All member reviews for Halo: Combat Evolved

This sci-fi shooter with loads of violent killing of aliens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymasterchief114 April 9, 2008

best game ever

amazing game. but 17+? it should be 13+
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheReaper13 April 9, 2008

13 plus...12 maybe...

I think this game is not as bad as some of the others out there. There is blood yes...but compared to the fact its blue blood and your shooting aliens trying to kill off the human race...i don't think its bad at all. The language is mild most of the time.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaptHalo1117 April 9, 2008

i put a good 30 hours into this game

this game is worth every cent a must have for 10+ great game and you can even turn of human blood so it looks like the alien blood which is colorful

It's Awsome

This game is totally rock on and rad but is extremly violent and I really shouldn't be playing it alone so my dad is here. It should be rated T.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written bypitpens9091 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byandreww April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDanielF April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byhalonerd April 9, 2008

Great Game

This is a very good game, quality game. Great graphics, amazing storyline with details, and not too gory. There is a little blood, yes, but the only time you ever see red (human) blood is when you are seriously injured, or you die, which happens rarely to decent players. It's all blue or purple blood, and you're fighting to defend the human race (a good cause). I see nothing wrong with this game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJacobJasonBob April 9, 2008

Halo 1

This game is not that bad. Their is violence, but the only violence is when you get hit by a bullet, or injured in any way. And the only thing that happens is you glow yellow...i mean come on. There is no blood, at least from what i have seen. And when you die, you fall down. That is it. I say that if you're 13 or older, you're okay! I mean seriously people grow up. Its not like grown-ups can protect their kids for ever. There going to see this stuff whether its in this game or on the news. And by the time your kid is 12, they're reading books about Vietnam and such in english any way so it actually doesn't matter.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySamuel April 9, 2008

A great game

Well this game had almost no blood that was actually human. Any blood that was in it was green or purple or a color lik that. It was a game that was violent yes but there wasnt any drugs alchol or cussing. This is defintlly not any worse thatn a call of duty, or medal of honor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCompu2224 April 9, 2008

Good game but treat it mautrly

I am 13 and i find this game to be great. I downloaded it off of XBLA and it is worth the 13$ and if you have played halo 3 you need to play this game. I tried playing this co-op with my friend (13yrs old) he kept commenting on the blood and kept looking for the blood, this is an immatuer way to play this game i do agree with the rateing because this game is intense, after battles their is alein blood every where, but if you are mature enough to handle this type of violence i recomend it, this game is much harder than halo 3
Teen, 14 years old Written byMC-117 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byThalfred April 9, 2008
Secual Content: None. Violence: Lots of shooting. I think that the reason CSM gave this an off rating was because of the blood. It isn't all that bad. It's just colorful goo. How is this off for a 17 year old? This stuff is only off for a 9 year old and lower. Language: Because an ample dose of minor swear words could possibly be iffy to a 17 year old. Again, they aren't going to be affected and teens will be able to handle it no sweat. Social Behavior: You kill things. Drugs: Well I suppose that if you ate the glowing blood you might possibly have some chance of getting high.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaster Chief - 117 April 9, 2008

A must play for any Teen (13 +)

The story in Halo is AMAZING! but it's no excuse for the violence, the way the flood looks (even I get scard easy by them if I'm playing it at night)and though it's not a big issue, the blood, violence: You can blow things up with grenades and Rocket lunchers, the best way to deal with The Flood is a Shotgun, and the bread and better weapon of the game is a Assault Rifle, and the game is pretty much just shooting thing or rung them down with a vehicle. The way The Flood looks: Not for kids (10-) nough said. The Blood: A bit much I even drain The Flood (by repetidly melee attacking them because the BEEPing Infection form keep bringing them back! OH! how I hate it when they do that. So, my point is Halo is a amazing game but for Teens only in my opinion.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjoedude April 9, 2008

good game

i know how there are rumors going around that this is a bad game. but it is not. this is one of the most popular games out there. parents i want you to look at it your selves. dont just look at the rating play it yourself. it is not that bad. compared to the games out like grand theft auto. this is a really good game. the second one has the laguage. this is commercialized alot. but it is a good game