All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1

Teen, 16 years old Written byRustyGirl September 7, 2011

Know Your Kid

If you've enjoyed the previous Harry Potter games, I suggest renting this one before buying. In the previous games real duels were few and far between. In the DH1 game, however, there is a fight around every corner. The sense of structure and story has been lost somewhat and replaced by an almost Call of Duty style gaming experience. The game starts with the seven Harrys chase scene, where you learn to aim and cast spells while being chased by Death Eaters on brooms, and eventually Lord Voldemort. You have to stun Death Eaters, therefore making them fall from their brooms, to get past the first stage. The game is very diffcult, even on easy. So far I've had to refer to walkthroughs three times to figure out what I was supposed to do to get past a level - most of the time it's not really that straight-forward and it's easy to, say, try to fight your way out when you should be going into stealth mode, dying multiple times over an extended period of time and simply getting frustrated. You not only have to fight Death Eaters and Snatchers, but a range of other enemies - Acromantula (giant spiders) and Doxies (flying pixie-like creatures with extra arms, fur and poisonous fangs), I've found, are the easiest to fight. You'll face dragons (I must ask, why are there Hungarian Horntails in Britain? A Welsh Green would have been just fine), Dementors, Nagini, the horcrux inside the locket, and even inferi (human corpses controlled by dark magic, hardest for me to fight and also actually look like corpses). Game situations include many muggle-born rescues, ambushes on Harry, and escape from various places, each often with a large army of Death Eaters and/or Snatchers, as well as dangerous magical creatures in many cases. Some parts can be scary, and they certainly got my adrenaline pumping. However, I did find the game enjoyable.
Kid, 9 years old January 8, 2011

rent-before-buy game

appropriate for 8+ i would say but its a little hard i say rent before buy
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 22, 2011

Ugh this game isn't my fav HP game its hard to play the graphics are horrible waste of money....
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

The Violence is a Joke

The violence is a joke for a T rated game, so I personally think there's no need to wait until the right age.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMakeVIew_2,5,9 July 10, 2011

not good

gets boring very much espically with the kinect better on regular controller or move but still pretty boring no replay value and bad cutscence but some excetting moments
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2011

terrible

very bad controls, terrible graphics and cutscenes, but good voicing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 6, 2011

this game is so fun!!!! next to game 2 & 3!
Kid, 10 years old February 11, 2011

Great game

It's a very good game. At the start there is knocking people of brooms. People fire spells at others. Language such as 'p---y'.
Kid, 11 years old January 30, 2011

there is some battless that u could lose and you would die and it would say start over
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2011

GRET BOOK MOVIE AND HARD

THIS GAME IT CAN GET A LIL HARD IT ALL SO CAME WITH THE KINECT ITS SO HARD AND I LOVE HARRY POTTER ITS FUN AND HARD ITS SO VERY GOOD AND CHALLANGE
Kid, 11 years old January 20, 2011

Ok

i don't get why it says it's for 13+ it's good for kids no doubt about it
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2010

One of those Games that really has a Mistake Rating

This is the kind of games that really aren't mean to be T rated. I think that it really bases on how mature kids are in order to handle and view this kind of game. I have to say myself, not a lot of things scare me. But when you have the lights out, sitting on the floor, basically mezmorized at the TV it get's a little scary. Although it isn't as detailed as the movie (which is a good thing because some parts are really scary in the movie), it's still really fun! I have to say myself, it's really addicting! So far, at the part I'm at there hasn't been a lot of violence, all you really have to do is defeat the deatheaters (which are actually regular wizards). It really is similar to the movie becuase some parts of the game are clips. It's recommended that if you aren't really 12 yet that you might want to have adult supervision!
Kid, 10 years old December 25, 2010

Awesome

I just got it for Christmas and its awesome.