All member reviews for Kirby Super Star Ultra

Cute sprite Kirby makes a classic game new-ish.

Teen, 14 years old Written byCalebCalebCaleb July 7, 2009

The lovable kirby tweens game

I got this when I was 13. and i had fun with it. I would probably think that 6-10 year olds would loves this game.
Kid, 8 years old June 13, 2009

SUPER STAR GAME!!!!

I love this game!!! I love Milky Way Wishes because you get to copy abilitys without losing them.
Parent Written byrhiannap May 20, 2015

Kirby Super Star Ultra

Parents need to know that this is a remake of an old Super NES game recommended for ages 3 years and up. The game contains a series of short platform-style games, some perhaps too short. It's E-rated, with mild cartoon violence that includes the use of a sword and some shooting. Recommended for ages 3 years and up
Adult Written bywilliame April 4, 2015

FUN FUN FUN

KST Is a awesome game and like all Kirby games, geared towards beginners. But, like all HAL games (EarthBound, Mother 3,) this gets a little dark on the end of some modes (Milky way Deans, the TRUE arena,) but NEARLY not as much as other games has has made. (Mother 3, I'm looking at you.)
Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2014

Nice remake of an old game.

So... i got this game for easter, and i must say... if you find this in a store, IE: gamestop, then buy it! easy to learn, but hard to master! :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byWaddleDooFan77 December 6, 2014

Kirby, Kirby, Kirby!

Parents, if you're looking for a good game to give to your kids, DEFINITELY consider this one. In this game, the player can choose one of many different story lines, each of which involves Kirby and his friends (and enemies). Each story line contains several different levels where different abilities and items can be found. Like most of Kirby's other games, the violence is very minimal. Kirby can use things such as a sword or a hammer to defeat his enemies, but no blood or visible wounds are present, and defeated enemies simply vanish in a puff of stars. Three of the game's story lines contain reading, which can sometimes be necessary to proceed through the game. No vulgarity or offensive speech is present, and the dialog is quite hilarious at times. The game contains some positive messages; one of the story lines has the player control one of the game's side characters with the purpose of becoming a hero. Kirby's quests are never for personal gain, either. Only one instance of scariness is present in the game: the true final boss. It's not too bad, but may frighten kids of ages 5 and under. Otherwise, Kirby Super Star Ultra is an amazingly well-made game perfect for kids of all ages. The difficulty of the game is fairly low, and the cute, colorful graphics are very pleasing. Kirby wants you to play his game! <(-^.^-)>
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Messenger October 29, 2013

Great

This is a very fun game and a great addition to the series. While the game is dark at some moments, it doesn't change the fact that this is a fun and (mostly) lighthearted game.
Parent Written byHoneyTherapy June 29, 2013

Good Game

A remake of the original "Kirby Super Star" with new features.
Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2013

silvonadux

I got more progress done on this game and I'm really starting to enjoy it now. Personally, I only like playing as meta knight (which is only available after you finish the levels they give you) But I had lots of fun playing this and I hope you feel the same. This might be scary to 5 year olds but I wouldn't worry.
Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

Kirby game is way too difficult

This game is INTENSE to complete. The Great Cave Offensive will keep people stuck for quite a while thanks to its length and difficulty. The True Arena is NOT for first-timers! It's a madhouse of pro boss fighting. The Arena is okay for beginners. Meta Knightmare is also very long and challenging. This game isn't too bad for Kirby fans.
Kid, 9 years old September 15, 2012

He's the Super Tuff Pink Puff!

Kirby Super Star Ultra is a very good Nintendo DS game for its time. It is the remake for the Super NES game, Kirby Super Star. It has stuff in addition to the Super Star modes, there are Super Star Ultra modes such as Helper to Hero, Meta Knightmare Ultra, Revenge of the King, and The True Arena. The game is easy to play, there is violence such as kicking, punching, and there are mini-games in this game, and in one of them you get an ability called Quick Draw Kirby which is Kirby with a gun and a hat, or in Kirby Super Star it is called the Shoot ability instead of the Quick Draw ability in Ultra, but they are both equivalent abilities. This game does not include Super Abilities however, it only includes Copy Abilities, so you don't have to worry about the severe violence abilities for this game. I marked this game as sexy stuff because a villain named Mr. Frosty shakes his butt and has no covering, but don't worry. His ENTIRE body isn't naked. I marked this as drinking not because Kirby gets drunk or anything, but one of the food power ups is a bottle of wine. Kids can play with each other with DS Download Play and DS Wireless Play, but not DS Online Play, so you don't have to worry about your kid going online to play with other kids across the country. Great Game.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written byenajleborts August 6, 2011

Review from my 10 year old

I love this game! It is the best game I've played on the DS. It's really confusing sometimes, but it feels good to figure it out.
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2011

I would recommend this game for everybody =D

One of the best games I've ever played. The levels aren't too hard or easy, they are perfect. The bosses are also very fun to battle. All the modes have amazing storylines that are very amusing and surprising. And did I forget to mention, MARX IS ADORABLE!!! <3333
Kid, 9 years old December 13, 2010

On for 5+

This is a fun game. There is hardly any cartoon violence. Kids will love it!
Kid, 11 years old July 11, 2010

Kirby has saved Dream Land once again!

I have been a long time Kirby fan. The games just get better in every release! Espiecially Kirby Super Star Ultra because I love almost everything about it! The animations are cute, the abilities are cool, and the enemies are all different in their own way. I love KSSU! It is still my favorite game! (Although I don't seem to play it much because I beat it.)
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2010

great game for 5 and up

ive played befor the old kirby super star but its a great game for anybody! its easyness and its fun is really adictive! the thing im most happy about for this game that once you compleat all the characters in helper to hero you get a very speacial movie where it shows all of the games from spring breeze to milkyway wishes opening cut sceans from the original NES version! other than that, its must buy !
Teen, 15 years old Written byDKRUMBLE725 March 10, 2010

Original was better

I'm pretty mad that they took the game and added anything to it. I played the original on the SNES when i was little and LOVED it.Even though this version didn't change the game too much, it still changes it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywhyamiusingthissite September 24, 2009

New-ish? Long rebutal time!

First of all, they mase it more than new-ish! They added lots of new features and levels. And wait, I thought all characters with more than one brand of media must be all about marketing! Pokemon has video games and an anime, both are all about marketing to you! If you try to stop me from making you look like a bunch of stupid jerks that don't like Nintendo, show me the law that says I can't! Well let me tell you something, the TV area of Nintendo products has taught me more important life lessons than a book of social stuff that's important! I personally think you gave iCarly a better review than Pokemon and Kirby Right Back at Ya combined, which is a bad thing! I mean really, it's okay to leave your home without permission, but it's a no on some animated fun?! No fair CSM, no fair!
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2009

faster stronger this puffball is back!

My favorite pink puffball is back baby!! very fun gameplay with all your favorite kirby characters
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 July 7, 2009

Scary? Suggestive?

Some of the bosses a little too scary. Plus, when fighting the computer virus boss, Kirby's stats get raised. And what did they make one of the stats? MATURITY. In a KID'S GAME.