All member reviews for Jak II

Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

10 or 11+

Very fun, VERY HARD. The girls in the games arent wearing the cleanest clothes, but nothing like Britney Spears. Jake does go to a bar to get an assignment but no drinking. When they go to the bar the bartender tells Daxter to be quiet and he looks at her breasts.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Fun

This game is very fun, but it is also hard. It is fun to steal cars and drive over the bad guys!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJakGLaDOS29 July 18, 2015

Very Hard, but Very Good

This game is great, one of my favourites. And it is EXTREMELY difficult (much frustration). It is suitable for kids seeing that there is no blood but some mature themes make it rather innappropiate for younger players. Some swearing, guns, no blood, one sexual reference, but compared to the first game, this game is way different and is targeted toward teens. But most of the elements will sail over younger players' heads.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjacobkolstad March 6, 2015

Well written, but violent

While the first Jak & Daxter game featured a bright world with positive characters, Jak II is the opposite. The main character Jak is victim for the "Dark Warrior Program", which exposes him to a mineral known as "Dark Eco". After this, Jak gains uncontrolled power when he collects Dark Eco crystals. While trying to take revenge on the dictator of Haven City, Jak also helps out citizens in need. For example he saves a kid who were about to be executed for no apparent reason. It should also be noted that the player can - and most likely will through the game - kill civilian citizens and/or throw them out of their own car and steal it. No blood or gore, all killed enemies or characters vanishes into dust when killed. Players also has a tendency to start street wars with the local police forces, the Krimzon Guard, such wars can't go without civilian losses either. Jak uses four different guns and innumerable combos involving guns and fists to kill his enemies. Several characters also frequently uses curse words, though not of the sexual type, and sidekick Daxter has a pervert mind, which is shown frequently in cutscenes (small in-game movies). In one cutscene, Daxter offers "help" in a bar and throws a lot of bottles around, drinking from some, this obviously makes him drunk. This scene is mostly for comical relief as Jak is just about to be sent out on an not-so-comical mission. The controls are easy to get into and understand, and the player is led through a simple tutorial at the beginning of the game. Overall, "Jak II: Renegade" is a game worth playing, with a dark, but well-written story about revenge and hate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjulius beetroot November 21, 2011

This is a great game for tweens+

I thought this game was awesome! Jak has a temper, but the game has good messages overall. It is a third person shooter, and you can go around randomly taking everyone out. However, this isn't the goal of the game, and it doesn't really go along with Jak's character. I beat this game, then started a new one because I loved it so much!
Teen, 14 years old Written byDib Ship June 8, 2010

not even an issue

this game is not an issue for anyone above 11. They say "d*mn" a lot, b*st*rd once, and "*ss" a few times. nothing else, really.
Kid, 9 years old September 3, 2009

guns. ships. dark eco=fun!!!

This game is a very awesome game that makes you love the jak games.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBloody Gorgeous February 1, 2009

My favourite PS2 Game Ever!!

I agree with the other dude. This Game has Amazing graphics and is Probably one of the best PS2 games out there. The story line is amazing, the 'missions' are crazy fun, and its really entertaining. I must admit, there are some freaking hard missions. Let me remind you, this game will be just as good for a guy as for a girl. I am a girl I thought it was bad a**. Not the old shoot shoot bang bang junk like Medal of Honor and Bad Company and other games like that. Its way better than the first game 'Jak and Daxter'. You have to play it. This game is totally age apropriate except for the guns which aren't really a bad issue. Killer Game!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDestructive_Inn... April 9, 2008

a must play game

this game is a kick a** game if i say so myself so what if you hit people this is an excellent game
Teen, 17 years old Written bySam_Fisher April 9, 2008

Jak II is easily one of the best games on the Playstation 2 (at least in my opinion). It's colorful, graphically stunning, long, challenging, engaging, and fun. The story continues from The Precursor Legacy with Jak and Co. warped 200 years (I think) into the future, and having to deal with the tyrannical leader of Haven City. Jak has become embodied with the "evil magic" of the world, Dark Eco, and can utilize these powers against the bad guys. The story is definitely more mature than before, and also more engaging, with plenty of good twists to keep things interesting. The game plays out like GTA, where you wonder a large city (sometimes a little too large) and get missions from different characters. The game will last you quite a bit longer than most other games today, typically at 15 to 18 hours, and it's challenging. Very challenging. I would recommend only teens and veteran gamers for that reason alone. There are a few moral debunks, such as language (even though ESRB says otherwise, it's actually a little worse than in Jak 3) and a few immodestly dressed women, not to mention the (blood-free) violence, but mature pre-teens and teens should be fine.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

the best jak and daxter so far!

i think this game is great for 11+