All member reviews for Kerbal Space Program

Kid, 10 years old January 10, 2014

kerbal space program

its a fun game and i learned a lot from it
Teen, 13 years old Written byMath02u3 October 12, 2013

Great game; worth your money.

Firstly, the negative factors. Violence may be a concern for some, due to the fact that engine malfunctions may cause explosions which kill "kerbals," who prudently populate Kerbin, the planet where the kerbals live. Kerbals are also able to fall from vehicles to death, in which there is a slight puff of smoke. Blood/gore is not represented at all. However, this game allows children to explore physics and try to reach the stars. It's not easy—just getting into orbit is a tough, intense task. But this allows for many hours of playing time. There's no multiplayer aspect, which makes sure that there's no issues with language or other factors. No purchases are "pushed" beyond getting the game; another product called "the kerbalizer" is available but strictly optional.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPershonkey March 19, 2015

Amazing Game, but Difficult to Learn

As an avid Kerbonaut, I can attest to this game's quality. Everything - the scale, the realistic physics engine, the great community, etc. - combines to put this in my personal Top 5. I could go on and on about how much fun it is, but I think you get the picture. Putting an age limit on this game is difficult (and inaccurate) because, in this case, it has more to do with the player's mental ability and general gaming experience. In order to get into most of what this game has to offer, one has to be reasonably skilled, which can take some time. For younger kids (or anyone not willing to spend some time picking up the basics), this may mean the game is put down for too early to get some real enjoyment out of it. Having a friend who's already experienced can help a lot here. In terms of violence, the "Kerbals" can (and probably will) die throughout your KSP career. However, Kerbals will simply turn into a puff of smoke (when hitting something at very high speeds) or simply disappear from the game (when, for example, the part they're in gets destroyed). So, if you/your child enjoys games like this, and doesn't mind a steep learning curve, I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
Teen, 17 years old Written byisaac is awsome January 23, 2015

LEARNING

Teaches orbital mechanics like nothing else.

Senior physics was made stupendously easy thanks to KSP, it also encourages a healthy enthusiasm for space exploration, the greatest message a game could have.
Kid, 8 years old October 25, 2014

THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD

I have tons of mods including: Skillful, Probitronics, MechJeb, and boat parts.In Kerbal Space Program I like to make rockets that go to SPACEEEEEEE!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD XD XD
Teen, 13 years old Written byHolyTardisCordyceps March 20, 2014

LEARNING

Extremely Difficult, but Really Fun!

It's overall a great game, free of just about everything inappropriate, however, lots of the missions can end in catastrophic failure, causing rockets to malfunction, space stations to collide, satellites to explode, causing the deaths of kerbals (the inhabitants of the fictional planet kerbin, which is basically earth in the kerbal space program universe). No blood or gore is directly depicted, nor is death. There are no multiplayer features, making it free of swearing. Be sure to keep one thing in mind: It's an extremely difficult game. Even making a rocket or spaceplane that will leave Kerbin's atmosphere is an intense and difficult task, also orbit, let alone setting up a space station, going to the moon, or orbiting Jool (jool is one of the many planets). The learning is also good, as your child will learn physics, math, and problem solving skills.
Kid, 10 years old March 11, 2014

LEARNING

Ksp: fun, good and sometimes furstrating.

this game is very fun, but your kids must not freak out that they can't do it (it took me over 20 tries to get into orbit.) you will learn some physics, yet it is still fun. currently (V.0.23.0.365, which is basicly 0.23) the touritalls are old, which don't help (will be reworked in the next update). I played it for 5 months and i have went to jool and made a moon collony (jool is a planet in the game). it is recommened to watch scott manley's videos on ksp. this game has many mods just for you to know. you want to watch before you play this game. overall this is a bad review but the game is still very fun and can be very hard.