All member reviews for Halo 4

Master Chief returns in sci-fi battle that's more violent.

Learning

Kid, 12 years old October 22, 2013

goodly....

The only questionable theme in this game is mild violence and blood. Some of the blood is blue, and ithe game is not grotesque or gory. There is no bad language or anything.
Kid, 10 years old October 20, 2013

its fine

its just abit of blood and aliens so what its a great game master chief is a great role model its fun and positive its called a SHOOT EM UP wth ur suppose to kill stuff infact its pretty mild for a shooter I believe kids 9 and up should be playing this
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2013

Wow.

Really? Not for kids? Wow. This is hilarious, because this game is actually less violent than the previous Halos, as there is no flood, so gore is not a factor. I agree that there is sexual content, with cortana and all. It's stupid that they made her almost naked, just to throw in some eye candy. Well, here you go, another overrated game by Common Sense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMrPian0Man October 12, 2013

Halo Should Be Rated T for Teen.

The Game Is Great. EVERY game stop I go to when my mom asks if it is OK for my age the person working there says "It should be rated T" There is NO Blood in halo. and only Violence. You are a robot... that fights with high tech laser guns pretty much... WHY IS IT RATED M? I Don't Know! But It Should Be Rated T for Teen
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2013

I'm 11 so i am old enough to play :D And i am not saying this because i'm 11, It's just my opinion.

It's good for very mature tweens and up
Teen, 14 years old Written byLaxboy27 October 5, 2013

Ok This Is The Truth

Ok parents please read, I hope this will help you decide for your child. Ok first of all the, "NOT FOR KIDS" and "16 AND UP" things aren't true. I got, Halo reach when I was 10 or 9 and my parents didn't care. I'll start with the campaign first. The campaign can be played either split screen or online. There is hardly any blood in the story mode because you fight ALIENS not humans like call of duty or battlefield. The Aliens either spurt out blue, purple, or green blood or what I call it, "slime." Its not bad or anything. The only blood is when either you are shot (depends on how you die if they show blood) or if one of your fellow marines die. Honestly the game should be rated T. You hardly here any language in the campaign the d word might be heard or the s but no others really. Also the for violence if you get behing a enemy and hold down RB (for Xbox 360) you take out a knife it shows you graphically stabbing them in the stomach or head and kicking them off your knife. You also have to work very hard, even though there are checkpoints you still can lose a lot of progress and will have to repeat it over and over. Now for multiplayer. The worst thing in multiplayer is the actual players. They curse. usually if they win a tough game they will say offensive stuff, also if you kill them that could start a fire. Now also in multiplayer there is more blood, Although you can not see anyflesh features of the enemy such as face or so there still is some of the same reactions as call of duty. If you have a gun that fires bullets not lasers or so, you will see blood spurt out of them for as long as you shoot them (the worst and most graphic is with an automatic gun). The gun selection is pretty impressive and this will keep your child occupied if he is bored of other games. If you have a teenage son who wants this yet you think about it, you don't have to think, its not bad unless your completely against violence. Also you can create your own maps which is very fun to do but it is very hard to get what you want. Ok I hope you found this helpful. Halo 4 is a little more violent then the other ones in the series but it is well polished and I couldn't ask for anything else. I would recommend the age limit to 11 and up if you have a 10 year old just watch some gameplay, hopefully I will have some up soon also. Overall, Great game!
Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2013

great game for kids

halo is pretty good itself just kids need to be timed to not get crazy and stupid after playing 5 hours nonstop!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byPantherwolf September 23, 2013

Good game.

It is a violent game, but doesn't have much swearing. I perfer the game because I have been playing for about 4 yr now. But I think it is a good game for teens and adults!
Teen, 17 years old Written byThe arbiter September 16, 2013

A perfect game

This. Is an amazing game that is although violent, it is so well made that it never feels grotesque or excessive. This is a must have
Teen, 16 years old Written byrealist September 10, 2013

Get off common sense you overprotective parents

You are all overprotective parents who have better to do then rant about a game or movie that you have never even heard of. How is this game not for kids? There is literally nothing wrong with it and you parents just base your reviews off the rating. All of you can burn in hell and kiss my @$$
Kid, 6 years old September 8, 2013

An UMER MADE

This game is rated M. Well it should be T. There is no sex, drugs, language, or suggestive themes. Its only animated blood and violence.
Kid, 9 years old September 7, 2013

Great

This is a very great game. has an interesting storyline, though i do not think it should be rated M. it has the uses of h*ll, a*s, da*n, da*mit, b*stard, and b*tch. still a very entertaining game though.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2013

OK game! 11+

It's not anything like Common Sense says! (So mad at Common Sense for the "Not For Kids" rating!! (=>益<=)) This game might as well be rated T, the violence is no issue AT ALL, language is just as bad as anything they'll hear at school or on TV, it's disappointing though how they totally annihilated the entire feeling of HALO... This HALO was a let down... That's all I have to say, see you! ◕‿◕
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Great game

This is a great game but is a little bit violent
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2013

awesome

it shoundnt be teen
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

if its common sense media show us some fricken common sense

why the HHHEEELLLL COMMON SENSE i know some 7 year olds that can play games that I can't even play and this is not for kids. THE heck
Teen, 13 years old Written bySavageGoose6 August 10, 2013

awesome

this is honestly one of the best games i have ever played. the controls are awesome. and it is easy but still provides a challenge
Teen, 13 years old Written bybvgaming August 9, 2013

Amazing Game

This is a good game. There isn't too much blood or gore. The aliens bleed yellow and stuff that's not bad. Its an alien fantasy game its obviously not real. It's a lot better than Call of Duty in almost every way.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTommy141 July 31, 2013

Great game, fine for young teens!

Halo 4 is another great game in the halo series, and there is nothing too bad that should prevent people around 12 from playing it. There is one swear word that I can remember, and the violence is nothing bad (shoot aliens and they either just fall down or cartoonishly explode). I don't really know why it hasn't got a teen rating.
Kid, 12 years old July 30, 2013

Halo 4 should not be rated M

I am 12 and I have played just about every halo game. NONE of them should be rated M! there is minor language but nothing that we haven't heard before. the blood is small and its usually a weird color because your fighting aliens the whole game. if you would let your kid play a T-rated game then there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to play this game.