All member reviews for Just Cause 2

GTA-like game about killing, sex, drugs, and profanity.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySp3ctr3 13o July 12, 2010

Should Be Rated T

This game is does not take its self seriously. It is MEANT to be a crazy Die Hard like game. It is extremely fun and very appropriate for kids 10+. Remember this game is called Just CAUSE 2 not Just 'cuz 2, everything you do in the game is for a purpose. SPOILERS: at the end of the game you kill the dictator, who is trying to destroy the US, and replace him with a US friendly President. Yes, occasionally you will find things called Drug Drops, but once you touch it it disappears. When you shoot people it is very unrealistic, they fly back and get back up. It might be hard for some younger kids so to its fast-paced gameplay later on in the game. Overall, this game is supposed to be crazy, and should NOT be compared to Grand Theft Auto in any way, shape, or form.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byParenting212 April 25, 2010

I watch my son play this because I thought it would be something like Grand Theft Auto because when i saw him playing that, boy was he in trouble. But this game is nothing like that. it has no nudity wich made me feel better but it does have a little language but the language in the game is simmilar to the language in halo and call of duty such as: S**t, D*mn, Cr*p, and Jesus Christ. Luckily this game will never drop the f bomb or anything like that.
Adult Written byGryphisOne October 28, 2010

After seeing this game reviewed on the internet, I had to buy it and try it out. My short review is this. While the game has a "B Movie" feel to it and plays like a summer guy flick, it's good wholesome fun all the way around. This is one of very few sandbox style games to come out and in my opinion, it's well worth the $60. You never run out of stuff to do, so you'll be playing it for months (and months) after you beat it. The game deals with drugs and sex, but I can guarentee it's no worse then what's going down in schools today. So instead of dropping $60 on a game that your kid will beat in a month and never play again, get this game and consider your money well spent.
Parent Written byMRFantasmo May 28, 2012

Just Cause 2

it is the best game I have ever played 1.there is not many rude words 2.if so turn the sound off 3.violence nothing like Call of duty (its 3rd person 4.no sex scenes 5.no drugs used 6.nothing like GTA so yes i think it is appropriate to 10 and up.
Parent of a 11, 12, and 13 year old Written bytruMen April 7, 2010

Great game but it is for 12+

I love this game i picked this game up at best buy yesterday and i loved it. o was surprised that it wasnt bad at all. i think it should b erated T because everything that makes it M is the killing pedestrians.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpongebob1637 July 1, 2010

Really Fun, but Common Sense is over-reacting

This game is basically about as bad as Halo or perhaps Call of Duty. The violence is all similar to it. The sexual themes are all really mild, and there is hardly any sexual content. I don't get why they compare this to GTA. It's ridiclous. Common Sense has gone a little over-the-top on this review.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydrmcphil March 30, 2010

Play this game Cause it's fun

Come on. 90% of kids who have ever been on the internet have seen worse stuff that this. The game is fun because you can parachute around and use your grappling hook. Not because you CAN kill pedestrians and there is a lot of blood (which is extremely unrealistic, by the way). So yes, I would recommend this to anyone ages 14+. Honestly, I believe this game should be rated T, and I'm sick of ESRB and their terrible rating system.
Adult Written byshlonick April 20, 2010

12 and up

the game is better than gta its awsome u have to let ur kid play it its ok its bloody
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDavid103 November 10, 2013

Just cause 2

I think that Just cause 2 is a great game for kids 12 and up. When you shoot people, blood does come out but its in a very unrealistic way. The only sexual content is a strip club called the mile high club but all the strippers never actually take any cloths off, they just wear bikinis and dance on stages. There are some missions where you have to deliver some drugs to some people but the only drugs you see people taking are cigarettes. This game is very fun and my child loved it. I hope my opinion can help you decide! If your child can watch movies like the avengers or captain america then JC2 is fine. -David
Parent Written bywondering-parent December 26, 2012

Please read!

My son loves Halo and call of duty. I got him this game so i could find out if I thought it was good. There is some cursing there is blood and there is killing. If your son or daughter wants this game and you allow them to play a killing game it is no different from this.
Adult Written bygamereviewer123 April 22, 2010

Not as bad as reviewers say

My sons are 14 and 15. I read a lot of reviews about this game and i was hesitant to let my kids buy it. I saw them play the demo and i decided it was okay. It is not like grand theft auto in which there is nudity and intense drug usage. Yes, it does not portray a great educational value but my kids Love the game. I do not think this is appropriate for kids younger than 14
Teen, 13 years old Written bySentherus September 7, 2010

