Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Just Cause 3

Violent open-world shooter overthrows fake gov't for laughs.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byGoodDad1971 December 3, 2015

Haven't seen a single drop of blood and violence is comical and not that bad

18+- No Way! This game is not that bad. The point of the game is to overthrow a fake government using a variety of gadgets. You use a grappling hook and explosives to blow up as much stuff as you can. Enemies will come in and you will creatively destroy them. You could fling them at a cow, rocket lauch the gas station next to them. The violence is non-bloody and hilarious. The biggest part of the game is the collateral damage. You can blow up a lot of stuff. My 11 year old nephew and his 9 year old brother love this game on their ps4. Do you really think this game will make your child want to stand on top of a truck and blow stuff up. ITS ALL FAKE! There is nothing sexy and only Hell for language, thats not even a bad word. Get your child this game. You wont regret it.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byPete S. August 9, 2016

The legitimate review for just cause 3

First this is such a crazy rating why MA15 that's crazy. Honestly my boy has many shooters and games of the type, and I said no more shooting games. But he then went on to show me all these reviews on the game and it was realy nothing bad. I took him to EB and he got the game. We went home he started it up and I did not here not 1 curse word through the whole game I sat with him and watched him play it all. It's actually stunning with amazing graphics. The point of the game is to blow up everything in your path using a stunning variety of gadgets like wing suits grappler hooks and rebel supply drops. There is absolutely no gore whatsoever. I am pretty embarrassed for saying no the game is perfect for kids 10+ please get your kids this amazing game. Also there is no sex or sexual content at all.

Parent Written byCharlesMcK January 30, 2016

Non 18 deserving

I purchased this game for my 12 year old son some weeks back, expecting a largely teen-friendly computer game, that is exactly what I got. There is minimal profanity, no sexual content and the violence is purely comical with the slightest hint of blood. It is by far, much more teen friendly than the likes of Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty in terms of sex and violence. In some areas there will be smoking civilians but that is the limits of drugs and alcohol. Overall, it is a very immersive, teenager friendly game that I would recommend to anyone over the age of 11/12. The ESRB/PEGI only rated this Mature/18 as it has two to three f---k and its in their guidelines that that makes it so.

Adult Written bytheextremegamerguy December 15, 2015

the truth about just cause 3

just cause 3 is a very fun game and i think everyone should have it. if your son has call of duty ghosts or any 16 rated games, he/she can handle this game. it says it has full level of violence but I play it a lot and i see no blood! if your son is 11 up they can handle this without a problem. if you dont let them have it you are mad!! this game is rated 18. i have no idea why?? it should be a 12 really.

Adult Written byMichale1143 February 5, 2016

Good game not alot of blood at all!

I have a 12 year old that always wants games for 16 and up, alot of games stand up for their ratings like Grand Theft Auto V which contains actions highly inappropriate for children. Just Cause 3 though focuses on explosions and action, not blood. I think this game should be suitable for 12 year olds and up.
Adult Written byPizza man221 December 21, 2015

Great game

this is a great game glad they took out the strip club in the last one

Adult Written byLsiets October 1, 2018

Very graphic violence

My son, who is 11, has had this game for about a year. I did not realize how very graphic the violence is on this game until last week. I overheard my sons (8 and 11) commenting on how a woman in the game must be dead, how it was definitely killing her. I looked at the screen and saw that the game was showing a car that the player was driving dragging a woman’s dead body along the road. It horrified me. I don’t want my kids to be so desensitized to violence that they think something like this is ok. Not happy with this game at all. My son deleted it after that.

Adult Written byAdam J. November 25, 2017

Safe for kids

The reviews that say it is 18+ are mistaken this game has slight swearing but mostly kids will not notice it if subtitles are not turned on and the swear words that are heard are minor and only come occasionally and to be honest most children have heard swear words at school. As for the violence and blood. Blood is almost nonexistent and violence is directed to highly explosive red buildings

Parent Written byMidwestDad55 August 14, 2016

Other reviewers aren't paying attention

I was disappointed when my son popped this in and within then first several minutes the protagonist's best friend drops the F-bomb. And since all the dialogue is printed on screen too, you get to see and hear it. Reviewers saying there is nothing worse than the H word weren't paying any attention.

Adult Written byKevinjon May 15, 2016

THIS GAME IS FINE

Are you kidding me?!?! 18+!? This game is fine me and my 10 year old son play it all the time and enjoy it and use it as a bonding experience. We laugh, have fun, and is a great stress reliever. But seriously, 18+!?!? I find that this is ridiculous and should be 9 and up. To all those parents reading this because they're looking out for their kids and seeing if this is a great game. It is. No drug use AT ALL. No Sexual content AT ALL. No drinking or smoking AT ALL. No language AT ALL. Stop worrying about this game people it is fine. And you're the good guys :). The violence is a bit over the top, but that's one of the key components of making it so fun!

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byJoseph Read March 18, 2016

Common Sense Media messes up again!

First off, I'd like to say that this is a great game and I encourage you to let your teenagers to play it. BUT, common sense media said they say "hell" which is true, but they also say the F bomb! I was watching my kids play it and my son went to the beach and shot a bad guy. The man said "f- f--k" I'd say you hear the word every maybe 20-30 minutes depending on how you play the game. Also the two friends that "hit each other in the family jewels" are guys. He hits him in the crotch when one guy is being annoying. This game is very lighthearted and shouldn't be taken as a serious action/killer game. I'd recommend this game to anyone 13 and up!

