All member reviews for JumpStart 3D Virtual World

Online learning game set in a big open world is a cut above.

Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bydadofmace October 16, 2009

Nothing else quite matches the amount of content and quality.

This review is so far just for the downloadable content (not the full on online world). This is only for the downloadable games (which are free with membership) or can be purchased as two packs at retail. My three year old quickly beat the pre-school (My First Adventure) and is now doing the Kindegarten where he is having a good time and can handle about 1/2 of the material. My 6 year old is on the First grade (Trouble in Troubletown or something) and this is a good tool for him. I'm amazed at what he can do. A word of warning regarding this product. Some of the learning games can get very repetitive and in order to collect the gems you have to do them sometimes up to 6 times in a row to get the gem. This is frustrating to my 6 year old. There are other complaints about this product I have, but really, how many PC products out there even get close to level of presentation, updates, fun, edutainment, exploration, artwork? None. It's definately worth a couple months membership if you have kids who like computer games.
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bybrittu May 18, 2010

Fun but could be more education and could support dual play

My boys (5 and 7) are really enjoying Jumpstart World. They've been thrilled with the new dragon training feature. I don't mind them playing but there are two things I think could really be better. First, I don't think it's as educational as it could be. Training a dragon is fun but there's really nothing to it in terms of math or reading. It's not even close to the educational quality provided by a site like Dreambox Math. Second, they can't play together. While not at all educational, something I enjoy about the Lego series or Scooby Doo Wii is that they can play together. With Jumpstart they just take turns with my older son most often getting more time to play. I think it's good but for the money I think it could be more.
Kid, 12 years old May 28, 2011

The best ever game LOL

Its awesome
Parent Written byblakelymay July 19, 2012

Awful customer service-just trying to take your money

I signed up for a membership for my 6 year old son. He played a few times, but eventually lost interest. I emailed them to cancel my membership and they replied that my account was a free membership. Meanwhile I was getting charged 7.99 per month. I tried calling to explain that my membership was still being charged and the man on the phone was extremely rude and belittling. He explained to me that the account email I gave him was not linked to any paid membership. This was not what was said in the email Jumpstart had sent me. He then rudely said "Well, OBVIOUSLY it means you sent us the wrong account name" The email never stated this. He then said very shortly that we would have to call back with the credit card number that was being charged. Being charged for a year, I expect better customer service. They are just trying to take your money by not explaining cancellation issues in detail.
Parent of a 3, 5, and 5 year old Written bypucktricks May 6, 2010

Great game for learning early computer skills

My boys love it and play it as often as I'll let them. I rated it for 4+ just because of control issues for being able to play by yourself, but if your kids are more apt at computers than mine were than they'll be able to play younger than mine. My kids favorite game right now is the calendar game to put together.
Parent of a 3, 8, and 11 year old Written byhomeofplay December 1, 2013

Amazing, intense graphics, NOT boring, and what parents love: safety!

My daughters (ages newly 11, 8, and 3) don't really use technology but when they do they love playing Jumpstart! It's amazing, safe, and doesn't ever get boring!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byGmom2 April 19, 2010

Fun, but not as educational as it claims

We've used a lot of the jump start products so we were very excited to find jumpstart online. My 5 year old son LOVES this game and loves running around the world doing the various activities, buying things to ride on, jumping from free fall mountain, etc. However, I am just not that impressed with the educational value of this game. I read several reviews before showing him the game that talked about how educational it is and how it could even be your child's homework. Huh? Almost all of the games I have seen are mostly platform run and jumping type of games and the few educational games that I've seen were not very good. For fun factor, I'd give this game an A, but as far as educational is concerned, I give it a C-.
Parent Written bymomto3amazingggirls April 18, 2013

Amazing in all ways

Jumpstart 3D Virtual World is amazing for my daughters, ages 9 4 and 2. Its one of those virtual worlds you don't have to worry about with social interaction. Who could've thought of such a valuable world? And the 3D graphics are stunning and intense!!!!
Kid, 8 years old August 17, 2011

for all ages

there is not one thing too worry about and not too much people around too hack and be mean well i don't think they can be mean anyway im 8 years old i still love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byducanewolfang November 11, 2009
Kid, 10 years old June 22, 2016

VERY good for learning, but VERY inappropriate...

Okay I know the other reviews are mostly all 5 star and say great things about this game, but in my opinion i think this game is bad. Here are my reasons why I HIGHLY recommend not to play this game. 1. the HORRIBLE CHAT. you can say ANYTHING you want, ecxept bad words. and all you have to do to say a bad word is just change one letter. 2. people date in this game. your aloud to say ''girlfriend, dates, kisses'', and more dating things. 3. there is a party room and people use it as clubs! There is even a bar made for a snack bar but people use it as... you know what kind of bars. but this is very rare and most people just dance and play games :) 4. people bully on here. I have expirienced people saying bad words to other people and just taking out 1 letter so everyone can obviously see what you are saying. also there is 1 bad word im not going to say that is ALOUD THROUGH THE FILTER. Ok those are all the cons i can think of now the pros. 1. Its actually a game that you learn on. like, FOR REAL LEARNING. and not just one of those ''click the button and learn a math fact things that no one does''. You ACTUALLY, ACTUALLY learn. the games are fun learning games like, '' to shoot a hoop you have to answer a math question correctly''. and there are ALOT of people playing games and you can even vrs people! i actually learned multiplication here back when i was 5! (yes i have been playing 5 years but i quit) 2 there is ALOTTT of fun things! You can get a pet that i think is called like a dragon or pegasis and u train it! you can make it sleep, eat, and even fly places with it!!! pro 3. you can block and report bad people and so you cant see what they write! also you can make friends Okay so thats my review of Jumpstart, I am saying 10+ because they know whats right and wrong mostly and how to avoid this bad content. Oh and also, the reason how most people say bad things is from type chat. Don't get your kids type chat so they don't say these bad things. only let them type from the list. So overall, Jumpstart is good but the chat filter is horrible! If it's a kids game they need to make it more kid FRIENDLY. but the game itself is really good and has a good concept and stuff! just dont like the chat and players. but if you have restricted chat and stay out of popular areas where people act bad, then this game will be great!
Kid, 9 years old May 28, 2015

