Great graphics, great story, great sequel. Tweens.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybattlefield_slaya August 12, 2015

God, you guys are so dumb -_-

I first started playing Kingdom Hearts when I was 5, it did not effect me. I FINALLY got Kingdom Hearts 2 when I was 8, did not effect me. 1.) The role models are great 2.) No kid is going to care if they see a pirate drink, it's not like they're going to go to their local ABC store and steal a bottle of Liquor 3.) The violence is no worse than the first [if your kid hasn't played the first game yet get them that one first or they won't get the story whatsoever] 4.) Try out the game for yourself it's really fun! (I've never been into Japanese games or culture for that matter, but Kingdom Hearts is my FAVORITE video game series of all time. The story might fly over your 6-9 year old's head but if you play it, it has one of the most deep, complex, and intricate stories in any video game I've ever played. 10/10 best video game series to date.
Adult Written byKuroKitten April 9, 2008

Enjoyed Greatly!

I may be a little old to be playing this game, but after the first, I knew I had to play this. After reading many reviews, I find that some of the parents are reviewing a little harshly. To begin with, there is no wrist cutting, as they barely cut the palm of Ms. Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean. As for the lions death, that was in Lion King, and has been watched by kids as young as 4. Also, it is true one boy falls from a tower, but it is NEVER shown that he hits the ground. -Spoiler Alert- In fact, his whole reality is a fake, so whether he hit the ground or not, would not have mattered anyway. The violence is non-bloody, and over all very mild compared to other games. I would recommend this game, and it's predecessor to any child able to play a video game.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykortney April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2010

good game, not much wrong with it.

This game is amazing, there is some product placement because some of the game's characters are final fantasy or disney characters, but this is a great game. There is violence, but you use a giant key to fight, there is no blood, sometimes enemies will give out little health bubbles. While some boss battles are a little scary, there's nothing too disturbing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 8, 2013

Greatest game ever

As the title says, this is the greatest game ever. When you put together Final Fantasy and Disney, you have Kingdom Hearts! When I was little, I didn't understand the story, but now that I'm older and capable of comprehending it...I love it even more. The game is fun and addicting, and the story is equally as addicting. Kingdom Hearts is the only thing that can get me to have a crush on cartoon characters (ex: Roxas, Axel, Riku, Cloud...etc.) Heh heh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byP dump May 12, 2009

Awsome game, it's on my Top Five Favorites.

Bloodless, compelling, and very involving. The game focuses (as with most other games) on the battle between light and dark- good and bad. The strange, but all too awsome blend of Final Fantasy and Disney, makes the game, funny and action packed. THINGS PARENTS SHOULD WORRY ABOUT. The game has lots of Disney like magic- as well as some unexplainable supernatral things that happen. The violence in the game is fighting mostly abstract enemies with a strange wepeon called a Keyblade. (There are other wepeons wielded by other characters such as, swords, ninja stars, ex.) The time it takes (took me well over 30 hours), and how involved your child may get in the game should be a concern. For those of you who looked at the E10 rating and blood and alcohol reference, let me assure you that both these are very minimum. Blood- Pirates of the Carribean, cutscene where a bloody coin is being dropped to lift the curse (just like in the movie). Alcohol Reference- Again, Pirates of the Carribean, Jack Sparrow talking about rum.
Adult Written byDaleeria May 10, 2009

I Recommend to All!

This is definitely my favorite video game of all time. There are parts that are a little creepier than in the first two installments, but it's actually easier game-play wise. Honestly I think it's a lot better in ALL aspects of the game, just just the graphics and the playability. There are a lot more mini-games and you actually get to see King Mickey for the first time! I Recommend it to anyone who likes playing games like these, especially fans of previous Square Enix titles.
Adult Written byRJDERMODY3 January 8, 2009

Other adults know nothing!

