All member reviews for Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories

Engaging RPG remake with charming Disney characters.

Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2009

Not the best Kingdom Hearts game, but nothing of concern.

This game is key to understanding the story line, but the battle system is difficult and annoying. Me and my family are Jehovah's Witnesses so we're very cautious about video games and we have found nothing of concern. I can tell you one thing, your child will ether learn patience... Or smash their controller against the TV. It might just be best to watch a walkthrough on youtube if you want to understand the story.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysenxakaxv July 24, 2011

definitely worth playing.

Like the other Kingdom Hearts games, Chain of Memories has an intricate, deep plotline, excellent graphics, and good characters. Sora and his friends are positive, determined people; in short, good role models. There is fantasy violence in the playing part of the game, and some violence in cutscenes- a character throws an unconscious character to the ground, and hits another character across the face, throwing her to the ground. Another character holds a weapon threateningly to a character's throat (the Marluxia-Namine thing near the end, for those wondering). All in all, a very good game. Worth playing.
Kid, 11 years old May 30, 2009

THANK GOODNESS IT CAME TO AMERICA!

This game is like the bridge between the 1st and 2nd games, it tells what happened and answers some questions such as "Why is Sora in the egg thing in KH2?" and "Where's the other half of the Organization?". It also has a difficult battle system. I love it!
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2013

I love it!

This was one of the first video games I've played, and probably one of the best! There is some violence due to bosses and stuff but it's awesome! :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byVanitasFajitas February 8, 2013

Love it

I love the game, and I also like how once you complete Sora's story you can play as Riku. This game can be challenging at times, but not too difficult to beat. Personally, I think the hardest was Vexen. It's a fun game, and an important part of the story.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysnomtn January 29, 2012

cards=bad

Wonderful series, but the battle system in this game ruins it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymkalv October 22, 2010

I like the Kingdom Hearts franchise, but it could get a bit repetitive in the castle. The story is great, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPlaystehPiano April 22, 2010

Difficult, With a confusing story if you don't already know the series... play the others first

KINGDOM HEARTS- Re: Chain of Memories is a difficult yet engaging game. It's the continuation of KINGDOM HEARTS into KINGDOM HEARTS 2- other words, the bridge between the two. No spoilers here, so here's the lowdown. The battle system is based off of "cards": Magic cards, attack cards, item cards. The game is based off of choosing (quickly) a couple of cards, and mashing together attacks and making combos. You must also use the control stick to move your character like a maniac (DODGE! DODGE!)... gee whiz. This made battles very tedious. Boss battles are engaging but I was never looking forward to the next one. It's very much like FINAL FANTASY XIII- you attack a monster, you set off a little "battle arena" and fight the Heartless until they're all gone. And there are LOTS of battles in one room... *sigh*. The story is interesting to those who like the original KINGDOM HEARTS and 2, but I would just read up the story instead of buy this game. Unless you want an extremely difficult challenge, I wouldn't reccomend this game to everyone. (Note: Consumerism- continuation of FINAL FANTASY and Disney franchises. Get ready to be a consumer in these franchises for a while.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byerobertt3 February 21, 2010

Kigdom hearts Re:Chain of Memories

i love the game and your kids will love it too i started playing the series at a young age i didn't mark the game as easy because you need strategy to play with the card system
Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2009

IT is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 10, 2009

Horrible battle system ruins game

Only Die Hard fans who dont' have gameyboys least ways want those graphics might want to play this game just for the story between kingdom hearts and kingdom hearts 2.