All member reviews for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary

Well-made but bloody overhaul of classic alien shooter.

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byhappy_cow August 13, 2012

AWESOME GAME

awesome game but not for young kids. Still if your kid is 12 and up he will love this game
Teen, 15 years old Written byVoiceOfTheVoiceless July 20, 2012

Great Game

I really don't know why this game is rated M. But this is my favorite shooter of all time. the violence isn't all that graphic and I've heard worse language in T rated games.. the story is great, and it's a great remake of the 2001 original.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXi Charmeleon March 14, 2012

Halo

this game is fine. I played this game when I was 8. It doesn't have that bad language and the blood is mild if at all. Halo is one of those borderline games. Is it teen? Is it mature? It should be teen
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2012

Good or maybe Bad

I think its okay but you have to know your kids they have to be mature enough.Kids need to know its just fake stuff they shoulden't get innaproprite words and say them in real life.The fake stuff is just that your shooting aliens not people kids should understand that like if aliens were real you would have to shoot them,but aliens are not real.Kids need to know about the weopons becase the guns in Halo aren't real they shoot stuff like crystals some people think they might make them in the future but at this time they arent real.
Adult Written byage 10+ February 26, 2012

Good but violent game

Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2012

Has an M rating that it does not deserve.

If you compare Halo Combat Evolved to other M rated shooters like Battlefield or Call Of Duty, it is mild at best. There is no bad language that I heard in the game, there is no mutilating limbs, and the killing is not realistic. The game did get a graphical upgrade and I must say, the graphics are amazing! The aliens aren't necessarily scary and there are no really freaky parts in the game. So what I think you should do is buy your kid this game, see if you're okay with it, and if you don't like it than just return it.
Kid, 11 years old February 15, 2012

This is a good game but not for younger ones or sensitive people.

Yet I am 12, I have/play Halo, this is odd for me to say but this is not appropriate for younger kids. I am trusted and aloud to play those games. But there is kind of alot of violence (More bloody than violent). There is also some strong language (F**k, S**t, D**n, A**, B**ch, Screw off, and other stuff like coward, stupid) Good game for 12+ but not for sensitive people or younger kids.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2012