All member reviews for Injustice: Gods Among Us

Teen, 14 years old Written byGaberdoodle May 3, 2013

Great Fighting Game for 14+ with Blood, Mild Swearing

Injustice: Gods Among Us is a perfect fighting game for anyone who is into superheroes or into intense fighting games. The campaign in the game was fun, but did have mild swearing, like "h***", "d**n", "a**" and sometimes "s***". Along with the swearing, some of the cut scenes were fairly intense, with bombs exploding, guns being shot, and people getting thrown everywhere. The fighting does have blood, and a lot of it, too. As you fight, blood will spray everywhere, which may be a little much for younger audiences. Also, the scenes where your player comes into the arena are a little frightening, like when the Joker holds a bloody, eyeless officer and pretending that its a puppet show. I'm 14, and it sort made me sick when I saw it. There are a lot of weapons like guns, knifes, swords, etc. which are used especially in a "super" where you pull of great combos, but at the same time are extremely violent. Overall, this game is a great fighting game for anyone 14+, as long as they are okay with blood and mild swearing.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySithLordBeast April 26, 2013

buy it

Injustice: Gods among us mixes superheroes and awesome fighting game mechanics to create a really cool game. The graphics are good, the gameplay is smooth, and the game is overall really fun. This game takes a 2-D fighting game to a new level by making you able to interact with objects in the stage (for example, hitting a certain button while next to a dumpster will make your character take the dumpster and slam it against his opponent). It also includes a decent single player campaign mode, and mini games/side missions for every character. This game is also pretty easy to learn too, and you dont have to be a fighting game expert to be able to play. However, this game is rated "T" for a reason. Characters constantly pummel each other in an exaggerated way, and it is still pretty violent. You can punch, kick, stab, shoot, and slash your opponent. In a special move, Deathstroke takes out a sword and stabs it through his opponent while then going on to shoot him up with two machine guns. During a level transition, the character falls through the air and a demon-like monster comes out of the air and biting the person's neck, causing a spray of blood to be released. Also, when a character is hit with an attack, a small/moderate amount of red blood spurts out and hangs in the air for a half a second. Before a battle during Joker's entrance, Joker holds up a dead (slightly bloodied) police officers head to the camera and makes a joke about it. The violence and destruction is non-stop but it is over the top (such as doomsday pounding his enemy through the earth and back). Language is moderate and comes 90% in the story mode including two uses of sh--. one use of b-stard, at least one use of a--, about a half dozen uses of h-ll, and about 6-10 uses of d-mn. Green Lantern also uses d-mn sometimes while fighting his opponent. Also, in one part of the story mode, a wall in the background says "F#@K SUPERMAN" but it's kinda hard to see and only gets about 5 seconds of screen time. Some female characters such as killer frost, wonder woman, and harley quinn wear clothing that is somewhat revealing around their chest area, but it's not too showy. And, in one map, a building has a sign on it that says "live nudes". This game could have been rated M if there had been more blood and the blood had stained the environment, but I think a T rating is appropriate. Overall, this game is a really fun and well thought out fighting game that is great for fighting game lovers, DC lovers, and pretty much anyone (I have no other fighting games and am not a DC fanboy, although I love batman). Ages 11 up should be able to get this because the violence is not quite as bad as batman arkham city and the language isnt too harsh or frequent. Overall a 9/10 rating.
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2013

yay MK

this is a great game with a short story but many many many other modes to it so addicting
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2013

great game

there are one or two questonable words otherwise great multiplayer figting game
Teen, 16 years old Written bygigapins June 26, 2013

Fun game

Injustice is probably one of the most enjoyable fighting games I've played in recent memory, and considering I'm not a big fan of the genre (any I own are pretty much reserved for parties and sleepovers except for rare occasions) that's saying a lot for me. Gameplay is great, there isn't really much to be said about it - tons of fun and I love the variations between characters. The story is on the more over-the-top, ridiculous side of things with alternate universes and an evil dictator Superman, but I suppose it doesn't really matter. They did find an excuse for how all the characters they included could actually fight each other without some of them just losing right away. I mean, Superman vs. pretty much anyone. Really. It should be fine for most 11 year olds depending how mature they are. Violence is a given and language is pretty mild. It's best not to let younger kids play online in any game, really, so hopefully that isn't a problem. Overall, I think this is a must-play for any fighting game and/or DC fans and then some.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 24, 2013

It's an age appropriate Mortal Kombat

Okay, common sense media should chill out. This game is not that inappropriate. It has some fighting, but so what it has small amount of blood, but nothing compared to Mortal Kombat. It is like an age appropriate MK. It has violence, but nothing compared to MK, so I think 6 & up could handle it. It does have a strip club building in the background, but you can't enter or see in it. Some of the girls outfits are skimpy, but no nudity. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Intense Stylized Comical Violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymaxjamiest May 15, 2013

Good for 10 year olds and up.

