Kid reviews for Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness

Plodding farming sim that's more work than fun.

Based on 1 review

Teen, 17 years old Written byAugustyne17 September 17, 2009

Perfect for Kids 6+

I liked and disliked it. It wasn't like any normal harvest moon I've played were you are able to use the D-pad. You can't use it. I bought it thinking it would be fun and it is but it's a little difficult because your hand gets tired pointing and tapping the DS screen over and over again. I liked the older versions where you could use the D-pad to do something now it is just Tap this Tap that. But other than that this game is fun. It tells children work is fun and you should take responsibility in your crops. You should care for the land. No littering and such things like that, etc. In my opinion it teaches you to respect the earth and all that it does. There is not any violence in this game. It is as I would put it "Child Friendly". So that will be a plus among parents. If your child buys this game warn them it will be hard work to play and they may not want to buy it, at this moment! It gets tiring after awhile and then you tend to wish you had bought a different game but then you start playing again and realize actually this is fun. . .Its a really big cycle but the outcome, just keep playing. Eventually you will be enjoying the game so much you can't even put it down, hehe like me. I'm playing it now!

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2009

Good for all ages

Now 2 year olds might not be able to understand how to play but it basicly is a kid friendly game.

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old December 20, 2008

I LOVE IT!!!!

Harvest Moon is my favorite game brand. This one is cool because, its the only one on DS that lets you chose to be a boy or a girl. All and all, ITS AWESOME!