Disappointing

This game was fun but had a tone of glitches ,even with membership.
Adult Written byJazzkid January 2, 2015
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2014

I was inactive for a few years or so AND THEY TOOK AWAY MY MEMBERSHIP RIGHTS FOR MY ACCOUNTS! BEWARE!
Kid, 9 years old August 8, 2014

Very Fun and Cool

It is easy to use for younger players, I even play it sometimes. There are new things to ride on, every month or holiday. I love the ice skating during christmas and the pirate ships during other times. There are summer scavenger hunts which are pretty easy, just walk up to the items when you see them. One of my favourite places is this little place, you can do magic in it and brew potions. If you're a member, you can get a pet and train it and everything, when it's older then you can send it out as a dragon and call it and fly on it. It's a very enjoyable game.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2013

Jumpstart 3D Virtual World is amazing

No adult content. Players are only allowed to chat using words approved in the Jumpstart dictionary. Learning games. Players are allowed to jump on buildings, swim, climb, run, and jump through the magical world. It has amazing massive 3D graphics. Kids are able to express themselves with their "Jumpee" (the name of Jumpstart avatars) by being able to give it funky characteristics such as green skin and square shaped heads. Jumpstart recently partnered with Dreamworks (the creator of beloved animated movies such as Madagascar) to bring the Magagascar Zoosters into the Jumpstart World. Now Gloria, Alex, the penguins, Melman, Marty, and Mort are in the Jumpstart World for your kids to interact with in the Central Park Zoo. What game has all this? Jumpstart. I love it and your kids will too!!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 4, 2011

In love!!

I think JumpStart is a fun educational game used used to refresh kids memmoey and to have a lot of fun!!!!My brothers and sisters love it imean they are on the site evrry minuit af evrry day!!The resolts r just amazing!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bykad1121 August 23, 2016

Always Love It BUT

My childhood is being ripped away from me. You see, I've been playing this game since it launched in December 2008. Now, eight years later, they have made a new update that makes the avatars anorexic and ugly, the three lands (Storyland, Marineland, and Adventureland) have been down for "maintenance" for a long time, and I continue to ask on the blog when they will be back, but the blog is virtually abandoned. Even worse, Storyland holds SO much nostalgia and good memories for, if they touch it I will legit cry. Also, they took the awesome Madagascar features out. What's left? I love this highly interactive, nostalgic game to pieces, but I just want my beloved real JS back. No one likes this "update"
Teen, 13 years old Written byNWRITES01 August 15, 2016

Game, good. Learning, not so much.

I know that I'm too old for the game (It says 9-12 years old) but I met a lot of people that are fun to be around and have kept them ever since I started playing when I was 7. What the title of my review says is that the game is fun to play (for younger kids when it comes to like dress-up with your friends and stuff) or chat to people on, but the fact that it says it's for learning is pretty well kinda fake. You aren't guaranteed to learn absolutely nothing, but you aren't guaranteed to learn exactly anything OVER 1 skill as well as you get older (that starts around 11+ in my opinion) and it makes it harder to learn specific things. As of right now, all of the lands (Storyland, Futureland, etc) are maintenance and we can't actually get INTO them. I saw a lot of people complaining about the glitches and I think a lot of them have been fixed by now. I love to talk to be there because I'm shy IRL but VERY outgoing & cheerful when I talk to people in the game. One thing I REALLY don't like is that now, in 2016, they've gave the characters/avatars an ENTIRELY different look- the legs are EXTREMELY skinny, as are the arms, and the feet are very small for their height. The bodies are also WAY too skinny and it looks like they're encouraging people to be extremely skinny, or making fun of people with an eating disorder. I, myself, think that even besides that, we're just too skinny and shouldn't be like that in a game where a lot of young young children come on to play. Older children (11-ish) and young teens (13-16) play might start to feel like they're too heavy or too skinny and what not because of it. I've seen people say that everyone should stop complaining about the looks, though, or the game might end up being cancelled which would be upsetting for many people including me because we've played for so long. I hope it doesn't happen and I'm saying my opinion on the looks. Other than that it's fun to talk to people. I don't really care for the missions, but I like the Scavenger Hunts because you get more money to buy stuff. I love this game no matter how old I get though. THINGS TO BE AWARE OF: A lot of people say some VERY inappropriate things and do some very inappropriate things, so I'd be very careful of who I hang out with if I were you. I'm not one to do so, but I know LOTS of people my age will. One thing though is that it seems like we can't ever lose type chat anymore. I don't know if it's a glitch or not but it's good, right? All in all, stay safe in this game, talk to the right people, do the missions if you want to get levelled up quicker, & um.. have fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjollyroger May 27, 2015

inappropriate sometimes if you have text chat

If you want your child to be safe from innapropriate stuff PLEASE dont get text chat. If you add the white wolves or popular group it can be innapropriate.