I think its good enough for 10 year olds to handle.
Kid, 7 years old December 29, 2013

a okay game

it is a very good game and i got all the updates and i got almost the best characters so i got far in the game and i worked so hard and i got all of my good characters 30 level ups and they still beat me up and i only play injustice on the iphone and there is no blood there is only blood when you start the game you can skip it because it is a video and i got almost the best characters because i paid 50 dollars for 600 thousand credits credits mean money in the game actully my dad paid so i am lucky and do you know injustice is free on the iphone ipad or any tablet
Kid, 8 years old October 19, 2013

Injustice Gods Among Us

this game is epic!i beat it before and it has amazing gameplay!there is a lot of blood,but the characters are super heroes!all of the kids are watching super hero movies and reading super hero comics!
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

get ios version not as violent

injustice isnt as bad on the ios than the xox or ps3 version.the ios one doesnt have blood, nor swearing.there are lots of weapons and beating each other up but no blood.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 2, 2013

Most violent T game out there.

This games violence is extremely over the top. Characters super powered abilities make up for the excuse of existential, and continues mayhem, destruction, and bloodless hand to hand combat. Extremely brutal for a Teen rated game, characters stabbed, shot, and thrown through the map with very destructive environmental mayhem. Buildings fall down, and at least millions of dollars of collateral damage is done, throughout the whole game. But its especially brutal when the characters perform there super moves, stabbing, bashing, shooting, explosions, laser beams, crowbars, rocket launchers, and hard bone breaking hits to the face, head, chest, and includes characters even being punched into the stratosphere and hit back down with explosive force (cough cough superman), characters are thrown through the moon, buildings, and much much more.
Kid, 11 years old May 24, 2013

INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US

it is very awesome, but there is blood and swearing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 August 25, 2013

Ehh

It's pretty good. But it seemed like they overviolenced the game. I mean it seems it can do without the blood and breaking limbs. It seems like they just added extra violence that just isn't necessary. It kinda makes the characters seem like they have a thirst for blood which they really aren't supposed to.
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2013

You've seen Mortal Kombat....Hello Injustice!

Injustice is another typical game made by netherealm. No free roam in story mode and a 2d arena. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the game, however it can quickly get boring once story mode is completed. And on story mode, the cut scenes do the talking and explanation while you play fight after fight after fight. TUT TUT TUT! The characters are each unique and fun in their own ways. There is a wide range of character's ranging from over 20 playables. There is blood but very little. However, if you were taking a major beating during a fight your clothing will start to tear and patches will reveal your insides due to a severe attack. The graphics are well done and so are the moves each character preforms. Also there is a S.T.A.R labs mission mode which requires you to preform puzzles and tasks. The missions sometimes require you to fight non playable characters such as Two-Face and Martian Manhunter. The game is new (released late April 2013) but contains mild violence, no swearing and no drugs, alcohol or smoking.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2013

Basically a DC version of Mortal Kombat

This game was created by Netherealms Studios, the makers of Mortal Kombat, so expect so blood and brutal finishing moves. However, in this game no one gets killed in the fights(some characters do die brutal deaths in the cutscenes;the Joker gets his heart ripped out). There is some language and scantily clad women, but the main problem is the violence and blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byM.P.L.S. April 6, 2015

grate but not for kids

SUPER FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it has some blood and over all its over the top. especially with the joker, lobo, and superman`s supers...
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSpoiler March 24, 2015

BEST FIGHTING GAME EVER!!!!

This game is amazing!! Seriously!! However, it is NOT for younger kids. - Violence: Characters beat the living crap out of each other in brutal ways. Some special moves (like Superman's) are unrealistically and hilariously brutal. Others (like Deathstroke's) are realistic and cringeworthy. Certain attacks cause unrealistic looking blood to spray out. After matches, characters have large wounds and chunks of flesh missing. - Sex: Most of the female characters wear EXTREMELY skimpy costumes. The Gotham Alley stage has a strip-club in the background with a silhouette and a pole-dancer. There's also some light flirting. - Language: 2 uses of s--t and other language in story mode. A vaguely hard to read "F--k Superman" in Joker's Asylum (Mess Hall), and a censored out middle finger from Lobo. - Overall, this game is NOT FOR YOUNG KIDS, but freaking amazing for teens and adults. So much fun!!
Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2015

super awsome

its a bit violent for somekids
Teen, 14 years old Written byluna2211 February 15, 2015

LEARNING

Mortal Combat with DC characters. (Spoiler Alert!!)

I haven't actually played Mortal Combat, but I've heard a lot about it and they are from the same developer. You can even pay to play as Scorpion! All the actual gameplay is fighting and the cutscenes tell the story for you. Green Arrow has a dirty mouth. He says the a-word and the s-word. You can adjust the difficulty settings to make it easier or harder, but it is a hard game. Superman kills Lex Luthor and Shazam. Really dark in some places and not for people under the age of 12.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBknight006 January 31, 2015

Good Game, But...

When it says it's a good game, it isn't lying- I thoroughly enjoyed the campaign and the non-canonical battles. However, they stretch- or rather, compress the truth about the blood. There's more than a little- it bursts out regardless of the strength of the attack. There's more blood than most First Person Shooters, including Call of Duty and Battlefield, which are both known for gritty campaigns. I'm not a huge fan of the fighting genre anyway- I'm more of an FPS gamer, as I hinted at earlier- but this game was mediocre after playing it for a couple of months. Combined with the unrealistic amount of blood (then again, it's made by the devs of Mortal Kombat, so what do you expect), and you've got yourself a game that isn't remotely kid-friendly. The language, though, is fairly inconsequential- most kids will have heard more swearing by the age of 12 than they would ever hear playing this game. Part of me wonders why ESRB even takes language into account anymore.