Let me first start this off by saying that this game is by far in my top 5 for best games out there. Before you play this game be sure to play chain of memories (kingdom hearts 1.5) but if you don't it really doesn't matter, but it would help because they make some reference and it is where Organization XIII comes in. But as i was reading other "Adult" Reviews it seems like they know nothing, everything that happens in this game in the most part takes place in that Disney movie. It's not slitting the wrist its a slight cut on the palm to lift a curse and its barley a problem of blood, its just half of a gold amulet tinted red. If you watched the Disney moves you have seen all these "violent" scenes. If you let your kids watch Disney movies i say that you should buy this game for your kids, but don't forget to get them first Kingdom Hearts I, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byTritertitan23 November 27, 2016

Parents need to settle down

Okay, i honestly bursted out laughing when I saw some of the reviews for this game. First off, there aren't many games out there that do not include some violence. Even simple games like mario include violence. And kingdom hearts 2 has NO brutal violence. Not even close. The game is a great experience, and I love it. Also, this game displays many positive role models. Actually, the whole game is about light, and darkness. And how you cant let darkness control you. Which essentially means that you can't let evil get to you. I mean come on, is that not a valuable lesson you're teaching your kids? And yes there is drinking, but it is barely in the game at all, and I doubt it will raise questions about it. Just talk to your kids And tell them that drinking is not to be something joked about. The characters sometimes say "shut up." But it is suttle and barely said. The game shows friendship, and roxas is a great starting character. His friends are good role models, even though Hayner can say hurtful things. But can also show that sometimes you shouldn't be so serious about things people say. Overall, this is a great game that has stunning gameplay, and is best engaging.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYankeeMan2 October 15, 2016

One of the Best Games you will EVER PLAY

This game was my childhood. I used to play this with my dad when I was 3, and I loved it so much. The levels are very fun. The missions can sometimes be pretty hard, which may frustrate you, but don't worry about it, it's a game, just enjoy it. The game itself has hundreds if not thousands of hours of gameplay, so it is sure to keep you occupied for a while. The game revolves around Disney characters and Final fantasy characters, as you can see by the cover art. It includes levels about, Beauty and the Beast, a Nightmare Before Christmas, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many other classic Disney films. The violence is not as bad as CSM says at all, it shows no blood, so you should be fine with it. And that pirate drinking the alcohol? Oh, whoop-de-doo, it doesn't matter. It' hard to notice anyways, even if your kid does notice, then that won't influence him to go down the gas station and get a six-pack of Corona. Calm down, seriously. Overall, I think this game is acceptable for just about anyone, but kids under the age of 3 or 4 might not understand the storyline.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNamedUser July 15, 2016

Absolutely Stellar

Probably my absolute favorite PS2 game. That's a pretty big statement considering it's compeition, too. It is not violent in the slightest. You whack baddies with a giant key, that simply disappear upon being defeated.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bynoelles August 20, 2014

Great storyline!

Very interesting.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypokehearts December 30, 2013

the best game ever

Kingdom Hearts 2 is my favorite game out of the kingdom hearts series and also is my favorite video game of all time. i think 10 and older would be the best age mainly because younger kinds may not really get the true meaning of the plot ans the whole series itself has a very complex story line. There is alot of fighting but there isn't any blood in it. one of characters roxas has a sad past, that will make some people cry. over all this game is meant for kids. I can't wait till kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, because its taking forever.
Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 23, 2013

uhhh

Ok let me get this straight I know this game is for tweens so heres a story for u. I bought this game for my niece and nephew for Christmas and their mom(Sister) calls me a month later telling me how violent it is and drinking in a E10+ game so for mature tweens and teens may find it fun as well.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2013

BESt GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the freaking best game ever made!!!!!!!!!! The violence is not intense, and the drinking is only in the videos in the "Pirates of the Caribbean" world. Great game!!! The story is deep, and very entertaining as well. Once you start playing it, you''ll be upset when you beat it. It's pretty easy, easier than Kingdom Hearts 1.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2012

Very Good

It Is Awsome,End Of My Story. :3
Teen, 13 years old Written bySimplyAmazzing July 3, 2012

If your child can hold a controller let them play it.

This is possibly the greatest PlayStation 2 title in the market. I first played this game when i was 8 and still play it today. It combines Final Fantasy characters and Disney characters perfectly. The Battle System is magnificent. There is nothing inappropriate in this game except for in the Pirates of the Caribbean level. However if your child is old enough to notice the minor alcohol consumption he/she is old enough to understand that it is wrong. The only thing that kids will have trouble with is if they play on proud (most difficult) mode. This game is fantastic and worth buying a PS2 just to play it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog June 5, 2012

good game 8+

it's the bets game by Disney.I loved the part when Sora is a brown lion cub,Donald is a white hornbill,and Goofy is a turtle.But some kids might think when Sora,Goofy,and donald were about to get eaten by the hyenas,but Scar roars and the hyenas go to see what Scar wants.I really recommend the game
Teen, 13 years old Written byAmyFu October 11, 2011

The Review

Let me get this straight, this game deserves 5 stars!This is the best series ever created. Period