 10/10. Its very cheap at gamestop, about 5 dollors. Grand game!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPikachuW June 27, 2016

Halo 4

Halo 4 is a 1st person shooter about killing aliens to save the human race.Too violent? It's not just killing innocent people that have no idea what's happening. Your fighting aliens that are trying to destroy the world and humanity! While there is violence it's the only way for you to get pass the aliens to get past, how are will you be able to talk and try do an agreement with the aliens when you can't even speak their language! With language there isn't to much except occasionally one pops up here and there but nothing too much. Halo 4 should really just be rated T for teen instead of M for Mature. -PikachuW
Teen, 13 years old Written byihasnogoodname June 11, 2016

Really not bad

I have been a fan of the halo series for quite a reasonable amount of time, and have played it to say there is almost nothing bad about this. The biggest concern is assassinations, which are slightly violent, but are ok in general. It is fun and appealed to me as a kid because it had the master chief in it and kids are attracted to this kind of stuff in general. There is very little blood, and it looks almost nothing like blood anyways. Communications online can be blocked easily.
Adult Written byHewitt June 8, 2016

Good

Great game
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2016

Even better than halo 3!

Wow, it looks so good but that adds to the violence factor, and also the marines can mildly swear, but the story line and graphics are magnificent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDan Da Man Dunk May 19, 2016

wonderfull

If your kid really wants a fps ( first person shooter) but u don't want them playing anything like cod, gears of war etc. Eny halo game is amazing little too no blood at all very fun split screen multiplayer. No gore at all. But in the campaign there is a little swearing like bast*rd, cr*p but nothing worse The story mode hade a good story and exciting moments but is probably as bad as it gets. Not saying it ever is that bad. I especially like the split screen where you can battle upto 4 players on the same tv. Great way to play with your kids. Halo 4 can get very competitive in the multiplayer with alot of people competing to rank up faster and get better etc. I have been playing halo for 5 years now and had great fun playing all the halo games with my brothers and my dad. As bad as the game ever gets though is the assassinations which is a epic style take down from behind which involves breaking necks and stabing people with a nice. But nun of these moves are heaps graphic and never involve blood and again its only if you punch them in the back will the assassination ever happen
Teen, 14 years old Written bybiovox14 May 9, 2016

This game is massively fun!

Ok so yea, this game has a few more explosions than Halo 3, but it is nonetheless, way less bloody with a lot less cursing. This is an amazing game and is by NO MEANS 18+. I highly advise you play this game if your a teen or adult!
Teen, 17 years old Written byxX-Viper-Xx May 3, 2016

Common Sense Media Is Soo Over Rated

I dont understand why people luv common sense media so much. This game is totaly apropreat for kids. Its frikin ci-fi. The blood looks like grape juice and its not even close being realistic. It's banning hary potter from the libraries at school, Its ubsurd that the kids rate for more mature than the parents. Pearsonaly, i think that parents are writting high reviews and making kids accounts just to right more their. I even saw the same comment on to simmalar accounts one kid and one parent. Just saying, never trust what people say about common sence media, exept for my comment of course.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykingjs3455 May 2, 2016

Really...

My mom let me and my 7 year old sister play this. The only bad word is the H word and is only said is once. there is a tiny squirt of blue/purple blood when you shoot a alien.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2016

Best Halo yet

This game is a dream shooting game for those who aren't allowed 18s. It is a 16, but shouldn't even be that. Yes, there is shooting, but language is out of this, there is only one lady in a bikini in the whole campaign, and the blood is unrealistic, so get this game!
Teen, 14 years old Written byCoolguy32 April 20, 2016

Great Game!

I think that Halo 4 is a really good game. Some parents say that it's too much for kids, but there is actually nothing wrong with it. Yes there may be some blood here and there but honestly, seems fine. Parents only concern is the shooting and how it might influence kids to grow up to be bad people. The game is about a all-powerful Spartan named master chief who wakes up on this ship that he has to escape from. This game may be rated M, but it is just an alien first-person shooter.
Adult Written byGeobil April 15, 2016

It acts like a rated T game

In first place this game is not as violent as Gears of War it shows Little blood its like Uncharted violent but not that violent the game acts like You are playing Star Wars so i don't know Why its rated M in my opinion its rated T