All member reviews for Halo Wars

Teen, 13 years old Written byNinjablader9 October 27, 2011

Err..

Not a really great game. it reminds me more of chess than fighting but some people like that. And for the purpose that its more stategy there is less violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhalofreak October 8, 2010

i love it
Kid, 10 years old November 15, 2011

okay

one thing for parents would you rather command an and not see all whats going on down there or first person shooters that blast people to death tell me
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2010

perfect

it is so fun and i think it makes you plan for whats next
Teen, 13 years old Written bymeteorite01 July 26, 2009

there is only some violence, because you can only see blood in the cutscenes because you are to far away to see it when you are playing. Sure there will be a few bodies flying around, but that why its rated teen
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2009
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazySense April 21, 2009

Well made strategy game

Halo War's is a great game for both Halo fans and fans of strategy games. It takes place 30 years before the very first game, exploring the war between the UNSC Marines and Alien Covenant. It's also the first T rated game, as the violence is less graphic then the games released before. The game is actually kind of simple. There are different "slots" around the map that you can capture from computer controlled factions ((Human Rebels/Forerunner) and use to build bases. Then build buildings in more slots, using them to upgrade or build units. The campaign is pretty solid, with a decent plot and varied objectives. I cant say anything about the online game though, as I dont have it. Overall, a decent addition to the Halo franshice.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygriffinnub April 19, 2009

awsome game!!! :)

It is not a first person shooter it is more of a stratagy game which I personly like just because you have to think. Not the best graphics but still good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysniperking134 March 11, 2009

Hmmm...

This is a good game, only problem is that the games is not a first person shooter(FPS), it's a real time stratagy(RTS). Unless you like those kinds of games, don't get the game!
Kid, 12 years old January 30, 2015

Okay.......

Let's say your child ways Halo 4,Destiny or Halo Reach. You say no because 2 out of the 3 are rated M,and they are all violent. After researching,you find out there is a Teen Halo game. You think to yourself, "Now I can be happy and so can my child!!!Everybody wins!!" This is what happened in my family. I wanted Halo 4, and instead I was allowed to buy Halo Wars. Half excited, I popped it in my 360.I played the tutorial and first mission and I was like,"Yay!!!" But after that it just got REALLY CONFUSING and very boring. It is not a fun game, and I learned that the hard way.If your kid wants A DIFFERENT Halo game, they really are not too bad and after playing Halo 4 at my friend's house, they are easy(sort of). Or,try Destiny, a Teen game that is like Halo. I would give Halo Wars 3 stars. I would most likely not recommend it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams January 8, 2015

Amazing Halo game!

I've played Halo Wars several times, I enjoyed it very much. Great levels, awesome action, nice graphics, etc. GO HALO!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 17, 2014

cool game.

Finally a Halo game rated T by esrb.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysupergojira2001 October 23, 2014

Appropriate for all people.

Everything is from a birds eye view, so there's no gore but there is blood (which shouldn't be a problem because there's blood in real life). It might be too complex for kids under 8 or 9.
Teen, 16 years old Written byI_love_halo June 4, 2014

Personally I'm an adult and I think it's for nine-year-olds

This game is fun and learn leadership on how to follow others to get great stuff completed A bunch of leadership skills and how to learn to let people follow you and trust you
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2014

halo rocks

its only pg 10 year olds should be allowed to play it!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhaloman731 January 7, 2014

Halo Wars

Great game. Sargent Forge swears ONE time in the beginning of campaign. Third-person game. Some violence, no drugs, etc. The basic object of the game is to build a base (skirmish) vs. AI and in campaign you just follow orders. No bad things. GREAT FOR KIDS 10+
Teen, 13 years old Written byDark Shadow5301 November 27, 2013

WHAT??!!

common sense rated this 13+! *facepalm*
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2013

Halo wars is a strategy game

Having beat the game myself I think it is ok for kids as young 11 because it is 3rd person and hardly graphical, meaning you can't see virtually any gore or blood. The game it self is about building bases and rallying and making vehicles and troops and attacking the enemy bases and soldiers. It has many different maps and vehicle and troop upgrades. this is a very strategic game designed to make you think and plan different strategies of defense and attack.
Kid, 11 years old July 14, 2013

halo wars

a great game no blood due to you are two far away to see blood. thear are dead bods being flung around but thats about it. a realy good game.
Kid, 9 years old April 27, 2013