All member reviews for Halo: Combat Evolved

This sci-fi shooter with loads of violent killing of aliens.

Kid, 12 years old August 11, 2011

Good game should be T.

Amazingly, I've just started playing this this week, but won't play it for a long time after that. My mom won't let me play anything rated M, regardless of why. Though, I can play it at a video game camp I'm going to. I haven't played singleplayer, but I've watched a few people play it, and I'v played multiplayer. My conclusion is:Violence should be there. Though, blood and gore should be switched to blood, and M to T. There's ALIEN GORE, and I guess because there was human blood, they turned it into blood and gore, and therefore M. The only human bleed there is, is whenever someone dies on multiplayer from pistol or assault rifle, there're blood splatters on the ground, but that's it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytwd333 August 9, 2011

Great sci-fi shooter for kids 13 and older.

This is a great game. Kids 13 and up can handle this game. There are hoards of enemies attacking almost non-stop. Many gun battles through out the game. A tiny bit of blood may spill from your opponents but it is not very bloody or gory.
Kid, 11 years old August 8, 2011

amazing game but violent

same amount of violence as halo 3. see my halo 3 review for contant
Teen, 15 years old Written byMrJunior81095 June 10, 2011

Amazing game

Very bloody and graphic and intense violence. The game has non stop blood. However, the blood can range to a number of different colors. Some enemies will fall apart and limbs will be chopped off. Blood gets smeared everywhere when anyone is shot. Gives Doom 3 a run for it's money in violence catagory.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLongshot May 29, 2011

This is a fine game.

When I read some of these comments most of them are lies and a buch of bull, this game is by far the best made game of our time (well our parents time and possibly ours?) and being the first Bungie didn't think of what would be acceptable and what wouldn't. Of course there are points where online can be bad but it's not required to play online and to all the people who think it's a cussing banzai run for this game appearantly you haven't heard of GTA seriously not okay. If you have a child who enjoys FPS's then you should let them try this and if they like it maybe let them graduate from halo to halo untill they get to Halo reach and if you (the parents) don't aggree well don't let them play.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJCK12 April 30, 2011
Halo is a great game for 17. the flood in this game is some sort of parasite that looks like a squid in a way.this game should only be played by 17 yr olds.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfangningsheng March 20, 2011

Great

The very first Halo game is still loads of fun to play. The single player is lengthy and engaging, and the multiplayer is just plain addictive. Expect bloody sci-fi violence and some mild swearing. Wounds are not visible when you shoot an alien or a human, only spattering blue or red blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTakedaIesyu March 1, 2011

Should be rerated

First of all, i would like to suggest this game be rerated. Nowadays, with the level of desensitization (ThrillKill was going to be rated AO, yet Postal 2 was rated M) this game deserves a T rating. The game in itself is very fun. The games creators use multiple things to lure players into the decent story. the game itself is very easy to learn and play. It has some blood, but the blood can be turned off on the PC.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHanumann February 7, 2011

Perfect for Older Kids

This game is absolutely fine for kids. There is no reason it should be rated M for Mature at all. I played it when I was 9, and I can tell you: there's just as much blood when you fall down in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater than there is in this game. It's very clear that you should only shoot the aliens, there's no type of gore at all, and the only marginally scary portions occur when fighting the flood.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2011

O.K Game

This game is more for ages 15 and up
Adult Written bymasterofthemovies January 24, 2011

fine by todays standards.

tame by todays comparison...
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011
Teen, 15 years old Written byawinnik January 15, 2011
i love the game and have played it multiple times. the game has received both a t and m rating and there are boxes with both rating on them. you can easily turn off the gore, the only concern is language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydeadpool117 January 13, 2011

HALO REVIEW

well i just have to say that if you have a son who wants to play this, let him, but first go to the options menu and turn decals of.decals takes away the blood which makes the game less violent.as for the languege.im prety sure kids have heard language thati worse than what is in this game at school.i have to cusins that are ten and under and play this game with me,however i turn the blood of just for thier sake.
Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2011

Halo

A popular starwars like video game their is blood cursing and shooting rated M
Kid, 8 years old December 29, 2010

its great

i love this game I also like halo wars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byArknot December 27, 2010
I think this game should not be rated M because if you think about it if there is a problem with BLUE blood then don't go into the real world
Teen, 17 years old Written byryan@atlantis November 25, 2010

A great pioneering game with a smattering of issues..

I personally love Halo: CE and recommend it to all of my friends who game. The scifi adventure is involving and exciting, and it achieves the perfect balance of story and actual gameplay. Heroism is a hugely predominant factor here, as virtually every human is selfless in their fight for humanity. If it were my kid, I wouldn't let him play until he was at least 14, since the violence can get intense very quickly and there are some swear words (thankfully no s-words or f-words) that I wouldn't want to be repeated. Overall, an expertly crafted game that set a standard most games are still catching up to.
Kid, 10 years old November 23, 2010

fine but not for kids

srgnmaj johnson smokes wars sweraring lots of blood and fires
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2010

Perfect for tweens and teenagers

BEST GAME EVAR!!!