Online world where kids become heroes by combating bullying.

Kid, 9 years old November 27, 2011

Only stayed for 1 day

Sigh, boring.
Parent of a 8, 10, and 14 year old Written byIamASafeOne April 7, 2013

HeroTopia

My kids all think this is boring. So I remove one star, There is temptaions of memberships, so Consumerism sign. My 10 year old and 14 year old don't know how to complete the first mission. I don't think there is any dating , bullying, or name-calling. I see they have a variety of games, and your superhero can have any power they want. I have heard no issues of hacking either. I like how their enemies are ''bullies" so it shows to never be a bully! Positive message!
Parent of an infant, 3, 9, 10, and 17 year old Written byMyNameIsBeaver April 20, 2013

Booooo

Ew the animation is ugly in their games, they have no other superhero outfits, so my kids confuse another superhero with theirs, other kids can look at how much money they have, friends, and level. My kids feel uncomfortable because of that, so I want them to at least have the option to remove the money and or friends. They don't find this fun because they can't chat freely, send postcards telling tohers what they do want to say, actually fight enemies, or have all kinds of superhero powers and gadgets without getting membership. They quit after a day of playing, Copies games like Moshi Monsters and Panfu.
Kid, 8 years old February 12, 2015

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Everyone should know that herotopia is a really fun game and parants, please do not worry about it because it has lots of education in it. Remember one thing, it is epic!
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2014

Iffy

This game is okay, but not that great. I signed up because I saw an ad on my favorite T.V. Channel (Disney X.D.) during a movie. I had heard of Herotopia before, but never signed up. When you start, they give you tips. I rescued a Smighty, but it takes 11 HOURS to hatch from an icecube. This game is disappointing because the games to earn tokens are no fun (the ones I've tried) and most the stuff in the shops (if your not a member) YOU CANNOT BUY! I probably will never go back on Herotopia. I just want to say that safety online is very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written byslyfox432 October 8, 2013

Excellent game! No concerns!

This game is overall awesome! Messages are really good, teaches you how to stand up to bullying. Most of the people on Herotopia are kind and understanding role models. There is no violence ( unless you call standing up for bullies violence ). It is very nice to play and easy! It's 100% safe and secure. I reccomend this for kids 6 and up to understand the game really well! It's also great for younger kids, but parent supervision is obviously required.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bybassano226 February 21, 2014

Best game for kids

My children have played many games and Herotopia is their favorite and mine too. This is the ONLY game out there that has positive messaging and is fun. My kids love that they are the heroes of this game. And they like the learning aspect too. I appreciate that the chat menus are pre-programmed. I highly recommend it to parents.
Parent of a 8, 8, and 9 year old Written byOhHeyGirlll June 3, 2013

Great

HeroTopia is a cute safe game, there is no way kids could pass the filters and swear! You can be a boy, girl or even, a BABY! How cute :) Anyways, you can go all around the world and buy cool furniture for your secret hideout, You can design your secret hideout freely and act like a real superhero! You can learn interesting facts about a country, gain superpowers, and take care of cute pets. I just think that it's choppy and slow, and one of my kids thinks it's for babies, but the majority loves it, so 4 stars!
Adult Written byZoey B November 13, 2015

Herotopia Review

Herotopia is a game aimed at 5-10 year olds. The game's main focus is being a hero and solving missions. When you first sign up you have the chance of your avatar being a girl, boy or a baby. The game has excellent educational value and safety. There is absolutely no way a child can get through the safety system, and the games help you to earn coins to buy outfits and accessories for your hero. The games are great for learning, they teach about geography, history and general knowledge and give fun little facts to learn. Though, my child did find the website to be quite boring after 20 minutes and didn't want to log in after a day or two. The missions are quite simple, click this and click that, the site seems to be quite empty, there isn't that much to do though membership is cheap it is not worth it as the site has not many things available. Overall very good for learning about our world, but children will not be tempted to log in as the site is boring.
Kid, 10 years old October 16, 2015

Terrible site! I've seen better

When I saw this on TV, I thought, "Hey, a new virtual world. It could be fun!" But I was wrong. There was NO free chat at all, and in this game where you throw bananas at bullies, some of the boys would pull down their pants and show their underwear. (Too sexual) Also, the game where you whack bullies on their head is too violent for younger kids. And the membership for 12 and 6 months is way too overpriced! (Too much consumerism) I stopped playing this because it was boring and useless. I hate this site and I hope you take my advice and NOT PLAY IT!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhuman1371 March 19, 2015

I've Seen Worse

There isn't that much to do. A good majority of the things you can do on the site require you to pay money for membership. For you to get your character more clothes or decorate the virtual house and not get really annoyed at the lack of options, you'd have to buy the membership. The stuff the game uses as "fun facts" and as their challenges are for a very specific age group. If you or your kid is actually at a fairly good school, and not six and under in age, the entire thing should be easy. I would suggest actually using this game if you like the feeling you get when you win something or if you can buy the membership.
Kid, 7 years old May 19, 2014