All member reviews for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

Fantasy game shows same story from different viewpoints.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDiligo December 27, 2010

Very good KH game

This game is like all the KH games they made, fight monster like enemys, see outher worlds from disney movies, and more. But im not saying its a bad game aturaly its the best game I have for my PSP but some parents reported this game becouse of Aqua, becouse she has sexy like clothes on that show her back and some parts of her legs but i mean shes not taking them off or anything but it is a very good game and I think kids above 10 can play this.
Kid, 9 years old September 28, 2011

Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 8, 2011

Kid, 12 years old May 17, 2013

Good Game, Bad Violence

This is probably one of my favorite Kingdom Hearts games besides the first and second installments, but I think that if you think your kid is ready for the second Kingdom Hearts, they should be able to play this one. If they haven't played Kingdom Hearts at all, this game is the prequel so they can play this and then start the actual series. The violence is kind of intense for some children though. There is a scene where an old man stabs himself in the chest with a giant key sword, and his heart comes out (this is not at ALL bloody) and he possesses one of the main characters, and you have to fight back for your body in your mind. One other battle scene has a sniper character that shoots purple like darts at you, and after you defeat him the character blasts darkness on him and his face is badly cut and has a couple of scars where he was wounded. The character that did that also killed his master when he tried to kill his best (good) friend because he could cause evil. There are also positive role models like Ventus and Aqua that are trying to defeat and evil force called the nobodies which are monsters that you can kill (they disappear into darkness) in a third person view. They are trying to kill this evil with healthy teamwork and love each other and sacrifice for each other. The only consumerism in the game is the occasional Final Fantasy characters, and the more constant Disney characters that pop up in the game. There are good sides and bad sides to this game, but the only thing you should really worry about is the violence part. I hope this helped (BD) --Rhys Wells
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv September 6, 2011

Prequel Game About as Good as Main Installments

I finally beat this game after playing the other Kingdom Hearts video games. I thought this was pretty cool. I usually don't like prequels, but this one was actually really fun, and had a good plot too. The animation beats all the Kingdom Hearts games for the DS, and the gameplay is better too. For parents, not much to worry about, just some fantasy violence. Any Kingdom Hearts fan should buy this.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMixk July 16, 2011

Good but can be confusing!

Put it this way. You have to play these games in a certain order to get it. Birth By Sleep, Kingdom Hearts, Chain Of Memories, 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts II, Re:Coded.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2010