That's my review on the family side of things. Now I will critique it on just the fun of the game. So first off I want to say it's kind of corny and can be disappointing sometimes. It is a very steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it's a blast! You are equipped with a jetpack, a wingsuit and a grappling hook! You also get a pistol (or 2), a shotgun or machine gun, and a rocket launcher. You also get grenades and sticky bombs. But the blood is next to none. So I'd definitely say this was a fun game to play.

Adult Written bygamepolice179 January 2, 2016

Teenagers will be fine.

Similar to the 2nd just cause but with better graphics. You play as a man working for "the agency" trying to overthrow the dictator. Kinda like far cry. Like a James bond movie but interactive. If your child has played JC2 or CoD then this game is fine.

Adult Written byToolmanTim December 29, 2015

Nothing I would call "inappropriate"

My son is 12, and am surprised this game is listed as an 18+ game. My son is mature enough to understand violence in games and it doesn't affect his day-to-day actions or influence his behavior. As a parent, I am concerned when games have foul language or anything sexual in it.

With that in mind - the violence here is cartoonish and frankly kind of fun. I haven't come across anything in terms of language or sexual. For that reason, I'm completely OK with him playing it.

In fact, his 8 year old sister sits down and watches him play and that doesn't concern me either with this game.

Ease of Play
Parent of a 12, 14, and 18+ year old Written byEducation is key December 15, 2015

Nothing to worry about

When my 14 year old asked me for this game, I was very skeptical due to the previous game's (Just Cause 2) treatment of women, the drug use, and the strong language. Also I was worried because many reviews to this game compared it to the "Grand Theft Auto" series (which is known for its extremely offensive and explicit content). However when I was checking online parent reviews I did not see any mention of drugs or explicit content. I later found out that the game is only rated M for the violence and the language, not for sexual content. I do not condone violent video games but after seeing the game play with my own eyes I can say that it is nothing to worry about. Yes you can kill people in the game but there is no graphic content such as bloody corpses and gore. You are not supposed to kill innocent civilians and the killing is only directed towards the evil bad guy's goons. The last Just Cause game had a strip club in it that was very offensive, however this game does not contain any explicit content like that. In the game there is almost no cursing! The only word I would not want my son repeating is the H word. (A.K.A the opposite of heaven) The bad guys yell things like "Get him!" and "Call for backup!!". The only thing at all that would make this game questionable is the almost invisible spray of blood when you shoot someone. The blood spray is not graphic and only lasts one second after that it vanishes. The game is mainly about freeing the people of a fictional island from the oppression evil dictator. The main purpose of the game is to take down a "James Bond" like villain by blowing up all his bases and weapons. The appeal to teens and children is all the explosions. You take down the evil dictator by riding around in a fighter jet and blowing up all his stuff. Also you can do anything you want in this game. If you wanted to you could be a law abiding citizen and just fly the planes, drive the cars, and explore the massive terrain. You play the role of a liberator sent to help the people of this fictional island, not a criminal like the GTA series. All in all I can see why my son would want to play this and although it is not the best thing in the world, it is a heck of a lot better then him playing a game that will turn him into a serial killer. (hint hint, GTA) After looking at it a bit more I can see that it is even appropriate for even my youngest son to play. This video game is not the worst thing in the world. It has tons of explosions, fast cars, airplanes, and action, which is what any little boy wants (especially mine :) All in all I have no problem with my kids playing it because it doesn't contain anything harmful or damaging to their personality's or mindset. (also they have seen tons of action films with their father, and this is just the video game version of the fast and furious movies they like so much)

Adult Written byAnonymos June 27, 2019
Adult Written byTheAmazingDude April 5, 2019

Pretty Good game with some flaws

The gameplay is great, and so is the story, however, the boss fight was a bit disappointing, there is a nice selection of guns to choose from, my favourite is the mini gun since it has infinite ammo which is hilarious. The main character can use a grappler, wingsuit and grenades to do all types of destruction. The wingsuit, however is hard to control and really glitchy, the game also sometimes crashes, those are the only problems I have with this game.
Adult Written byThe true review 1 March 16, 2019

Totally not 18+

So first of all this is a big upgrade from just cause 2. Absolutely no sexual reference and no gore at all. All there is is just blood clouds that puff out when you shoot people. There are intense explosions in almost every mission but if your kid can handle that kind of violence then your good to go. Swearing is very infrequent and over all not bad. For alcohol and drugs it’s very infrequent and all you will see is just some characters smoking and also the loading screen has a person sitting on the beach holding a glass of liquor. I hope this helped.

Adult Written byWahidPlayz January 29, 2019

Good game

Very good for mature kids, theres no nudity

Adult Written byPhXntom January 28, 2019

Really great

Ermm... it’s quite violent and bloody, and there are brief uses of language, not a kids game for sure.

Adult Written bykkac January 24, 2019

18+? Kidding me

Look, this game is really violent. But the violence itself is not really serious, we play as one-man-army. It contains some language, including f--k, however, it's not often or excessively used.