Perfect for Teens of all Ages

This game is sort of similar to GTA (in sandbox terms) but even though it's rated M it should be rated T. If this game should be rated M then so should StarCraft 2 just because it has a little blood (Which it should not) and there is only sex REFERENCES! And as it appears to me all the fun games are rated M, for example Halo 1,2,3, GTA (all of em) , and now Just Cause 2 it's Insane! If ESRB sees a little blood or a minor reference to sex then they rate it M right away.In what other game can you go from beaches to mountains and have a grapple hand and Surf planes. Not to mention for all of those people out there who love to climb mountains and drive cars very fast but hate the risk this is also a perfect game! Who in their right mind rate this game M. and then there are people (Like my mom) who think that just because its rated M it's entirely bad I mean COME ON it's stupid! Yeah sure If all i'm gonna do is go around a kill people then yeah sure but if all I wanna do is base jump and do stunts on cars and admire the scenery then I should be allowed to play!
Parent of a 10, 11, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byMomof5kids123456789 April 25, 2010

Perfect for Kids 11+

At first I wasn't sure to buy it for my son. But i watched him play the demo and it wasn't that bad. There is a little bit of cursing, but only like crap, or jesus christ. For kids 11+ the game is great!
Parent Written byoompaloompaparent March 8, 2013

Great game

This is a great game. There is mild violence and language but other than that this game can be good for learning. I've sat down with my son before and watched him play. He mostly takes the vehicles and drives/flys them around. There are so many cool things you can do in the game. The protagonist of the story is a man who is sent to infiltrate a base and kill the head honcho of a criminal organization. This game is pretty much like an interactive james bond movie, which is why i believe that it is suitable for this age group.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycoltsrock18 January 22, 2013

JC2

Just cause 2 is a mix of what most every teenage boy likes. Big explosions, action, violence, and more. You play as a solider who is fighting along side revolutionist who want to overthrow the dictator and put a better government in place. In the end you stop the dictator and replace him with a better president! The game has a fair amount of violence, but not as much as other games and not as serious either. When you crash a car it flips and slides way more than real life. The language is an easy fix with the subtitles abd vioces turned off. Now on to the sexual content. This usually is the biggest deal out of all of the things a game could be rated for. The island this game takes place on is the size of an actual small country. This game is an open world game, meaning that it doesn't tell you where to go, as you can explore the entire island and stare in awe of the stunning graphics. Now that I have explained to you how big it is, let me tell you how small the sexual content is. In the game, there is a small airship called the mile high club. It has a few women in bikini's dancing, and men in shorts with no shirt. There is no sex or anything! Only ONE small mission has you taking a person to this club, only to leave immediately parachuting out of your plane to get to the club. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GO IN! If you have a responsible teen that you trust, this should not be a problem. Why would your teen even want to do that when you have a world of action, adventure, and superb graphics to enjoy. There is no point of going to the club, and if you do, why would you want to stare at ANIMATED women THE SIZE OF A PEA dancing instead of exploring the beautiful world.The drug content is there because you can see people in the streets drinking what is assumed as alcohol. When i say people, I mean one or two in one city,out of the multiple cities there are to explore. That covers all the subjects this game is rated for. If you have a mature teen who you can trust, this is a great action game as opposed to other worse titles such as borderlands or dishonored.
Adult Written byJakester9002 February 23, 2012

Just Cause 2 = FUN

The sexual themes in it is only in this blimp high up called "The Mile High Club" no neudity but they dont have alot of clothes on.If you dont want to see the sexual themes (the club) i recommend you stay away from that blimp unless you are flying away from an enemy and you just happen to see it . Very action packed with explosions, blood, some cursing but on my opinion i think it is a great game. You just have to be mature
Adult Written bychow13 October 9, 2011

Great GTA Substitute

The reason I got this is becuase I was never a fan of GTA and I have to say that Just Cause 2 is an awesome substitute to GTA. the Language is kept down to a minimum there is no gore and very little sexual content. 5 out of 5 stars
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2014

This might help

Here I will describe why it is rated M for. 1. Language During some missions they shall say things nothing worse than the B word. 2. Sexual Themes There is a blimp floating that features women wearing swim-suits and some men. 3.Drug Reference There is a man named "Karl Blaine" who makes an appearance in the begging of the game. He drinks and gambles. 4.Violence Just like any game you see these days. 5. Blood Nothing more than a normal war game. This is a game that deserves a 10/10 rating.
Parent Written byJake_for_gaming June 6, 2013

Not bad at all!

Honestly this isn't a bad game at all. Sure you can go around and steal cars or kill some random person, but it's your choice. You don't have sex or do drugs. You do drug busts, but you don't do them. If our child is interested in GTA this is a good game to start off with.
Teen, 13 years old Written byP33lzHeer December 13, 2010

Is ok for mature kids

This is stupid! Not for kids? Its not 18 in Britain and I think its fine. THere are some scenes of partial nudity and some mild bad words, but the violence is very unrealistic and very easy to cope with! Plus, its a great game. Go buy it!