All member reviews for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Cast magic with a Wii remote in best Potter yet.

Adult Written bynapple April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2009
Alright game i think that they could have improved it by making spells easier. I reccomend not getting unless you really like a challenge it is not clear at all to know what you do in the game.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCalimom April 9, 2008

A joy for wand-wielders everywhere

I bought this for my kids and also have played through 80% of the game myself. We've enjoyed the PC versions of Harry Potter. The big attraction with this Wii version is the ablity to actually cast spells using the remote as a wand. If your 9+ child enjoys Harry Potter, they'll love this game just for all that wand waving. Younger kids may have trouble with the coordination and the level of logic and thought that's required to complete this game. There are very few battle sequences and you "win" when the other characters fall down. No blood, no contact. Not particularly "violent" to me. There are mini-games and puzzles that kids will enjoy along the way. Because the game is non-linear, players can do as much or as little as they want. Some kids might enjoy just walking around. Now my negative thoughts. As part of the background action, students are walking around all over Hogwarts and you can hear them talking. The Slytherins are relentless in their insults. Frankly, as a mom, I get really tired of hearing voices coming out of my tv saying over and over "can he look any more stupid?" There are *lots* of these, so you might want to talk with your kids about what is and is not acceptable. The put-downs really wear me out. Another issue I have is actually a bit ironic. The game ony allows for 3 saved games at a time. So if you have more than 3 kids that want to play, one will have to wait (maybe weeks, depending on how fast your other players complete the game). I can't understand why EA would do this, except I was tempted to get another copy for our family.
Kid, 9 years old January 3, 2012

Horrible game for Wii. Can be hard for young kids.... Too expensive.. don't bother
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Good Rating

There is some violence in the game, so I think E10+ is a good rating.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySuper Hero Movie Fan March 20, 2010
A lot of fighting
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009

Not Impressed

I thoguht it was horrible on the Nintendo DS and the PSP.
Adult Written byAnitaBrooke July 26, 2009

Perfet for Older Kids at Heart And Harry Potter Fans

i love it its just hard to move the wand in the exact way they want you to!!!
Kid, 9 years old June 27, 2014

Hogwarts, dueling, and detailed world. What more for a Potter fan like me can ask?

I like this game because you get so deep into Hogwarts, which you can't do in the movies. Like when you think, I wonder how Muggle Studies is like, and all you see is the trio walking out of it. You can experience it for yourself. The one downside is that the character's dialog is over dramatic. Like in Umbridge' s classroom. She says "Who would ever attack children such a yourselves?" And Harry SCREAMS "I DON'T KNOW, MAYBE VOLDEMORT!!" And she says "Detention, Mr. Potter!!" And when Hermione says to fire a spell, she says it in a happy tone, unless it's a really important battle, which she matches the right tone. Also, some characters don't sound like the real characters. Overall, 4 1/2 stars. G
Teen, 16 years old Written bysaibhandari April 21, 2014

This game is alright, but the first three games (for PC) were a thousand times better. However, this is a definite improvement from the tragic failure of the Goblet of Fire video game. I found that some controls didn't work as well, so that made it difficult to play and thus difficult to enjoy to the maximum.
Parent Written byvoldamort January 17, 2013

bv c

Parent of a 17 year old Written byJay1127 May 10, 2011

I love it, and I would say about all ages 8+ could play this. Now I don't even like Harry Potter, but I LOVE the video game(s)!!!!
Adult Written byTommy from NY October 8, 2010

Good game for Ages 8-9+!

This game is great for many ages, because their is a bit of 'fake' violence, where people are just knocked unconscious. Also, their are positive messages. For example, Harry's friends want to go into the face of danger to help him. This is a good Harry Potter fan game.
Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2010

Don't waste your time! Deserves E rating!

Terrible game. All you do is walk around Hogwarts and complete random, boring tasks, an an irresponsive spell casting system makes most of these tasks impossible to complete. Only notable content is mild, unrealistic violence in the only battle sequence, and a sad death.
Kid, 9 years old August 10, 2009

good for 8 and up

this game is very fun and gives you lots of exercise,PLAY IT.
Kid, 11 years old February 13, 2009
Parent of a 18+ year old Written bydesdal January 19, 2009
Adult Written bydrstfx24 April 9, 2008
this is more for a little bit more mature group and not such children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKevinYoung April 9, 2008